Hero Line Wars Tutorial (edited remake version of the last tutorial)

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 1

Hero Line Wars Tutorial
By tom_mai78101

To find what you need, press Ctrl+F, then type in the code for the content without the (2nd) parentheses. How large this guide is, is in the Indroduction section. How large exactly is, is in the Credits section.

-- Table Of Contents -- C00
0. Table of Contents..........[C00]
1. Introduction...............[C01]
2. In the Beginning...........[C02]
3. How To Play................[C03]
4. How To Battle..............[C04]
5. FAQ........................[C05]
6. Income.....................[C06]
7. Heros......................[C07]
8. Creeps List................[C08]
9. Tips and Tricks............[C09]
10. Credits...................[C10]
-- The End --

1. Introduction C01

This is the guide for the first-timers. Everyone always play this popular game, but they only learn a little bit during gameplay.

This guide will give you an in-depth how-to-play in order to let you become one of the strongest player there is. Call yourself a pro when you have master the game.

This guide is also for the map: Hero_Line_Wars_RoC_v2.3.w3m

If you are playing ROC, guess this guide is for you. If not, then you can try setting it to play ROC version by changing the map file extension name to ".w3x" without the quotes.

If all fails, then you shouldn't throw away your ROC version. It's better to use old, traditional ones than newer, high-rated ones. NAW-WAY!! Forget the lines, that's the wrong script.

I think the introduction is very small, as you can see, but I will add a table of contents at the top, because this guide is HUGE, so let's go on. If you want to know why this guide is huge, go to the FAQ section.

If you finish reading this guide, I want to thank you for doing that. If not, I guess you are pretty sure you can handle a 1vs1 yourself, huh?

Now, let's move on.

2. In the Beginning...C02

Okay, you are now on the loading page. As you can see, there are some green bars on the loading screen. These are players who are done loading their game. You can look around the black loading page for some information about the map. There is also some images about it at the top. More features on the right side, and feedback on the bottom of it.

Once you enter the map, you will see your wisp with the others. The wisps are "souls" for your hero. This is also to keep Computer players to enter the game.

What you are suppose to do, either:

A. Type "-random" without the quotes. It will select a hero randomly, and gives you 3 hero ability points. This is to be equal to some players, especially for "newbies", because they have to get used to that hero throughout the game, so they give you 3 ability points to test out some of that hero's ability. If you somehow played this hero before and want to change to other heros, or you think you are not good at using this hero you randomly selected, then type "-repick" without the quotes to repick another hero randomly. You only have one chance to repick, so you better start working hard on your new hero.

B. You can choose your hero, by ordering your wisp to move to the center of the rings. Each hero has one ring, and that ring will give you that hero. You can view each hero's stats before you step into the ring. If you are pleased, go ahead and step in. Your wisp will be killed, and in place is the hero you have selected.

Now, all of the selected heros will be moved instantly to the "base ring". The "base ring" is a confusing term in this game, what it is talking about is this large ring your hero is in when your wisp disappeared. It is also the ring you must defend from the creeps. Once a creep touches this ring, one life is lost. Once this ring has lost 100 lives, it's game over for you. When your hero dies, you will respawn back to the game with your hero, and with all your stats within the ring after 30 seconds of gameplay. Why "base ring" is a confusing term is still confusing, because itself is confusing, get it?

Now you are ready to fight along your alliance, or your team members.

3. How To Play C03

Before I start, I will use alphabetical order to sort things out.

You are in this large ring. Go ahead and do one of the two things that can change your fate of winning this game:

A. First click on the Town Hall in the middle of the map. Once clicked, the Town Hall gives you a selection of creeps. Now, look at your golds, you see that you have 40 golds. Quickly, select the creeps that can be bought.

What you are doing now is "sending the creeps to the other side" or shorten to "sending". A lot of people don't know this term, so they usually leave early during the game. As you send, notice the top-right table with the title "Information" (I say it suppose to be called "Income", I think.) Look at your name, and look beside it. The number beside your name increased!! This is the income of your money. Periodically, every 10 seconds will give you how much the income you have from the table. The default number is 20 golds, but you can change it just by send the creeps to the other side. Let's look back at the Town Hall. Put your mouse over one of the creeps selection. A pop-up will appear, telling you some information about this creep. Beside its name, there is an income information.

Example:

Peasant creep: 10 golds. (Income=2).

This is just an example. For every 10 golds you spent, the income will increase itself by 2 golds. The increasing income is called "income increasement", but this term is extincted, due to so few players understand this. If you want to know more about incomes, there is an Income section after the FAQ section.

If you have at least 30000 golds, you can upgrade the Town Hall to Stronghold, with stronger creeps to buy. Try to get Black Citadel, to get the most strongest creeps you ever wish to buy. Later, we will talk about getting Stronghold and the Black Citadel.

Did you get it now? If you do, then let's go on to Part B.

B. Send your hero to the front of the line (left-most side of the line you are in), or called the "frontline", and wait for the creeps to come, since you are ready to battle against the meanless creeps. The creeps will spawn here, below the huge "Rune of the Spawned Creeps". Once the creeps are spawn, they will walk itself straight to the back of the line, and tries to step into the ring. You, as a hero and the defender of the ring, you must protect the ring at all costs, and to battle the creeps in front of you.

Now you are in battle. If you die, and there's so many creeps headed towards the ring, what are you going to do? This is where everyone leaves, because they think they are losing. But not you. If you want to get use to the Heros, go straight to the Heros Section.

Here's how:

Go to the back of the line. You will see a temple (a waygate, actually), go ahead and click on it. You will have a selection at the bottom of the table. These are the temple's special defence system.

