Hero draining XP? nono

Lifespiker

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a Hero who summons another hero (using feral spirit). I don't want the summoned hero to cause my other Hero's XP gain to slow down (The summoned hero himself does not gain XP as I have it disabled via a trigger) Is there any way to make it so he doesn't slow other's XP gain? His classification or something?

Thanks

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Make a dummy with the same model and use a trigger to create the unit when he casts the spell.

Steamsteam

Reaction score
I think he means; make a dummy unit cast the summon spell, which means ur hero will cast the spell but all that will do is make this 'dummy' unit summon the monster... so its not actually ur heros summon but will be under your controll and summon infront of your hero (at least I think thats what he means)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Having two heroes next to eachother spreads out the exp. You could probably increase the amount of exp the main hero gets to offset the balance.

Lifespiker

Reaction score
How do I do it for just one hero? It's something in the gameplay contants, I can't find it in the triggers.

Admit

Reaction score
This, for one unit:
Trigger:
  • Hero - Disable experience gain for (Triggering unit)

or this, for one player:
Trigger:
  • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 0.00% experience from future kills

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Gameplay Constant you might be looking for can be:
Hero XP Gained - Summoned Unit Factor

:S

Lifespiker

Reaction score
Disabling experience gain for the summoned hero doesn't work as I have already done that. I mean, the summoned guy doesn't gain XP (which is what I want) but he still drains XP from everyone around him. Hero XP - Gained - Summoned Unit Factor won't do it either. I'm starting to think it's not possible.

Lifespiker

millz-

Reaction score
^ I didn't play that map, but maybe the exp gain is triggered? So you trigger to give all nearby "Main" Heroes the supposed exp divided by the number of "Main" Heroes nearby.

millz-

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Exp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Creep
    • Actions
      • Set GainExpGroup = (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GainExpGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from GainExpGroup)
          • If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Your_Summoned) then do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from GainExpGroup) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GainExpGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add ((25 + ((Level of (Triggering unit)) x 5)) / (Number of units in GainExpGroup)) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GainExpGroup)

Obviously this is just an extremely basic example how it could be done. And if you have some sort of creep respawning system, you could add this code to the respawning system.

millz-

Reaction score
Well, actually I made a mistake. I did not filter to only Heroes. But I guess it can be easily done?

Edit: edited to above

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.