Hero Class brainstorm for my RPG

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Since this thread went so well, I'm going to actually make this RPG map.

The problem is, though, I'm stuck on heroes. I don't want the basic classes that you find in every single RPG (ESPECIALLY WoW classes), I want some things that are unique concepts (as far as WC3 RPGs go) but are still fairly general in what they do.

You can suggest two things: Classes and Prestige Classes. Classes are just like in any other RPG, you can level up your character in a class in order to get more abilities; however, you can take more than one class. Prestige Classes are like classes, but in order to level up in them you need to meet certain requirements. An example of a Prestige Class could be a Necromancer, in order to take levels in it you need to be a level 10 Sorcerer and have 5 Black Magic spells. For each class a hero has, the hero will have an individual spellbook containing all of each class' abilities.

---

What I have so far:

Classes:
- Druid. A combat caster who uses a bow or crossbow as their weapon and casts fire and storm spells.
- Sorcerer. A spell caster who can learn many different kinds of spells, ranging from elemental and light to black magic and necromancy. Sorcerers use wands as their weapons.
- Fighter. A basic fighter, he can use any kind of armor and almost any melee weapon (I know it's not original, but whatever). At 5th level, a fighter can specialize in a weapon type.
- Paladin. A holy warrior who uses divine powers to smite evil enemies. Paladins wear any kind of armor and can wield swords and hammers/maces.
- Cleric. The cleric is a divine warrior who can heal his allies with divine powers. Clerics can wear light or medium armor (chainmail) and usually wield spears or small weapons like daggers and hammers.
- Marksman. The marksman is a powerful archer who uses his physical strength to shoot his arrows further and with more power.

Prestige Classes:
- Necromancer. The necromancer summons the dead to do his bidding and is a master of disease and death. Requirement: 10th level sorcerer and 5 black magic spells learned.
- Arcane Archer. The arcane archer uses magic to make his arrows fly stronger, and can add enchantments to his attacks that treat them like spells. Requirement: 5th level marksman and 5th level druid or sorcerer.
- Defender. The defender's primary goal is to encase himself in as much armor as possible, thus making himself nearly impervious to attacks. The defender is also very strong and hits hard with his hammer or sword. Requirement: 10th level paladin or fighter with the ability Shield Specialization.
- Warrior of the North. The Warriors of the North originated as an exclusive band of fighters in the northern kingdoms of Dorskval. They pride themselves on their exceptional abilities with two-handed weapons, their natural resistance to attacks while unarmored and their skill with animals (they get a Bear companion at 1st level). A Warrior of the North can also cast minor cold magic. Requirement: 25th level fighter or 15th level defender.
- Knight. The knight is a loyal servant to the King who is strong in melee combat, but also has several techniques to increase his allies' power in battle. Requirement: 15th level fighter or paladin or 5th level Defender and the passive (earned by quest) Knight of the Kingdom.

Schyy

Reaction score
I don't want the basic classes that you find in every single RPG (ESPECIALLY WoW classes), I want some things that are unique concepts

- Druid. A combat caster who uses a bow or crossbow as their weapon and casts fire and storm spells.
- Sorcerer. A spell caster who can learn many different kinds of spells, ranging from elemental and light to black magic and necromancy. Sorcerers use wands as their weapons.
- Fighter. A basic fighter, he can use any kind of armor and almost any melee weapon (I know it's not original, but whatever). At 5th level, a fighter can specialize in a weapon type.
- Paladin. A holy warrior who uses divine powers to smite evil enemies. Paladins wear any kind of armor and can wield swords and hammers/maces.
- Cleric. The cleric is a divine warrior who can heal his allies with divine powers. Clerics can wear light or medium armor (chainmail) and usually wield spears or small weapons like daggers and hammers.
- Marksman. The marksman is a powerful archer who uses his physical strength to shoot his arrows further and with more power.

these are exactly the classes which are in almost every RPG !
so were are ur unique classes ? ^^

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
That's what I'm looking for. The map will have all the basic stuff, but I want some more unique things.

Razed

Reaction score
Hmm..

-Nature Elementalist
-Trickster
-Harvester
-Cavalier
-Siege Smith
-Vanquisher
-Alchemist
-Beast Tamer
-Stone Keeper
-Crusher
-Devourer
-Reaver
-Sentry
-Cleanser
-Tormentor
-Doombringer
-Watcher
-Constructor
-Commander
-Tracker

Just see if you like any, thought them up for you =)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I like a few of them, but a lot of them are too specific. I'm looking for general categories that can be further refined by learning certain kinds of abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.