Left: Blizzard

It will destroy a crowded creeps when you die. This is the basic defence you have when you die, and a lot of creeps are gathered together. Use this to help you get rid of crowded creeps. You can also use this to help you battle while you take on about 20 creeps in front of you. You can also use this to make the enemy's hero to be weaken, so that you can win easier, but only if you are not battling, or are strong enough to battle without the defence.

Center: Tornado

It keeps only one hard, strong creep from attacking you by lifting it up into the air for about 12 seconds. This is used when this particular creep appear and behind it has a lot of weak creeps. If you don't use this, the strong creep will defeat you, and the rest of the group will lower your lives down a lot. After you life the creep up, you can destroy the creeps behind it, and then try to defeat this creep. Usually, it gives an edge to you, since you can level up before you battle this creep. Cannot be used on other players, that means that you can't use it on the other side of the line.

Right: Lightning Strike

This is the most used ability the temple has ever used, and the strongest defence ever. It zaps 20 creeps each with 20,000 damages!! If you are about to get massed by a lot of creeps, take turns of using this ability and zap away about a maximum of 120 creeps. Good for zapping away a tough battle.

Unfortunately, you cannot earn golds this way. Although these abilities are free of charge, in-depth they are expensive. Whatever kills creeps will have you earn you golds, but you must pay the fees for helping you to kill the creeps, so you get free of charge. But the bad news are out, the good news is: When you are in battle, use this to help you gain more experience points by selecting one of the abilities, and use it on the creeps you are battling with. What you get is shared experience points from the temple, so better thank the temple and pray to the gods.

Now you have at least defeated a creep. You earned some golds, that's good. You have to spend all of your golds to get more incomes. The income is actually useful, when you are out of golds. If you get more income, you get to unlock more stuffs to defeat your opponent more effectively.

This is more confusing after this paragraph. Why? Well, they say that you got to be quick to win. This game is no quickier than that.

There are levels within this game. A total of 3 levels can be unlocked, just by using income as a key. The first level is the Town Hall, which is the easiest level at the start of the game, and being the unlocked part of the game. As you progess, you will have the ability to upgrade to Stronghold, the second level of the game.

Level 1: Town Hall

There is a trick in this game that can tell either you are rich or poor. For more information, go to the Income section. What you are going to do, is to do this: select (or buy, whichever suits you) your creeps from the left and move to the right, then move on to the next row. What it means was that you have to go from the weakest creeps (located at the top left) to the strongest creeps (located at the bottom right). Like this diagram:

1>-2>-3>-4>-5v
6>-7>-8>-9>-10v
11>-12>-13>-Lx

The numbers meant for you to select the creeps in an order, a total of 13 types of creeps in the selection. If the creeps gone dry, move to the next creep. If you hit the end of the row, go down one row, and continue on. "L" stands for "Last", meaning that you buy this last. "X" means your goal, which you must upgrade. Keep using this pattern until you are at the last level of the game. That's when you are tough enough to battle the awesome creep in the game. I will tell you more in the FAQ sections later. So, below is an option for you to pick.

One of the two things you can do:

C. Get at least 10200 golds income, so you can not only run dry your entire creeps selection, but also get closer to Stronghold, but you must not stop buying there. Once you get Stronghold, defeating the enemies' heros won't be any harder than the Town Hall. Once you have upgraded to Stronghold, you have just unlocked more creeps to choose from, and they are stronger than the weaker counterparts. They also let you unlock higher income increasements.

Why you must get an income to 10200 golds? The answer lies within the income. To buy your newly purchased Stronghold's creeps, you must at least buy one creep worthing 1000 golds. You really wish you can buy a lot more than just one creep, right? So, you should have that much income in order for that to happen.

D. You can wait for 30000 golds to come, and then buy the Stronghold. But one bad thing for this: You need to wait longer to buy creeps from the Stronghold. I recommend the above option, it's better and easier.

Level 2: Stronghold

Now a trick in this level. You don't have to, I repeat, don't have to buy the second creep in the selection table. (To define this, from the very top row, go to the second icon from the left in that row. The icon is a picture of a growling bear.) That bear is expensive, even though you have golds larger than its cost.

Although he is fast in moving across the enemy's line, making this creep to have the fastest moving critters ever in some games I have played, after the Avatar (I will tell you more about Avatar later. I will also tell you about the bear in the FAQ section). If you want to be the richest player in the game, don't pick him, I will tell you more in the Income section. But, if you want to win, choose this guy very much. It's up to you.

Now back to the Stronghold. Continue using the pattern that I have told for you. Make sure that you get at least 100000 golds income, so that you can buy the upgrade. It seems that we have a long way to go here. This is also why time flies: Usually, you have to waste 15~20 minutes of gameplay to reach this limit. Although, you think that it's faster than I think, you are wrong. I have done this test myself, and it's incredibly accurate.

And after a (whoo!) LONG period of playing, you get to unlock the "BAD-ASS" last level of the game: Black Citadel.

Level 3: Black Citadel

(WOOT!! Celebration time!)
You are now officially insane. Like I said, continue to use the pattern unitl you reached the last level. Once you're here, it's all up to the (very) awesome creep monster name "Sasquatch". It has the awesome spell of all: Rejuvination. Once it dies, he can revive and continue to fight until the end. A tough creep that even pros are worried of it.

If you are playing 6v6, get everyone to buy this creep, as it will launch a major assault that even pros have a bad time battling it. Once all the heros dies, they will go straight to the ring in a group, and you should win. If not, then continue to buy this creep. Why not buy the strongest creep is answered in the FAQ section.

That's it for the How To Play section, now to How To Battle section.

