Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
im in, but what d we have to do? like just give the name of our hero?

LOL! That's hilarious. -_-

I'm just gonna' watch some other heroes and be a judge (in my heart :)). Good luck to everyone!

Oh... Jonadrian, your spells are confusing to me but they sound cool so I guess they are :p.

Also do not write "Can I marry you?"
Cen I marry u?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Updated the list of entrants. Let me know if I missed an entry or a link is wrong.

Good luck to all contestants :thup:

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Won't be able to finish my hero, so take me off the list of entries.

Isn't it lovely to turn off your computer and have it not turn on again the next morning?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Wow BRUTAL... just tested your hero and (IMO) his spells were just freaking awesome.

Ice Prison was wicked, and extremely useful (shame that your hero can't pass in and out of it though)

Ice Arrow Shield looked great, and was pretty fun (getting attacked has never been so much fun?)

Ice Explosion wasn't as awesome as the others, but still pretty cool.

Blizzard Within.. what can I say? That was just lol! The spinning was a bit... odd but it still had a really cool effect ingame.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
:D thanks

you think i should make him able to pass through? it would be good now that you mention it, it could be used as a safe spot, to heal or something :rolleyes:

ice arrow shield is my least favourite because i acnt figure out how to make them move like that while still being in attached to the hero kinad :p

well if there wasnt any spinning action involed for the ulti, when the units spin around and the sfx are made it would look weird, but thats my opinion

i think im gona add in a trigger to make him able to pass through the ice trap

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
goddam, im finally finished this XD
proper name: Frostbane
name/race: Ice Avatar
update the names already!!!! lol
Dl the map:

awesome hero, right as good, or better than the most of the dota heroes^^

but i found a bug:(

A Screenie of the Blizzard Within Bug^^ they get instant moved to center of map instead of getting hurled around in the air, and they dont get down again

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
hmm weird, can you explain about what you were doing?
like did that happen the first time you casted it? did you try spam casting?
edit*, ah i see what you mean, i must have removed a point variable in the wrong spot causing the units to go to the center of the map :rolleyes:
i'll fix that, ty for reporting that :p

Zanar

Reaction score
Finaly Finished my hero.

Attachments

• Hero Contest 2 - Frost Witch - Zanar.w3x
    47.4 KB · Views: 319

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
yo brutal, i was looking through your triggers and found that the bolded text does... nothing.

Code:
Arrows Cast
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set IbInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                IbInteger Less than or equal to (7 x (Level of Ice Arrow Shield  for IbHero))
            Then - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
[B]                    If - Conditions
                        (Percentage life of IbHero) Less than or equal to 70.00
                    Then - Actions
                    Else - Actions[/B]
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Set IbCaster = IbHero
                Set IbCasterPos = (Position of IbCaster)
                Set IbTimer = 0.00
                Set IbReal = (2.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Level of Ice Arrow Shield  for IbCaster)))))
                Set IbUnitCreation = (360.00 / IbReal)
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Integer(IbReal)), do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set IbUnitCreation = (IbUnitCreation + (360.00 / IbReal))
                        Unit - Create 1 IBUnit for (Owner of IbCaster) at IbCasterPos facing IbUnitCreation degrees
                        Unit - Add Permanent Immolation (Neutral Hostile 1) to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Permanent Immolation (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Ice Arrow Shield  for IbCaster)
                        Sound - Play FrostArrowLaunch1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to IbUg
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_IbCasterPos)

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
lmao thakns for pointing taht out, i was gona make the ice arrow shield ability only available if the heros hp is less then 70%, muts have forgot about it, ty anyways

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
lmao thakns for pointing taht out, i was gona make the ice arrow shield ability only available if the heros hp is less then 70%, muts have forgot about it, ty anyways

lol. np. i thot that was wot u were goin 4.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Edited my hero one last time, feels strange to look through triggers you made a mounth ago:p.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I missed this thread and I almost wanted to try my best to do the Hero in 2 days, until I saw the "only GUI" rule... and I was like... "wtf?".

Honestly, this is kinda the first contest in which I see something like this...

Knight7770

Reaction score
Honestly, this is kinda the first contest in which I see something like this...
OK. PM me if you want the reason.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Awesome hero, Tinki3 that Ultimate, how to fuck you come on that stuff, awesome hero^^

hmm weird, can you explain about what you were doing?
like did that happen the first time you casted it? did you try spam casting?
edit*, ah i see what you mean, i must have removed a point variable in the wrong spot causing the units to go to the center of the map :rolleyes:
i'll fix that, ty for reporting that :p

sry for late ansver, wasnt home :( but now,

i was just ising the blizard within, and then sudently when i moved around with the hero and got close to an enemy it instant got moved to center of the map, and begin to move higher into the air, and stopped and just was in the same hight untill i killed them... :( "wierd", i think that to looked the triggers through and couldnt see anything wrong, but you better look it through for fails (they were moved to "Center of Playable Map")

EDIT: SO SORRY FOR DOBLE POSTIN!! :( plz dont -rep me for it :(

Knight7770

Reaction score
sry for late ansver, wasnt home :( but now,

i was just ising the blizard within, and then sudently when i moved around with the hero and got close to an enemy it instant got moved to center of the map, and begin to move higher into the air, and stopped and just was in the same hight untill i killed them... :( "wierd", i think that to looked the triggers through and couldnt see anything wrong, but you better look it through for fails (they were moved to "Center of Playable Map")

EDIT: SO SORRY FOR DOBLE POSTIN!! :( plz dont -rep me for it :(
Please refrain from using bold, large, and/or underlined text when it is not necessary. Thank you.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Do i dare? do i? ok... maybe i do..

Here's my beta entry!

Reena Frostwhisper
Portrait.jpg

Sorceress of Cold

Summon.jpg

Spells: Chilling Gale, Symbol of Arctica, Coolness Aura, Ice Veil

ChillingGale.jpg

Area of effect slow as well as anti air crowd control
SymbolofArctica.jpg

Ward summon, multiply beneficial effects + on death explosion
CoolnessAura.jpg

Anti-spellcaster aura, slows as a balancing effect, de and activatable.
IceVeil.jpg

Massive channeling crowd control

Warning: This is a support hero, NOT a nuke hero, nuke experience may vary

I still need to make the wards chain dispel and figure out a way to prevent allied units from being captured by the ulti.(fixed in ver 1.2)
And i am aware of the berserk bug that comes from the aura (based deactivate and activate on berserk so you might loose control of the unit) if anyone knows a "cure" for that i am open for suggestions.

Also if anyone discovers any other bugs or stuff just pm me.

Also, DarkRae, your hero's name is kinda contradictory. Since arch usually indicate someone of really high status and apprentice someone who is still learning,
Simplified: Arch = Pro , Apprentice = Noob , Arch Apprentice = Pro Noob ( ? )
but maybe you got a different meaning behind it.

Nac I Ramry Ouy?

Edit: Added 1.2, totally fucked up and mixed up some versions, some things from the first version might be missing in the second :\
Ah well, in the last second it seems, enjoy

Attachments

• Reena FrostWhisper - FroznYoghurt.w3x
    84.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Reena FrostWhisper - FroznYoghurt 1.2.w3x
    89.2 KB · Views: 380
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.