Hero draining XP? nono

Lifespiker

Hi all.

I have a Hero who summons another hero (using feral spirit). I don't want the summoned hero to cause my other Hero's XP gain to slow down (The summoned hero himself does not gain XP as I have it disabled via a trigger) Is there any way to make it so he doesn't slow other's XP gain? His classification or something?

Thanks

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Make a dummy with the same model and use a trigger to create the unit when he casts the spell.

Steamsteam

I think he means; make a dummy unit cast the summon spell, which means ur hero will cast the spell but all that will do is make this 'dummy' unit summon the monster... so its not actually ur heros summon but will be under your controll and summon infront of your hero (at least I think thats what he means)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Staff member
Having two heroes next to eachother spreads out the exp. You could probably increase the amount of exp the main hero gets to offset the balance.

Admit

This, for one unit:
Trigger:
  • Hero - Disable experience gain for (Triggering unit)

or this, for one player:
Trigger:
  • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 0.00% experience from future kills

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
The Gameplay Constant you might be looking for can be:
Hero XP Gained - Summoned Unit Factor

:S

Lifespiker

Disabling experience gain for the summoned hero doesn't work as I have already done that. I mean, the summoned guy doesn't gain XP (which is what I want) but he still drains XP from everyone around him. Hero XP - Gained - Summoned Unit Factor won't do it either. I'm starting to think it's not possible.

Lifespiker

millz-

^ I didn't play that map, but maybe the exp gain is triggered? So you trigger to give all nearby "Main" Heroes the supposed exp divided by the number of "Main" Heroes nearby.

millz-

Trigger:
  • Exp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Creep
    • Actions
      • Set GainExpGroup = (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GainExpGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from GainExpGroup)
          • If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Your_Summoned) then do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from GainExpGroup) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GainExpGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add ((25 + ((Level of (Triggering unit)) x 5)) / (Number of units in GainExpGroup)) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GainExpGroup)

Obviously this is just an extremely basic example how it could be done. And if you have some sort of creep respawning system, you could add this code to the respawning system.

millz-

Well, actually I made a mistake. I did not filter to only Heroes. But I guess it can be easily done?

Edit: edited to above

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Hump Day!
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
  • cubanral cubanral:
    agreed!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Friday Yay!
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    did you guys catch Carl's interview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHiMXABkGs
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    he's the one that informed me about the DVD's working!
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    he also mentioned the progress on the controllers!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I did actually it was cool to see the NUON mention
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://discord.com/channels/985377399338332202/985377399950696481 you can still use this chat too we are two fisted now :)
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    costs me $80 to fill gas tank sad face
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Oof
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah that gas is some expensive stuff :)
  • The Helper The Helper:
    ghan does not have to worry about it he has a tesla and I have a small tank so it does not cost me usually more than 50
  • The Helper The Helper:
    fyi Ghan we are getting an error trying to access stats or world editor tutorials Error 526 Ray ID: 72128c6bf99f6707 • 2022-06-26 02:35:15 UTCInvalid SSL certificate
  • Ghan Ghan:
    An artifact of switching to Cloudflare... the Let's Encrypt certs can't autorenew through Cloudflare.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I got the forum updated before things expired but there were some other casualties.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Everything should be fixed now....
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Thank you Ghan!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Monday!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    new NUON forum mod cubanral!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Started learning how to make tools-assisted speedruns, so I'm lately busy.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Here's my current project.
    +3
  • O Old Mountain Shadow:
    that was pretty good!
  • jonas jonas:
    really cool! I saw the game before but always thought it's just a half as good double dragon. Now I realize it actually has a lot of depth!

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.