Part 1 end

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 2

4. How To Battle C04

You have chosen your hero. Now, it's time to get use to that hero.

A lot of people experience hardship within this game, thus making this game as popular as DOTA (Defence Of The Ancients).

You have a hero, go on and click on the red cross. The red cross has a number on it, telling you how many points you have earned through experience. You can also see if you have earn one point by looking at the top=left corner of the screen, where your hero's icon is located, by watching for the blue aura around the icon.

Usually, I choose a Melee hero, because that hero is tough in melee battles. I also sometimes choose a Ranged hero, but not quite as good as the Melee heros.

As you pick an ability for Melee heros, I usually choose an ability that uses mana by 1 and can be turned off manually. That is usually the easiest way to get more golds, because it can help you give out more damage to creeps, so that you can earn experience points and golds faster.

But if you choose an ability that is for Ranged heros, that ability must either be on Auto-Cast, Passive, or an ability that sucks hit points (the green bar turns to red, that's hit points), and gives it to the caster. This helps a lot, if there are more creeps than you can imagine, also helps you by giving you more golds.

If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, either do one of the two things:

E. Use the temple's special defences, it helps very much.

F. This is a little longer. Quickly, as you can, type any one of these inside the quotes, but without the quotes:

(1). "-str max", for heros with the Strength attribute.
(2). "-agi max", for heros with the Agility attribute.
(3). "-int max", for heros with the Intellengence attribute.

To see a hero's attribute, go select him/her, or press F1. Then look at the stats chart and see if it's either one of these:

a. A Fist:....................... Strength attribute
b. A Leg or Foot:................ Agility attribute
c. A head with the brain in blue: Intellegence attribute

For more information about the hero's attributes, move your mouse over the icon said above, then read the pop-up that appeared on top of the chart.

Oh, and you have to balance your hero's stats in order to win.

--Here's the Example from the Footmen Wars Step by Step--

Example:

Paladin --> His attribute is "Strength"
Archmage --> His attribute is "Intellegence"
Blademaster --> His attribute is "Agility"

If you know the attributes very well, then you should know how to buy tomes now. Order your hero to stand beside the Tomes Shop, usually near your base for easy access. Then, you click away at the attribute tomes.

But you also must remember to balance your hero's stats. Let's take a look at Paladin from above example.

Example:
Paladin's stats:
Strength: 20 --> This affects how many HP he has.
Agility: 1000 --> This affects how fast he attacks.
Intellegence: 12 --> This affects how many mana he has.

Paladin will die not because he has a HUGE agility, but because his HP is low. Focus fire will surely kill him.

Paladin's stats (balanced):
Strength: 500 --> This also affects his damage.
Aglity: 500 --> This also affects his armor.
Intellegence: 12 --> This also effects his mana regeneration.

Paladin will not die because he has good HP, good Armor, and good Damage. Lots of people will get scared of him.

-- End of the Example from Footmen Wars Step By Step--

I choose Melee heros because it is the strongest in this game. Why would you say that is answered in the FAQ section.

Some of the heros have the ability to reanimate dead creeps' skeleton. It is also the strongest ability at the start, but weak as time goes on. Want to get this hero? Go to the Heros section to find out.

As you play along, you will notice that even the slightest decision is time-comsuming. How do you reduce it? I decided this answer has to be read here:

Q: How?

A: Simple. At the beginning of the game, where you are suppose to select your hero, hold Shift, then randomly right-click everywhere until you have the hero, and right-clicked on his/her ring. DO NOT right-click on someone else's wisp, as they lead your wisp to their chosen hero's ring. After that, move quickly and click on your Town Hall, and then Ctrl + 1. Go straight to the temples, and find yours. Then click on him and then Ctrl + 2. Hit 1, then select your creeps to send. You will find this micromanaging tip very helpful throughout the game, because the secret lies with the shape of the keyboard. Near the 1's and 2's is a familiar button key called "F1". You can cycle around using the three buttons, as simple as turning your mouse over.

If your keyboard is different, choose the Number Pad as a reference. If the keyboard's F1 is located at a different place, then find a number above the QWERTY or ABCDEF or any weird typing pattern keypads that are closer to F1.

Why do this early, or do this unusual steps is answered at the FAQ section.

Now, you should get the hang of it. As you battle, always watch your hero. If you done the trick above, all you have to do is to worry about your hero, and where he's/she's going. If you need health, there are potions at the back of the line. If you need to kill a lot of creeps while they are coming, there are nifty items in the back of the line. If you need some tomes, go to the back of the line.

The three fountains are strange to my computer, as they change colors very noticably from bright colors while to dark-blightly colors. Anyway, The fountains act like a shop of some sort. Here's the information:

[1]. Item Shop: The above fountain is so useful at the second or third level of the game, that you must buy those items no matter what. Although it is expensive, it's cheap at the end. Those items help you get across a group of Sasquatches or Avatars.

[2]. Tomes Shop: These tomes are pretty expensive when you see these. Ususally, no one comes here at all. The reason is that the trick is simple enough even newbies are good at this.

Trick is: the "-xxx max", as the triple X's (xXx) stands for the attribute your hero has and needs. Also is the new trick: "-lvl max", introduced to you during the loading page. This will level up your hero's level to the maximum of 120 levels.

[3]. Potions Shop: Best used as a Pokemon Center in Pokemon, Hospitals in real life, and a Healing Place in Warcraft. It has all you need to live on. Come to this place often, and you don't have to worry about dying.

Oh, 1 more shop that I missed out on.

