Defense Hero Base Defend

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Always great to get feedback. =)
I would really like to see how your friend managed to get no Hero, though. :p

Unfortunately Exide is my old nickname. When playing I'm using Phrosen nowdays. ^^

The map is quite simple, kill orcs or get killed.
I was thinking of something like 'Invasion' or something..

I still haven't decided on the Tooltips, I will take your suggestion into consideration. =)
I was honestly thinking of naming them something like:
Fireball
Blabla Fireball.. blabla 300 damage. Blabla 10 sec cooldown.

(Blabla included.)
-Since I'm so lazy with Tooltips. :p

I'm working lik crazy on v0.96 ;)

Don't you just hate retarded nicknames? ^^
When hosting, I usually kick people with names with letters and/or color codes in them. They usually suck, either way. :rolleyes:

@All:
What items do you usually buy when playing my map?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Tooltips are fine ATM. But could be better :D
My preferred items for Pathfinder (or other DPS heroes) is 3 (YES!) Bane's Axe, 2 Shaman Claws and 1 Vampiric Glove. WOOTZ!
Farmed it up once. Kinda owned like crazy the minute I got the second Bane's Axe. Its ownage like crazy XD 1.1k critical~!
Ended the game in Solo (Easy) with this build. Lasted 45 minutes or so. 3 Deaths and 300+ kills.
The splash owned. Destroyed the heroes that got splashed faster than the one I was hitting (75% of damage as unreduceable damage 0_o)
Anyway, still love your game, just didn't play it for a while :)
Good luck, and may you replace War Cry :) (Its kinda stupid :S)

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. =)
I'm currently working on the next update, focusing a lot on Tooltips. I think I've got a decent layout now, I will need lots of feedback on it once 0.96 comes out.

Maybe Bane's Axe should be nerfed?
As you already know this map isn't balanced properly yet. All kinds of suggestions are welcome. :)

>and may you replace War Cry (Its kinda stupid :S)
-What's stupid about it?
-Any ideas on what to replace it with?

You should really try the game on Hard, much more fun. :thup:

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Ok. Sure, I'll try it on Hard sometime.
Also, War Cry is stupid because it just reduces attack damage. I don't mind the decrease but there's almost no point in learning it except the fact that it exists. Why do I say this? Because this has no Synergy with his other abilties. I would suggest something that allows him to be more effective in AoE damage. A -armour skill might be good, but make it more interesting, like have a primary effect and a -armour sub-effect.
Also, I just remembered that Leap doesn't look good. The hero doesn't "fly" upwards. Any idea why this is so? Did you add/remove Crow Form? Did you set the Flying Height and such?

Exide

Reaction score
I didn't intend to synergize War Cry with the rest of his skills.
Other heroes have non-synergizing skills as well, for example The Commander's Devotion Aura. It's not synergizing, but it's there to help the team.
I feel decreasing the enemies attack as a good enough reason to pick War Cry. :p

Yes, the leap looks kind of weird. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*

Updates made!
Version 0.96 released.
More info in the First Post of this thread.

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
Well I always liked the idea of someone making an AoS with only one team so I was very excited to play this and as a return this feedback for you.

General Feedback:
- It's a pretty decent map, nothing really annoyed me and there were some nice functional things (like the "Send item to hero" ability on the shop buying unit) altough I don't think you have reached the full potential yet of how fun it can be.
- There seem to be 7 heroes in a circle and one (commander I think was his name) seemed to be a bit to the right of the circle, that's probably why the other guy didn't find him. (I didn't find the 9th hero either, oops).
- Sorry no real balancing feedback since I only tried 2 heroes so far :(. The last wave does seem to be very strong indeed and cought me off-guard the first time I played and made me lose. It might even be better to upgrade the previous wave a bit so you don't get cought so badly.

Bugs:
- Three Priests seemed to not move on the first enemy building group on the left lane after it was destroyed. They weren't stuck or anything, they just stopped moving?
- A unit which I can't remember the name off anymore (the enemy unit is casting spirit link) was ethereal and couldn't be targetted. On top of that they generally run past all units and start to dance around the tree of life until the priests kill them (but in true priest style namely very slow).

