Defense Hero Base Defend

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
well you dont have to disable it, just some kind of teleportation?

i dont see how its possible to solo it which sneak attacks O_O

RodyisGod

Reaction score
Anyways, i agree with the tauren guy.
That its way to easy, buying reinforcements and that.
They should get like 750 Gold expensiver everytime anyone buys it.

=]

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
*Bump*

Updates made!
Version 0.99 released.
More info in the First Post of this thread.

-Come on, people! This might be your last chance to affect this map!-

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, playing on Hard difficulty by yourself is not that easy.
I had like no money and only got to like 20 minutes in game. (I would've gone further but I had to go)
I don't get how you guys could buy reinforcements, they were so expensive...
And after your buildings die except for the last tree thing, there's no point upgrading reinforcements because there's nothing left! Units (stronger units actually) should spawn with the tree.
^as of version .98^
:D
I need to test it online...
How can I affect this map? :(

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Exide

Reaction score
Yeah, playing on Hard difficulty by yourself is not that easy.
I had like no money and only got to like 20 minutes in game. (I would've gone further but I had to go)
I don't get how you guys could buy reinforcements, they were so expensive...
And after your buildings die except for the last tree thing, there's no point upgrading reinforcements because there's nothing left! Units (stronger units actually) should spawn with the tree.
^as of version .98^
:D
I need to test it online...
How can I affect this map? :(

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

I like playing on Hard. :)

You should aim at upgrading reinforcements once or twice when you get to the second orc base. For the third and fourth (last) orc base you want a full upgrade on reinforcements.

You're supposed to protect the Spawn Buildings at all cost. ^^

You can affect it by making suggestions. If I find them awesome enough I will do my best to implement them. :thup:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Okee, awesome-enough suggestion 1: make the Tree of Life thingy, when Spawn Builders are destroyed, spawn "ancient elf" units as the new reinforcements. Like a last stand effect. Or for the last stand thing, when the tree is at like 5% health, it calls upon reinforcements one more time.

You should aim at upgrading reinforcements once or twice when you get to the second orc base. For the third and fourth (last) orc base you want a full upgrade on reinforcements.

I never even killed one of their towers on hard! :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Anopob

Reaction score
Not sure if these points have been said before since there's already 5 pages of responses, but I'll say them anyway.
  • I tried the game by myself, as the bear druid, on easy. I could not beat it, even though I had full reinforcements and good (I think they're considered good, anyway) items. After the 2nd outpost, 90% of my units got stuck so I had to destroy the barricades to let my incoming spawn get through (but the 25+ units that were there were still stuck). By then, shamans and witch doctors killed everyone and I lost >.>
  • Basically, imo, shamans/witches need a nerf, or the other waves need a buff, and also the entrances to the enemy outposts should not be so narrow
  • Apparently, the 500 gold tower-upgrade doesn't really work
  • As a cosmetic, maybe give an actual voice to the bear druid? He's a druid after all, and hearing grunts the whole game kinda sucks
  • There seems to be too little units spawned at the third outpost- they get demolished too quick ... edit: I mean on the player's side, there's only like 4 units being spawned

Exide

Reaction score
I noticed today that the more players you are (after a certain amount, maybe three or four), the harder it gets. :p
(You have to share gold and exp and everything takes forever and people rush like crazy and get beaten on the third wave.)

Ancient elf sounds dangerous. :p
I was thinking of renaming my map to 'The Last Stand' or 'The Elves Last Stand' or simply 'Elves Last Stand'.. What do you think? ^^

@Anopob:
Thank you for your feedback. :)
I will take it under careful consideration.

>Basically, imo, shamans/witches need a nerf, or the other waves need a buff
I will try making the second wave stronger. :)

>Apparently, the 500 gold tower-upgrade doesn't really work
It does, the towers get more hp and more damage. -Should I add a text to their name saying 'level 1', 'level 2', (and so on)? (Same with reinforcements.)

>As a cosmetic, maybe give an actual voice to the bear druid?
The one saying "The sleeper has awakened"?

