Other Hero Frenzy

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Its been awhile but im continuing progress on hero frenzy.
My friend and I had this awesome idea for a map, that has never been done before (I think) It would be like Footman Frenzy. You would pick a hero, and a race. But heres where it gets interesting. Instead of normal units, you would spawn Mini Heroes that go up to level 4. They will still have upgrades, and i think they will have a new passive ability for each level. And they will look different each Level. i:e Level 1 Malitia, Level 2 footman, Level 3 Capatain, Level 4 Spell Breaker. Level 4 is ranged. Your hero that you pick will go up to level 10 for now. It will have several aura abilities and other troop supporting feats. Battle Tactics is an ability all the main heroes have. (Note: there will no longer be main heroes) It gives abilities like all attack, select x level units and retreat, retreat weakest. For now there are 5 races, 5th being naga.

Updates: 5/27/2009-
I have decided that in order to make Hero Frenzy more enjoyable, unique, and manageable, that I will completely recreate the hero system. I will keep the normal hero units- mentioned above, but they will be stronger and modified, and probably only be 5 or 6 to each player. Each hero will have about 3-4 units of his own to follow him around, like an army. There will not be a main hero, in the standard sense. But one of the Heroes will be designated Primary hero, which allows him to have 6 slots inventory, and to pick from several ability's. Also he will have 100% to revive unlike the other heroes.
The Heroes will still level up and evolve, but will have more levels, involved, mostlikely. A level 1 Militia will become level 2 Militia when he levels. But when he gets to level 3 he becomes a level 1 footman, and all of the units in his group become footman units, but only his group, as well as any addition replacement units.

I need help implementing these new features: the help thread is here:

Progress
Terrain:
l l l l l l l l l l 90%
I got the back bone of the map created. Added some doodads.

Units:
l l l l l l l l l l 99.9%
There will be five races ,for now, that you will choose from in the beginning of the game. Human, Night Elf, Naga, Undead, and Orc. However instead of having multiple tiers i had a expensive upgrade near the cost of the normal upgrade of a new tier which allows you to train your units automatically at the next level. For instance the first upgrade would let make all of you units train at level 2. But the units will have 3 levels and each level will probably have a passive ability of some sort. Complete but i have to balance them out.

Upgrades
l l l l l l l l l l99%
Items
l l l l l l l l l l 75%
more information about items will be provided further in on the process.

Heroes:
l l l l l l l l l l 20%

Triggers:
l l l l l l l l l l 80%

Overall:
l l l l l l l l l l 78.98%
I would like to hear from you. Have any ideas, suggestions, opinions(there worth more than 2 cents to me ), etc, post them here!

Playable version athttp://dargoth.kamphaus.org/Warcraft_Zone.html

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
lol I love the idea, hope it goes well

>Wah i am doing an hero frenzy

Then I guess it is a battle to see who gets finished first o_O

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I like the idea, too. :p It could become real good, if you put a lot effort in it.

Good luck on your map!

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I just thought of something....

WORK YOUR BUNS OFF ON THIS MAN!!! XD

IT COULD REPLACE DOTA XD

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
:D then hell I better get working :D
Edit: 43% for the win, hell i be done in no time its just the heroes and their abilities now!

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I havent worked on this in a long time. I need to test it but i cant host. I need someone to test it for me and host on bnet. Ill add you to credits. Please help, or this project is in danger of dying.

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
lolz, just like demonwrath said, WORK YOUR BUNS OFF SO YOU CAN BEAT DOTA, i think you should try and beat dota!

Item ideas:

Axe of Strength
Increases strength by 15.
Gold Cost: 1500

Kafziel
A great weapon that has been used to hunt down creatures, increases damage by 30.
Gold Cost: 1850

:D just some ideas...

TrinityBlade

Reaction score
Nice idea, i would love to see this thing pull through. The idea of having hundreds of heroes and all at diff levels would be as confusing as hell!

7/10 i think. Good Work!!!

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I could host it when I get on my pc. Pretty cool idea, tho heros should go more than lvl 10
Good reviews!
(P.S next my map will be "Forest Frenzy" ^^)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Well if you could do that for me, id be great. I had it so it spawned units but i messed it up for now. I need to fix it. Then when you can, i need you to host it so i can do a couple of tests.

D

delikely

Wicked - HOpe 's out soon! ^^

Item ideas:

Name: Disaster Blade
Infomation: A sword used by the Great Swordsman Xuel Ages Ago.
The Wearer of this Blade will get almighty powers
Gold Cost: 4200
Gives:+205 dmg,Health Regenaration,+15 armour

( IM USING THAT ONE IN MY ORPG ( DElikely's ORPG - Vengeance )
But u can put in ur map ^^

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
grrrr i cant get the units to spawn!!! :banghead::banghead:
bangyourhead.gif

edit: yes i figured it out!!! now i have lots of balancing to do.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Project Re-continued!

Now that i can host again, this project has been re-continued!!

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I have returned

BUMPPPPP!!! I've been working on this again for a couple months now. I lost the map and had to go back a few versions but i put everything back an then some.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.