Hero Names

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Problem status: SOLVED

In my map, there are a certain amount of Heroes placed on the map. Each time the map is played, the Heroes always have the same name they had the previous time the map was played. Also, if a name has already been taken by another Hero, lets say Frank, then another Hero will have the Frank II.

Is it possible to make the Heroes have a different name each time the map is played? Is so, how?

Altneratively, if that isn't possible, is there are way to remove the name extensions (e.g. having II on the end of the name) from the Hero name?

For the Hero, I've got 12 Proper Names, and in the Proper Names Used section, I have the number 12.
I tried experimenting with:
0; which caused only the first name to be used.
-1; which caused the game to crash
100; which causes only the first three names to be used (which is quite strange)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
You want the map to never, ever, have the hero get a certain name twice? You mean like, you want the map to randomly select a name from your list of names, or do you want it to never in its entire history of being played has a hero with the same name twice? Or do you just want 2 heroes to never have the same name in a game? The only one possible to my knowledge is the first one.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Randomly select a name from the list of names for each Hero each time the map is played.
And multiple Heroes to be able to have the same name instead of a Hero having a name extension (such as II).

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That should be easy - Object Editor - units - scroll down untill you see hero names (Then set more names) and down you will see values how much will you use names ( Example : Frank , John - 2 values)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
The game automatically selects a random name from the list of names given.

As for making it so when a hero has the same name there is no, "II", my only suggestion is that you add other names with spaces in front or something..

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
In the map, to make it easier for me, I have physically placed these Heroes on the map. Because of this, I'm pretty sure that the game doesn't automatically select random names for the Hero because every time I've run the map, each Hero has the same name it had last time the map was run (including the name extensions).

Also, the Hero that the player starts with is created via a trigger. From what I have noticed (from testing the map as Player 1 Red), the name of the Hero seems to vary between name 1 and name 2, although there are 15 different names for this particular Hero class.

So, from what I can tell, I'm sure that the only time the game automatically selects a random name is when you create it via training one (like in a normal melee map).

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Hero names already are random.
Regardless of where the Hero's coming from.

And, the only way to have one same Hero several times with the same name is entering that name several times to the list of names.
Alternatively, just put one name, but 20 times.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I have come to a conclusion:

Tesing the map through the World Editor (i.e. Ctrl + F9) causes the Hero names to be the same every time.
However, testing the map by going into Warcraft III-> Single Player-> Custom Game, etc, then the names are random.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.