Hero Steal?

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
This ability is a simple mind control ability that works like charm, although it doesnt really pertain to what you are looking for I don't think, it shows a breakdown of taking possession of the unit that may seem simpler.

I would imagine without getting too fancy, you can simply "Hide" the charm caster using "Unit - Hide Unit" for the duration (using flashy special effects to make it look like a possession) - rather than storing all kinds of values to variables and having to call them at the end.

It seems that although my trigger is fairly similar to the others, I don't see the point of the complexity of storing so many values into so many variables unless that is truly exactly what you want.... for whatever reason..... it seems redunant. Give the basis of my final trigger below a shot and add in what you want, see how it works.
Code:
Mind Control Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Mind Control (TRIGGERED)
    Actions
        Set Charm_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Charm_Caster_Player = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        Set Charm_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set Charm_Target_Player = (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        [B]Unit - Change ownership of Charm_Target to Charm_Caster_Player and Change color[/B]
        [B]Selection - Select Charm_Target for (Owner of Charm_Caster)[/B]
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Charm_Target using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        [B]Unit - Hide Charm_Caster[/B]
        [B]Wait 30.00 seconds[/B]
       [B] Unit - Move Charm_Caster instantly to (Position of Charm_Target)[/B]
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Charm_Target using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        [B]Unit - Unhide Charm_Caster[/B]
        [B]Unit - Change ownership of Charm_Target to Charm_Target_Player and Change color[/B]
*Edited to make you select the charmed unit when its charmed* -- Also, if you dont want the unit to reappear at the position of the charmed unit, simply make it reappear somewhere else... maybe from an offset from the unit.

Also, you can setup your special effects, etc, to make the unit look like it is possessing the unit even better than shown - that is something I wrote in like a minute, it can be made prettier (even for a GUI trigger). Maybe even possession would work, I'm not sure myself, haven't looked at / tried the ability.

G

Gojhin

malice, you overlooked everything he's trying to do. he wants to take the hero, for a set time, then when it changes back, he wants to keep all the exp he gained on the stolen hero and transfer it to his original hero, then give the hero back to his owner.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
malice, you overlooked everything he's trying to do. he wants to take the hero, for a set time, then when it changes back, he wants to keep all the exp he gained on the stolen hero and transfer it to his original hero, then give the hero back to his owner.

I figured I had overlooked it, I had only read his first post - Sorry - I'm also falling asleep as its nearly 3 AM :X

Thank you

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Hey you guys everyone helped and even malice-'s post contributed to my learning.. I actualy did you a mixute of everyones triggers and my own.. It works just how I want it. Thanks for all your help guys. And I found everythign I needed.

You all made it work for me. And I appreciate all the help you all gave.. One more big THANKS!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.