[4]. Trained Creeps Shops: This shop is located on the cliff above the hero. Since it's too high, most players missed seeing this shop, even me! I call this shop "Trained Creeps Shop" because its uses is to buy a creep and send it over to the other side. One good thing, is that you can control the creep. This shop is useful, only when the enemy's lives are left to a low amount.

For Example:

Dark Team's lives: 29 --> This is us.
Light Team's lives: 1 --> This is our enemy.

I buy a creep from this shop. The creep I bought walks straight towards the enemy. I quickly control this creep, and go around the heros who are following me or are too busy battling the rest of the creeps ("diverting", as called). I order him to go straight to the ring. As the enemy team members saw this, they quickly stop their battles, and rush towards this creep, but too late. We won the game 29-0.

Simple and exciting.

-- End of Example --

Now you understand the shops' uses, it's back on the Victory Road again.

As you reached Level 2 in the game, beware that you may easily die from the Steam Tanks. You got three options:

G. Go straight and battle them to the death.

H. Power Up, or "Max Up".

I. Use the temple's special defence system and try to get their HP down a lot.

Usually, I save my golds for creeps and to get the Level 3. But I think I'm bad during the Level 2. Worse, we usually lose 20 lives to Steam Tanks, because they are indeed tough.

Get all your teammates to buy this tough creep, and battle the Steam Tanks together. Who knows? Maybe it's you who took down a lot of lives from the enemy.

As you reached 100000 golds income, better first buy the Black Citadel, and then wait for the next batch of golds. Then do these three:

J. Buy Sasquatches, else keep using the pattern used earlier.

K. Keep powering up, and balance your hero's stats. They will need to become stronger, as you face the terror you have never seen before.

L. Keep leveling your levels up to lvl. 120. You will then earn a new ability free: Blink. You can use this to travel to the other side and help your creeps defeat the enemies' heros.

Leveling up your stats has never been so much easier than this. With at least 100000 golds income, you can level your stats to the full potential.I usually get my incomes to exceed past 1000000 golds, or 1 million golds income if you are tired of seeing zeroes, but I failed miserably.

And good news and bad news about stats:

M. Bad news: When you reached:

Strength: 1000000 points
Agility: 1000000 points
Intelegence: 1000000 points

You will have an error in war3.mpq. I don't know about that, because I'm no good at this MPQ files. You must reach at least the above numbers for this to happen.

If somehow no errors appeared, then it must've been my own computer itself making the problem, because it shows an error pop-up while I was testing this myself. And I can't capture it at all, because after I clicked OK on the pop-up, the whole background became blue, saying the error is too fatal to do anything except restart my computer.

N. Good news: It will help you get victory! You won't get any errors when you exceeds 1000000 points on one or two of the stats. Get three, and you're out, I think.

Now, if the game is still going strong, get Blink and fight with the enemy instead. Still, you must send creeps over there to win. Stepping into the other team's ring doesn't count as a life lost. For more information on "Blink", please look it up in the Tips and Tricks section of the guide.

If you win, congradulations on winning the game.

If you lose, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Either way, replay, or remake this game for more experience on playing Hero Line Wars. Or you can play other stuffs, beside this. You need to take a break after playing the game, or after reading this guide. (I told you, this is a HUGE guide.)

Now the How to Battle section is over (finally!), on to FAQs.

5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) C05

Q1: Why is "base ring" confusing?

A1: The ring acts as a very vulnerabe base building. When a creep touches the ring, it means that the creep has attacked the ring, so one life is lost due to the attacked damage the creep made. The term "base ring" is from TD maps, like "base camp" or "base town" or "base blahblahblah", but no one uses it. When a creep touches it, a life is lost. Get it now?

Q2: Why use the pattern for buying creeps?

A2: Read the Income Section. Then, you shall understand why use this pattern instead of buying the strongest creeps you can get first.

Q3: Why not buy the "bear" during the second level?

A3: Well, first read the Income Section. After that, read here:

Because you lose your golds faster than income. What I mean was your golds drops quickly, while your income increase slowly. If you want to win, use this creep, as it helps lower the opponent's HP faster. Like I said, income is all that matters how tough you are or how strong you can be. Income is the key.

Q4: Why can't I buy the strongest creeps?

A4: Well, read the Income section first. Then level up your Town Hall to Black Citadel. Hover your mouse over the Ghost and the Avatar after both of them are on shelves, or can be bought to battle with the enemy. Read the pop-up and you will know why.

Q5: Why would you choose the Melee type heros?

A5: Well, usually I choose the best melee hero I have ever used, the ghost hero, and since they have Strength attribute. Not only does he have the mana-draining ability, but also he can duplicate itself, can evade 50% of attacks, and can heal itself. Melee heros are always full of this abilities. So, you should get use to them too. Also, when you are leveling up your stats, all you need to do is to level up the Strength stat. Not only does it increases HP, it increases damage. If you are used to Ranged heros, don't use Melee heros right away because you may find very hard to control and stuffs you wouldn't want to happen.

Q6: Why do the difficult micromanaging trick at the beginning?

A6: This is for playing a lot easier than scrolling around the map just to buy creeps or use the temple's defence systems. Clicking on them is like letting your hero wasted by a lot of waves of creeps coming to destroy the ring. Also it helps to save valuable time at the last level of the game.

Q7: Why is this guide so HUGE?

A7: This is a very-in-depth guide for beginners and newbies who usually leave the game early. Since they have never played this game, it's best to explain to them in a tutorial early on, so we can have a lot of pros playing this game. If there isn't any pros to play this game, later in real life, this map will start to face extinction and lose the fame this map has earned in Wikipedia.

Q8: Why put the FAQs before the other important sections of this guide?