Possible ideas:
- Make some of the creeps that are offroad harder and make them drop some unique items. (If you want to prevent "item hogging" on these items, then you can make them like another item + an aura, then you don't "lose" a slot and you give benefit to all other heroes so it doesn't matter a lot who picks it up in the end.)
- Add some random events (like a sneak attack, an extra wave, a miniboss, a wave which doesn't split up and attacks in only one lane, ...) to spice up the game.
- Add an enemy boss that also respawns and levels. This will give more of a pressure to beat the game fast.
- Add a possible melee unit to the allied spawns (not sure why you didn't but it looked so strange)
- Ofcourse if you follow these ideas you will probably have to adjust the difficulty.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
My first attempt to play Hero Base Defend.

Hello Exide!
Hello thehelper.net buddies!

WARNING:
Grammar bombarding Noob.

After 42 minutes of intensive gameplay I came up with some notes.

NOTE: Replay attached below.

Positive:

(+) The Item Combining System is win ^^'.
(+) The Repairing Peons
(+) The Leveling Heroes at the end. (Makes the battle more interesting.)
(+) The number of Heroes and the variety of spells.
(+) The tooltipps.
(+) The barricades and the terrain.

Negative:

(-) The Map lacks balancing. (At the end I spammed the Reinforcement for 500g and finished everything off. Also when the Tauren and Rider wave arrived, my towers had a hard life.)
(-) The Spiritbreakers were Astral, thus leaving them run around at the tree of live after they reached it.
(-) Implant Tips. (I noticed after 30 minutes of gameplay that I can upgrade my Reinforcement).
(-) You can get good Items to fast.
(-) Implant Recipes. (Referring to the point above.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you keep up the good work and try to proceed all the users request on how to improve this map, it will be more popular. You also have to keep in mind that everything said above is subjective. It is how I feel about the Map and you might not be okay with some points I listed.

Attachments

• Hero Base Defend.w3g
    188.2 KB · Views: 307

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback both of you. =)

Your list of Possible Ideas, No_exit, are awesome.
I will do my best to add a couple of them. (I especially like the Sneak Attack Wave.) :thup:

Yea, balance is probably the biggest issue for me.
I'm thinking of lowering the gold bounty reward, and probably increase the price on some items.
Some items needs to be remade, as well.
Maybe I should add a cap to how many waves of reinforcements one could send?

OffTopic: I watched your replay, you should change your Map-testing name xAnaMorphine. :p
(World Editor: File -> Preferences -> Test Map -> 'Player Profile')

Feel free to play again, and add more feedback. :)

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
In single player, alone, when spawning renforcement, I could increase my ram by 200. I mean it's really laggy. And heros at the end have items that we can't have?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
:O That was easy, on easy difficulty. :D I soloed pwnage as Pathfinder.
Once again, really fun map.
The recipe system is cool, but confusing. I think a recipe shop, or something like outside the map to check recipes would be better. Or if you keep it the same style with the recipe on the items, make the format easier to read, and like each item on its own line.
I have to go now, so I'll finish tomorrow. :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Attachments

• Exide Hero Defense 96.w3g
    152.7 KB · Views: 269

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*

Updates made!
Version 0.97 released.

@thewrongvine:
Try the new version, it should be a lot harder. :)

@Blitz:
Should I remove some units' attack missiles, to decrease the amount of effects going on?

The Changelog is getting big..

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
was fighting at the last area at the top of the map when i noticed my base was getting destroyed by "secret attacks" that happened like 3 times every 10 secs then like a 60s wait till the next 3. i did not have enough time to run support my units while trying to defend my base..?

Exide

Reaction score
was fighting at the last area at the top of the map when i noticed my base was getting destroyed by "secret attacks" that happened like 3 times every 10 secs then like a 60s wait till the next 3. i did not have enough time to run support my units while trying to defend my base..?

Awesome, isn't it? :)
Maybe I should disable the Sneak Attack Wave when playing single player. :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I be back from trip, ^^
Didn't try it (yet) but don't disable sneak attacks in single player. Just make them send less at a time or have longer intervals. And to make it really an ambush, make the times more random, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Played the map, was fun all in all :) More items would be a bonus, as well as a nerf to the sphere master (I was able to solo anything as 6 thanks to the images + his ulti stacking) His hero worked well together though, so good job on that :)

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks.
If you check the Update Log you'll see that The Spheremaster has been nerfed lots of times. ^^
I will balance check him again asap. Thanks for mentioning. :)

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*

Updates made!
Version 0.98 released.

New Hero Added - The Captain.

Bonus! Added a replay of me playing; "How to beat Hero Base Defense v0.98 Beta" (singleplayer.)
Tell me if you are having trouble viewing the replay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.