>There seems to be too little units spawned at the third outpost
Unlike the Orcs (except for the hero-wave), the elves can only spawn a certain amount of units. If you want more you have to send reinforcements manually (500 gold).
It's up to the heroes to disable and get rid of the orcs at that state of the game. :thup:

Anopob

Reaction score
>It does, the towers get more hp and more damage. -Should I add a text to their name saying 'level 1', 'level 2', (and so on)? (Same with reinforcements.)
I know the reinforcements do, as I checked their damage manually. The towers I also checked and they still did 104-13X .. or something like that. But if they do, alright, I'll check next time I play.

>The one saying "The sleeper has awakened"?
That could work, sure.

>Unlike the Orcs (except for the hero-wave), the elves can only spawn a certain amount of units. If you want more you have to send reinforcements manually (500 gold).
It's up to the heroes to disable and get rid of the orcs at that state of the game. :thup:

I see. Perhaps then an upgrade to increase the number of units sent per wave? Make it expensive of course, but that would make it less of a grind-fest (for higher lvls/more money).

Exide

Reaction score
>I know the reinforcements do, as I checked their damage manually. The towers I also checked and they still did 104-13X .. or something like that. But if they do, alright, I'll check next time I play.

You were right.
The first Tower Upgrade did nothing. (The others worked as they were supposed to, though.)
-I've fixed it for the next version, thanks for noticing. :)

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*

Updates made!
Name Changed.
Version 1.0 released.
More info in the First Post of this thread.

Bonus! Added a replay of me playing; "How to beat The Last Stand v1.0" (Singleplayer, Hard mode.)
Tell me if you are having trouble viewing the replay.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Oh yeah, The Last Stand is very original, :p
But usually in someone's last stand they are defending and then they lose, not offense back, :D
You beat it singleplayer on hard mode?! I don't believe you!
^^ Can't wait to try it out.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Exide

Reaction score
Oh yeah, The Last Stand is very original, :p
But usually in someone's last stand they are defending and then they lose, not offense back, :D
You beat it singleplayer on hard mode?! I don't believe you!
^^ Can't wait to try it out.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

At least it's better than Hero Base Defend. ^^

Usually when playing The Last Stand you lose, as well. :p (At least on hard mode.)

Yea, well I was "cheating".
I was playing the Spheremaster and using Magic Shield non-stop.
Afterwards I increased the cooldown, so it can't be used non-stop anymore. ^^

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
sevion played as the demon hunter or something and his bounce is RIIIGGEDD.. lol

it was just me and him, we had no towers left, no reinforcement spawns and we were being pressured at base while we killed everything up to the last enemy base. After a few minutes, no creeps spawned anymore, and only 4 heroes kept coming. then we decided to rush it and using his hax bounce, (which bounced like 2-4 times on the SAME building), and destroyed the altars easily. however, i was the commander (archer) and i barely did anything, 2 crit swords, lifesteal and 3 shaman claws

Exide

Reaction score
sevion played as the demon hunter or something and his bounce is RIIIGGEDD.. lol

it was just me and him, we had no towers left, no reinforcement spawns and we were being pressured at base while we killed everything up to the last enemy base. After a few minutes, no creeps spawned anymore, and only 4 heroes kept coming. then we decided to rush it and using his hax bounce, (which bounced like 2-4 times on the SAME building), and destroyed the altars easily. however, i was the commander (archer) and i barely did anything, 2 crit swords, lifesteal and 3 shaman claws

Sevion = haxx. :(
Seriously, it's the same bounce that Night Elf's Huntress use.
Blame WC3?

There can only be 5 orc heroes on the map at the same time. -If they would keep spawning, they would rape the players. :p
The Commander's ulti is very useful against enemy heroes.

What difficulty did you play with?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
oh it was "easy" difficulty lol

but uhh, i wasnt talking about the hero spawn, i was talking about creeps, they seemed to stop spawning if you arent in the top area

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I played on easy difficulty, and when i was past the first orc camp, and reached the second - got destroyed 2 towers, and then killed - a huge group of orcs attacked the base and i lost /:

othervise a realy great map - i like the heroes, and the idea of upgrading defending units :)

EDIT: sry for necro postin, I first realised now that this was 1 year old -_-'

Exide

Reaction score
EDIT: sry for necro postin, I first realised now that this was 1 year old -_-'

Always nice to see people playing my maps. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.