A8: This is my trademark. FAQs are suppose to help people understand fully about what the real part of the tutorial.

Q9: Help! None of my questions are being answered.

A9: Either post it, or send an e-mail to me. If you are e-mailing me, have the topic "HLW" or "hlw". No spams!
My E-mail: [email protected]

Part 2 end

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 3

6. Income C06

This section will introduced you how to get golds.

What is income? You may asked. An income what you earn golds every periodically. You earn more income, then you will earn more golds. Here's a rule for you to know:

"To get money, you need to spend some money. To spend some money, you have to have money."

To spend golds is easy enough, but where? There are three different ways to spend your golds:
One, the Town Hall.
Two, the shops at the back of the line.
Three, your stats and levels.

Now, you have mastered the income part, it's time to do some math. If you hate math, I will solve it myself, since a lot of people are saying that math is difficult. It's not difficult once you get use to it. Now, we are ready to do some math. Incomes are math, of course.

Why choose the weakest creeps first? This is why.

-- Level {1} --

Starting golds: 40 golds
Default Income: 20 golds
First creep (A): 5 golds each, income=1
Second creep (B): 10 golds each, income=2
Third creep (C): 25 golds each, income=4

Okay, so the above variables (the creeps, and the letters) are set up now.

What you see is quite convincing. You have 40 golds at the start. First, I start from the weakest one, until it runs out of stock, then I move on to the next one beside it, with the weakest and the next stronger creep interchanging. So, this is what I get:

My Problem (1)

8 A's, 0 golds left, income=28

So, right now, my income is 28. Understand now? Okay, then, watch this. This time, you buy the strongest creep you can buy, which is the third creep, then you buy the next weaker one beside it, and so on.

So, you get:

Solution [1]

1 C, 15 golds left, income=24
1 B, 5 golds left, income=26
1 A, 0 golds left, income=27

So, right now, your income is 27. How come mine is larger than your solution? That's why it's convincing. I usually do my solutions myself.

Okay, you want to have prove that you can get even higher than 28, right?. Using the same variables from above, but I use mathematics to solve this, all of the problems are solved like this:

So, you get in different patterns:

Solution [2]

1 C, 15 golds left, income=24
3 A's, 0 golds left, income=27

Still 27.

Solution [3]

4 B's, 0 golds left, income=28

You found an alternate way of getting 28 golds income. That's not above 28.

Solution [4]

Any combination of A's and B's, 0 golds left, income=28

Still at 28.

I guess you can't beat 28 golds income.

-- Level {2} --

Starting golds: 3000
Default Income: 1000
First Creep (A): 1000 golds each, income=90
Second Creep (B): 2000 golds each, income=150
Third Creep (C): 2200 golds each, income=200

Okay, now my same ol' pattern here:

My Problem (2)

3 A's, 0 golds left, income=1270

Now, your turn using your pattern:

Solution [5]

1 C, 800 golds left, income=1200

This is now becoming noticable with each income increasement. My income is larger than yours by 70 golds.

Trying other solutions:

Solution [6]

1 B, 1000 golds left, income=1150
1 A, 0 golds left, income=1240

Whoa! This income is darn so close to mine by 30 golds. But still...nah!! Too low to beat 1270.

Well there you have it! There are only two solutions here. Moving on.

-- Level {3} --

Starting Golds: 100000 golds
Default Income: 100000 golds
First Creep (A): 18000 golds, income=1000
Second Creep (B): 27000 golds, income=1500
Third Creep (C): 35000 golds, income=2000
Sasquatches (D): 45000 golds, income=2500
Ghosts (E): 100000 golds, income=0
Avatars (F): 100000 golds, income=0

Okay, I have two options I could do here.

My Problem (3)

5 A's, 10000 golds, income=105000

My Problem (4)

2 D's, 10000 golds, income=105000

They're all 105000 golds income, as high as they can get. Now, yours:

Solution [7]

E or F, 0 golds left, income=100000

Solution [8]

1 D, 55000 golds left, income=102500
1 C, 20000 golds left, income=104500
1 A, 2000 golds left, income=105500

Stop!! You have pass my so-called highest income. This is the reason why I said to use the pattern UNTIL you are at level 3. Again, continuing on...if you want to read on.

Solution [9]

3 B's, 19000 golds left, income=104500
1 A, 1000 golds left, income=105500

See there! Using the pattern here at level 3 is wrong. That proves that the income is pretty inaccurate during the third level.

Conclusion:
1. Incomes do change the fate of winning or losing.
2. They are powerful enough to topple a team.
3. Income says it all, more incomes comes with more powers.
4. Using the pattern above will increase your income big time.
5. You can also use other ways to increase your income. The above is just one of them.
6. Always try to stay ahead of the other player's income. If not taking a lead, at least you can defend.
7. Use your income to buy more tomes. The income itself is very helpful when tough situations appear.
8. Every 17 seconds, you get your income. Try to stay alive within 17 seconds during gameplay.

Now, you understand how Incomes can affect the gameplay, and some informations about it, you may go on and read the Heros section.

7. Heros C07

I will start from the bottom left, up to the top left, straight towards top right, last to the bottom right. I can't tell you how to use the heros, otherwise if you use a hero that's not suitable for you, you would be dead by the time they upgrade to level 2.

A. Blood Mage

Primary Attribute: Strength
Starting Stats:

Strength: 12
Agility: 3
Intellegence: 7

Armor Type: Fortified
Ataack Type: Range
Attacking Target Type: Land units.

