RPG Heroes of Eastern Kingdoms

meehael

Reaction score
Heroes of Eastern Kingdoms

Heroes of Eastern Kingdoms is a PvP/Co-op RPG map. I took some basic ideas for the map from the game World of Warcraft, but then again, I wanted it to be as melee as possible, so that the map (heroes, creeps, and such) is familiar to all Warcraft 3 players.

You pick a side and take role of a hero that will help people which come across his path and that will fight against enemy. There are two factions in the map: Alliance and the Horde. They are racial enemies which live on the same continent. Humans and Night Elves are in the Alliance, while Orcs and the Undead are in the Horde. Each race has four heroes to choose from. Once you choose your side or faction, and once you choose your hero, your main quest will be either to defeat the opposing faction, or (if all of you are playing in the same faction, in co-operation) to defeat the ultimate boss, Kil'jaeden.

The map can be completed in about 60-90 minutes, and it is playable by 1 to 10 players.

Heroes used are, in fact, melee heroes, but some of them have their abilities modified or replaced. Level cap is 12, and if you want to increase all of your hero's ablities, you'd need to spend 20 skill points, and that isn't possible, so you'll need to choose carefully which abilities you'll take and improve. This way, two heroes of the same class can be pretty different if you spend skill points on different abilities. There is Tome of Retraining in the map, so you can retrain your hero for a fee.

Every area has at least two bosses. It is up to you to discover who and where they are.
Items are those from Warcraft 3, except for a few of them.

"About the Win Condition"
As long as a faction has an active altar, its heroes will revive at the closest active Altar of Revival. You start the game with only one active Altar of Revival. As you explore the map, you will discover more Altars, and they will also become active. There are three Altars in total for each faction. You cannot revive at a destroyed or inactive Altar of Revival. Every undiscovered Altar of Revival is inactive until discovered. If all Altars of your faction are destroyed, then your hero cannot revive at all. And if all of your faction's heroes are killed, the game is over and the winner is the opposing faction. Lastly, since undiscovered Altars aren't active, it is enough to destroy active ones and kill enemy heroes to win the game. You don't need to destroy inactive Altars.

"About Creeps"
Creeps are respawned regularly, once they are killed. If a hero dies or flees from battle, and there aren't any other heroes, the attacked creep regains its full health and mana. Also, creeps above level 5 are tougher than creeps of level 5 and lower, so abilities and spells cast upon them will last shorter (as if you cast them on a hero).

"Death Penalty"
When your hero dies, he loses 10% of his experience, and you lose 10% of your gold. Your hero will never drop down a level due to experience loss, however. Level 12 heroes are unaffected by the experience loss, but you still lose gold.

"Major Cities"
First of all, city guards and buildings don't respawn! You cannot repair a damaged building. Shops, banks, towers, and the Keep or Black Citadel can be destroyed. If a bank is destroyed, all items from every player which kept his items in the bank drop on the ground. Fountains in a city refresh only friendly heroes.

"Map Commands"
-to roll a die which returns a number between 1 and 100, type (without quotation marks): "/r"
-to split stacked items in your inventory, type (without quotation marks): "/s A B", where A is the position of an item in your inventory (top left is 1, top right is 2, ..., bottom right is 6), and B is the number of items you wish to drop on the ground (the remainder will remain in your inventory)

Some highlights:
-Advanced bank system (used for storing items)
-Stacking items
-Respawn systems
-Interesting quests
-Gold sharing among team members
-Map is fully scalable. That is, as more and more players play, creeps are tougher and tougher
-Experience gain has been adjusted, also, in accordance to the number of players, so that a player doesn't get a miserable amount of XP when playing with 5 players
-There is also a possibility to split stacked items
-Simple and fast gameplay

I wanted to put an emphasis on PvP (developing tactics, timings and such), not so much on PvE. That was the reason I made creeps have pretty low HP. This way it is much faster (and much more interesting) and can be completed in about 60-90 mins.

Take heed. Kil'jaeden isn't to be messed with, and encountering a hero from an opposite faction can be even more deadly. The challenge awaits, and it is up to you whether will you accept it or not.
Be vigilant!

WARNING: There is a nasty bug in the very game, not in the map. If you start the game for the first time, load a melee map, quit the map, and then load this map, gameplay constants get mixed up. "Creeps - Maximum creep camp radius" and "Combat - Call for Help Range, Creeps" get mixed up. Maybe some other constants get mixed up, too. Who knows. But these two render my map unplayable and give it a different behaviour from the one I designed. It is best to play maps after a fresh start of the game Warcraft 3.
The map cannot be opened in World Editor.

