Hero Submerge Problem: Skills don't show

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I have a hero with a normal submerge skill. Everything works fine, just when the hero is submerged, the skills will no longer be useable - unless the hero died while being submerged since learning the skill oO

The skills are still learnable, the levels remain the same, just that the hero doesn't get the spell icons and effects (passives have no effect, besides of not being shown).

Note that _some_ of the spells are learnt like in custom hero linewars, but the problem is there for all skills, not just those. If you request, I can add screenshots.

E1:
Okay, now this is really weird. If the target hero does NOT have the same submerge skill, it will keep the skills - but it is not able to unsubmerge again. I think I can do a workaround with two unsubmerge skills now. Special thanks to erik, who helped me find out.

E2:
If I try to do two submerge skills, the second unit won't show its unsubmerge skill anymore oO Skills are taken away too. Will try to add by triggers...

E3:
Some of the units won't actually be submerged correctly. I'll have a look into my skills.

E4:
Still doesn't submerge correctly. Passive skills are kept, active skills aren't.
Current situation:
learn skill - works
submerge - submerges, but doesn't change hero type. skill that was learnt is still useable if it was a passive.
learn skill - doesn't do a thing unless the skill is a passive
unsubmerge - doesn't have.

E5:
Current build:
Normal Hero is alternative form, has submerge skill
When the submerge skill is used, wait 5 seconds, then add the same submerge skill
learning skills works perfectly now, even when "submerging"
The hero does not have an "unsubmerge" skill before the 5 seconds are over
Skills are learnable
Whenever you "submerge", the hero plays its death-animation oO and gets +22 to damage (strength bonus I guess)
Hero cannot pick up items at all
Hero has inversed pathing rules (no pathing while "unsubmerged", pathing while "submerged")

Next thing I'll try is dh morph

E6:
dh morph allows abilities to be kept, but doesn't have the many advantages submerge has (becoming invisible automatically, having different pathing rules etc etc)
Also it doesn't allow to morph/unmorph correctly.

Next thing: stoneform!
E7:
stoneform is the same as dh morph, just that it allows to morph/unmorph correctly. Sigh, I'll have to stick to this...

Attachments

• Submerge.w3x
    13.4 KB · Views: 185

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
bump. See attached demo map. Please try submerging the top right paladin, unsubmerge him again, and submerge him again. If you watch closely, you'll see strange things happening...

Weyird

Reaction score
I suspect maybe you need to go to gameplay constants and set "morph abilities available" or some such to true.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Fixed it.

morph type spells cannot be unit type spells on a hero and you have to add a unit dependence like i did.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Fixed it.

morph type spells cannot be unit type spells on a hero and you have to add a unit dependence like i did.

Doesn't work for me. The situation is like this:
Hero can learn the skill [I don't want it to be a learnable thing tho and I already have 5 skills/hero], that particular skill stays, other skills don't. Add some +level stuff and see for yourself : /

Thanks for your help anyway.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Doesn't work for me. The situation is like this:
Hero can learn the skill [I don't want it to be a learnable thing tho and I already have 5 skills/hero], that particular skill stays, other skills don't. Add some +level stuff and see for yourself : /

Thanks for your help anyway.

Well then good luck finding your way around. Cause it doesn't work without being a hero spell.

Hope777

Reaction score
Im trying to make a skill like this .. can explain again , whenever i try it doesnt work.. I even tryed using metamorphosis as a base

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.