B. Archmage

Primary Attribute: Intellegence
Starting Stats:

Strength: 5
Agility: 2
Intellegence: 12

Armor Type: Hero
Attack Type: Ranged
Attacking Target Type: Land and Air units

C. Dark Ranger

Primary Attribute: Agility
Starting Stats:

Strength: 7
Agility: 11
Intellegence: 5

D. Priestress of the Moon

Starting Stats:

Strength: 7
Agility: 10
Intellegence: 13

E. Revenant

Starting Stats:

Strength: 12
Agility: 18
Intellegence: 7

Attack Type: Melee
Attacking Target Type: Land units

F. Blademaster

Starting Stats:

Strength: 8
Agility: 20
Intellegence: 6

G. Keeper of the Grove

Starting Stats:

Strength: 5
Agility: 6
Intellegence: 12

H. Warden

Starting Stats:

I. Disciple of the Phoenix

Starting Stats:

Strength: 6
Agility: 4
Intellegence: 11

J. Summoner

Starting Stats:

Strength: 4
Agility: 7
Intellegence: 9

K. Night Assassin

Starting Stats:

Agility: 9
Intellegence: 9

L. Demon Hunter

Starting Stats:

M. Death Knight

Starting Stats:

Strength: 15
Agility: 4
Intellegence: 8

N. Tsufuru Jin King

Starting Stats:

Agility: 12
Intellegence: 6

Note: This hero can only be chosen randomly, it cannot be chosen manually.

Part 3 end

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 4

8. Creeps List C08

Level 1 creeps

1. Barbed Arachnathid
Bounty Award: 10
Hit Points: 75
Hotkey: Q
Gold Cost: 5
Income: 1

2. Rogue
Bounty Award: 20
Hit Points: 150
Hotkey: W
Gold Cost: 10
Income: 2

3. Centaur Archer
Bounty Award: 30
Hit Points: 225
Hotkey: E
Gold Cost: 25
Income: 4

4. Spidermonster
Bounty Award: 40
Hit Points: 325
Hotkey: R
Gold Cost: 50
Income: 8

5. Darktroll Shadowpriest
Bounty Award: 50
Hit Points: 350
Hotkey: T
Gold Cost: 80
Income: 12

6. Hydralisk

Bounty Award: 60
Hit Points: 375
Hotkey: A
Gold Cost: 100
Income: 14

7. Blackdragon
Bounty Award: 70
Hit Points: 400
Hotkey: S
Gold Cost: 200
Income: 22

8. Skeleton Mage
Bounty Award: 90
Hit Points: 420
Hotkey: D
Gold Cost: 300
Income: 30

9. Poisoned Treant

Bounty Award: 110
Hit Points: 440
Hotkey: F
Gold Cost: 400
Income: 50

10. Bloody Devil
Bounty Award: 170
Hit Points: 525
Hotkey: G
Gold Cost: 700
Income: 80

Level 2 creeps

11. Foresttroll Shadowpriest
Bounty Award: 190
Hit Points: 1200
Gold Cost: 1000
Income: 90

12. Furbolg Shaman
Bounty Award: 230
Hit Points: 2400
Gold Cost: 1800
Income: 100

13. Ghost
Bounty Award: 260
Hit Points: 2600
Gold Cost: 220
Income: 150

14. Gianthunter

Bounty Award: 290
Hit Points: 2800
Gold Cost: 3000
Income: 200

15. Broodmother
Bounty Award: 330
Hit Points: 3300
Gold Cost: 4000
Income: 250

16. Gnoll Assasin
Bounty Award: 380
Hit Points: 4000
Gold Cost: 4500
Income: 350

17. Siege Golem
Bounty Award: 440
Hit Points: 6000
Gold Cost: 5000
Income: 440

18. Harpy Queen
Bounty Award: 500
Hit Points: 6000
Gold Cost: 6000
Income: 500

19. Mudbeast
Bounty Award: 550
Hit Points: 8000
Gold Cost: 10000
Income: 700

20. Battleship From Hell
Bounty Award: 650
Hit Points: 25000
Gold Cost: 12000
Income: 800

Level 3 creeps

21. Taurrenboss
Bounty Award: 850
Hit Points: 45000
Gold Cost: 18000
Income: 1500

22. Devils Orcbeast
Bounty Award: 900
Hit Points: 55000
Gold Cost: 20000
Income: 1600

23. Murloc Nightcrawler
Bounty Award: 1000
Hit Points: 60000
Gold Cost: 24000
Income: 1800

24. Nerub Queen
Bounty Award: 1050
Hit Points: 125000
Gold Cost: 36000
Income: 1900

25. Orge Mauler
Bounty Award: 1100
Hit Points: 80000
Gold Cost: 28000
Income: 2000

26. Berserk Wildekin
Bounty Award: 1200
Hit Points: 100000
Gold Cost: 30000
Income: 2100

27. Giant Wolf

Bounty Award: 1300
Hit Points: 90000
Gold Cost: 33000
Income: 2200

28. Frostfurbolghero
Bounty Award: 1400
Hit Points: 100000
Gold Cost: 36000
Income: 2300

29. Razormane Medicineman
Bounty Award: 1500
Hit Points: 80000
Gold Cost: 39000
Income: 2400

30. Sasquatch Urtum
Bounty Award: 1700
Hit Points: 160000
Gold Cost: 45000
Income: 2500

31. Lightning Ghost
Bounty Award: 1600
Hit Points: 150000
Hotkey: X
Gold Cost: 75000
Income: 0

32. Avatar

Bounty Award: 10000
Hit Points: 300000
Hotkey: C
Gold Cost: 100000
Income: 0

9. Tips and Tricks C09

Alright, here's some tips for the game:

Tip #1:

When you wish to play this game, always be sure you are very flexible, and you know how to play. Fast movements are critical to becoming a winner. But, this is not usually right. Some slow income-making players still can make a beautiful play, as they are pretty capable to win a round. Don't ever use this tip when you are on level 2. During this level, either you level up your hero's stats or keep buying creeps.