Thanks go to everyone at thehelper.net who helped me. Thank you, guys!

MAP CHANGES

Map changes in v1.06
--------------------
-bug where the game would wait forever players to choose their heroes if the last player to choose a hero would leave the game before choosing a hero was fixed
-bug where a player from opposing faction could contribute to quest progress was fixed
-now, when all players from an opposing faction leave game before the game is over, the other faction wins. It doesn't switch to "Kill Kil'jaeden" quest, anymore
-respawn time of dead heroes is now increasingly longer if they die too often
-buildings have slightly less HP now
-when selecting heroes at the begining of the game, you'll get a message about which hero has your team-mate selected

Map changes in v1.05
--------------------
-items mask of death and scepter of healing were removed for balance reasons
-kil'jaeden now has less HP & MP, reduced speed, new, better looking model, and he's got air attack
-price of tomes of str, agi and int has gone up to 200, tome of experience to 250 and manual of health to 100
-buildings have more HP now
-fixed bug with kiljaeden's subsequent respawns. He didn't use any abilities or spells after he respawned. That has been fixed
-rare bug where players wouldn't get xp has been fixed

Map changes in v1.04
--------------------
-accidently deleted 90% of the flowers are re-added to the map

Map changes in v1.03
--------------------
-mini-map now visible when selecting the map to play
-a rare situation fixed: when someone disconnects from the map and was at the bank, the bank queue is now working properly
-a trigger has been improved regarding potential leaks
-player names are now coloured when rolling the die for better recognition
-a typo fixed
-a potential glitch has been made sure not to happen

Map changes in v1.02
--------------------
-Kil'jaeden a bit tougher
-potion of divinity in the UC shop works properly now
-typo in Taurus, the Mystic's quest fixed

Map changes in v1.01
--------------------
-bank works properly now regarding level requirement items

Enjoy,
Regards!

Attachments

• Heroes of Eastern Kingdoms v1.06.w3x
    657.2 KB · Views: 257

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
could you please add some more information? screenshots, the heroes, maybe some other basic stuff. items, dungeons, boss spawns.
you have got to give us some eye candys if you want to have many replies.

meehael

Reaction score
I accidently posted update as a reply, instead of editing the top-most post, and I can't delete this post.

meehael

Reaction score
It would be wonderful if you added an AI in this map. It's actually looking very good. :D

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :D!
You mean like the AI controling a hero? I thought about it, but that would be a lot of work, and I don't think it is necessary to have AI in this kind of map. AI is more stupid than a human, anyway.

I imagined this map to be a blend of an RPG, PvP and skirmish, battle of one team vs another. Or even a battle of one team (can be up to ten players) against the ultimate boss. But the main concept is a battle between two teams, with gathering xp, looting items from bosses, and becoming ever powerful before that last assault on the enemy.

mippy9

Reaction score
hey nice map, i like the respawn trigger any chance u could tell me how u made it? im making a map aswell and its WoW arathi basin.

meehael

Reaction score

I'll publish an unprotected version of the map, as well, but once I receive results from a competition to which I've sent it. I hope you understand. In the mean-time, I'd like to play it some time with some of you guys, to see how it looks like when there are more than two players, and in a battle of Alliance vs Horde. I, personally, don't have a battle.net account, but my friends and I use a nifty little application called Hamachi, which simulates LAN, so we can play without any problems over in-game LAN.

Thanks,
Regards!

meehael

Reaction score
You mean, your internet traffic has been capped? I thought I could send you hamachi.

Anyway, I'll give you a rough description of the respawn triggers I used.
The simplest one I've used was this: I used one region, and when a creep dies, it just respawns at a random point in this region after a set amount of time. But, when there are two or more regions involved for a single type of creep, then it is more complicated. I made two major versions. I the first one, if there are four regions, I assigned to each creep in the first region custom value of 1, in the second custom value 2, and so on. Then, when a creep dies I put its custom value to a list. When the time comes to respawn a creep, it respawns the first one on the list, and according to the number in the list (the custom value), it respawn to a random point in the appropriate region.
Second version was simpler to implement. It uses geometric probability. In this case, if you have four regions, the creep will just respawn to a random point in a random region. The random region is picked based on the size of each of those four regions. So, the largest region has the highest chance that it will be picked for the creep to spawn into.

Regards!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.