Tip #2:

During a loading screen, when you see some players becomes green very quickly, watch out for some lagging problems. Although this isn't very serious, but when you face a lot of creeps in one spot, that's what you should be aware of. To avoid this, keep leveling up your primary attribute to the point where beating a hard-ass creep is less than a second worth of battling it (It means that you should keep leveling as strong as you can, so the creeps won't stay too long in the game). Usually, players with low-rate (or called plainly: "slow") connections will suffer from this. If it's you, then do this tip for your own playing time.

Tip #3:

At the start of the game, be sure to see what hero the enemy is. Mostly, it's the easiest hero ever to be chosen, but this can change how your team plays. Because of the balancing problems the HLW Teams have been facing, they have made an even more fair enough ROC gameplay version. As the team says: "Erase the older versions!". Some heros are weak at first, but they are strong at the last moment. Others are strong at first, but weak as an ant.

Tip #4:

Wonder why you are not keeping up with the others? It's probably your income that matters. Use your income the nanosecond you get your income. Saving golds doesn't do anything at all, so you shouldn't try keeping it over until the game ends. If not, then level up! What matters is that if only you can defend your base ring, that's all.

Tip #5:

Help! Help! A whole load of creeps are coming! So what?! Use your special defence from the temple, and everything's should be fine. If you can't use it right away, then either your teammate should do it automatically, you ask them, or by pinging the map using the minimap's ping. (You don't know? The "!" sign in a map)

Tip #6:

If your income reaches past 10200 golds during Level 1, then you should keep spending golds on the creeps. Once your total golds get past 30000, that's when you buy your Level 2. Keep like this for the first two levels.

Tip #7:

If you have Stronghold, be sure to try and keep a lead in incomes. During this level, if someone's income is passing you, you should keep ahead of him. That way, you can get more stuffs to battle on.

Tip #8:

If you have a huge amount of golds (like 400000), then go buy items! This is the best way to overcome the rising tides of creeps.

Tip #9:

Always keep your hero alive at all costs!! I did save my hero's life once, and it helped my team won the game. Use the temple's special defence to help you engage battle with the creeps.

Tip #10:

Always try using the center shop (Trained Creeps Shop), so that way you can win easily. Remember to win, not enjoy battling your way to level 120, or a 1v1 faceoff. Those are unnessecary.

Tip #11:

If more than 2 players are playing, make sure everyone's cooperating. Teamwork is the best gameplay throughout every Team Games.

Tip #12:

If someone's about to leave the game, make sure you or one of your team members gets his golds. Give the golds to the lowest income player in your team. Tell him to use the golds on either creeps or stats.

Tip #13:

If someone's income on any team stays 20 golds, either the player doesn't know how to play, or the player is away from the keyboard. To teach him how to play, tell the player to read this guide, get some information about how to play the game, or do something to get his attention and tell him to buy some creeps.

Tip #14:

If someone isn't playing very well, either you have to be stronger than him, and defend your base without the help of that player, or see if the player knows what he is doing.

Tip #15:

If you are lagging, or someone's lagging, but no pop-up saying which one is lagging, you do one of these three options:

1. On Level 1
>If you:
Solution: Move your screen away from the big pile of creeps, or see if you are busy doing something on your computer. If you are, you have the most likely to get booted.
>If not you:
Solution: Try to move your screen away from the battlefield. If still lags, see if anyone is lagging. If no one says anything, then it could be some connection traffic going on in Battle.Net.
2. On Level 2
>If you:
Solution: Then it must be your connection. If you still can speak to other players, then it's the host's problem.
>If not you:
Solution: Ask who is lagging. If the text appears a little late, then it's the connection traffic.
3. On Level 3
>If you:
Solution: By this time, you either are about to face some huge problems with the upcoming hard-to-beat creeps, or your computer's really working hard to keep you going. Right now, if it's very choppy, then you are booted. If not, and can still talk to others, then it's the host's problem. If the host's gone, you will get disconnected.
>If not you:
Solution: See if they have a large amount of warfare going on over their side. If there is, then it's their problem, don't worry. If the large amount of creeps is on your side, that's the problem. Try to get rid of them as soon as possible. If not, wait for the game to show that someone has left the game.

Okay then, tricks coming up.

Part 4 end

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 5

Trick #1:

As what the loading page just said or told you, "-xxx max" is a fast way to level up your hero. Also a fast way to pick a hero is either "-random" or "-repick".
The "xxx" stands for in the quotes:
(a). Strength => "str"
(b). Agility => "agi"
(c). Intellegence => "int"
(d). Level Tomes => "lvl"
You will need it, 100% really.

Trick #2:

Legend:
->: The direction you must go.
(#): The slots for the creep selection menu.
v: Go down one row.
L: Buy the next level (for Level 1 and Level 2).
x: Stop using this pattern (for Level 3).

What you are going to do, is to do this: select (or buy, whichever suits you) your creeps from the left and move to the right, then move on to the next row. What it means was that you have to go from the weakest creeps (located at the top left) to the strongest creeps (located at the bottom right). Like this diagram:

1->2->3->4->5 v
6->7->8->9->10 v
11->12->13->L x

The numbers meant for you to select the creeps in an order, a total of 13 types of creeps in the selection. If the creeps gone dry, move to the next creep. If you hit the end of the row, go down one row, and continue on. "L" stands for "Level Up", meaning that you buy the next level last and only if you have enough golds to spend. "X" means your goal, or the end of Level 3, which you must upgrade to. Keep using this pattern until you are at the last level of the game. That's when you are tough enough to battle some hardheaded creeps in the game.

Trick #3:

At the beginning of the game, where you are suppose to select your hero, hold Shift, then randomly right-click everywhere until you have the hero, and right-clicked on his/her ring. DO NOT right-click on someone else's wisp, as they lead your wisp to their chosen hero's ring. After that, move quickly and click on your Town Hall, and then Ctrl + 1. Go straight to the temples, and find yours. Then click on him and then Ctrl + 2. Hit 1, then select your creeps to send.

You will find this micromanaging tip very helpful throughout the game, because the secret lies with the shape of the keyboard. Near the 1's and 2's is a familiar button key called "F1". You can cycle around using the three buttons, as simple as turning your mouse over.

If your keyboard is different, choose the Number Pad as a reference. If the keyboard's F1 is located at a different place, then find a number above the QWERTY or ABCDEF or any weird typing pattern keypads that are closer to F1 or the hotkey for your 1st hero.

Now, you should get the hang of it. As you battle, always watch your hero. If you done the trick above, all you have to do is to worry about your hero, and where he's/she's going. If you need health, there are potions at the back of the line. If you need to kill a lot of creeps while they are coming, there are nifty items in the back of the line. If you need some tomes, go to the back of the line.

As long as you try to keep your hero alive, you could get the most experience points you could get.

Trick #4:

Get Blink, a long-range instant teleportation ability. You get this free, by leveling your hero to lvl. 120. It will help you win the game, if the game is still going, like forever.

Trick #5:

To mass creeps, you must have at least 2 players on your team. Then, you must know that your team can get very high incomes. If all goals are reached, now send many strong creeps to their side.

VERY SERIOUS NOTE: This you must know, is the massing creep has to be the same kind of creep you are trying to mass with. Like massing lots of Sasquatch Urtums onto their side, or massing lots of Barbed Archinathid in one go. Work together to get the satisfiying results.

That's it for the Tips and Tricks section, if you have more, please let me know. More information in the Credits section, which is coming up now.

10. Credits C10

All rights copyrighted (c). This tutorial is a trademark of Tutorial Series Production. tom_mai78101 is a trademark of the Tutorial Series Cooperation.

This guide is made for new-comers, so we can have lots of pros varying from experts to kings. That way, pros aren't lonely as long as Battle.Net stays on. It would be wow.

The author's email and limits:

Nickname: tom_mai78101
Account Name: tom_mai78101@USEast
Email: [email protected]
Limits:
(a). The topic must have "HLW", or "hlw" within it.
(b). No spamming!
(c). You can send some of your Tips or Tricks, ways to play Hero Line Wars, etc., or...
(d). ...add some comments about this guide.

Thank you, tom_mai78101, for this guide.

Thanks for my parents, for letting me live.

Thank you for reading this. It is very helpful and kind of you to do this.

Estimated Bytes: 48.8 KB
Total Bytes: 50,000 bytes (Including this sentence)
Finishing Time: 08:45 PM 2006/10/28

Part 5 end

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Part 6 (editable)

Quotes

nigerianrulz said:
hero selection-

every hero has its weakness and ultimate power
Int heros-all have VERY good ability for mass creeps e.g. sorcesser, jaine and summoner has good ability

Agi-blademaste with the best ability in the game CRITIAL HIT as you get later on in the game critial hit will kill anything sasquatch not a problem and the hero, Windrunner is good too with its arrow that summon stuff

Str-only a few but it is well balanced heros

If you are playing a 4v4(probably the best if you are starter), 5v5, 5v4 or anything else
NEVER STOP SENDING CREEPS it is because of the income you get dont use on ability unless you are in trouble like facing hard ones you can finish wait until you got 1mill income then do what you like

Best teams-
The best teams is made with the heros
Blademaster(2 of them)
socesser
summoner
the master guy
that is the best team of all go try if you want

heres what u should do if 1v1 u are playing(the pro battle) save up for the troll at 80gold very easy kill

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
more to say
a tip-
when you about to win/lose the game and you got around 100000 income and no one got to lvl 120 then if you what to be the first in the game USE ON LVL by doing -lvl max very good at the game of the game since after the game end there is like 6 sec spare before the thing you are defeated/ or win i do that all the time so if a person has a bit more income than you and a bit more lvl you can beat him by that :D
tip #2- when you mass send at lvl 3 shine of couse that is when you get 1mill income this is what you send-
first off give them all sasquatch
avarta next
all on the tauren since they got stun :D the best ever
more avarta
tauren
tele your self there to help out( the strongest out the team you have)
more tauren then send whatever you like and NO MATTER what hero they have they will lose even with blademaster or illidan nothing will save them :D
btw you have to have aleast 2 people on your team inorder to do that
warning-if the other team is pro too with all blademaster they there might be a problem...

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Good one, nigg.

But you should try making it a little more sense, because I can't understand anything.:(

I have like 80% of it understand, but just telling you about your "post". That is all.;)

A word from the author:

Any Comments, please post it.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
3 things that I always wanted to do.

Good one, nigg.

But you should try making it a little more sense, because I can't understand anything.:(

I have like 80% of it understand, but just telling you about your "post". That is all.;)

A word from the author:

Any Comments, please post it.

BUMP!!:confused:
BUMP!!:mad:
BUMP!!:banghead:
Three bumps is enough. I really need some comments. PLEASE GIMME SOME!!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Mai World Editor Tutorial from 2006 is this valid in any way shape or form now? Funny thing is too this is from your account that is banned too Tom :) WTF?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.