Heroes of Newerth

DreamZ

Reaction score
Has anyone played this game here? I have plenty of beta keys, so if anyone I give a shit about wants one I'll toss one their way.

It's basically DotA. Cloned exactly, except with better graphics, and they're working to make better systems as well. There are also new/edited heroes.

So you might say OMG WTF WELL WE HAVE DOTA, but this creates an opportunity for DotA to stop being a mod and become a game of its own, which is great, because all of the constraints that previously stopped DotA from reaching its full potential are lifted. Now it can actually become a game of its own.

Then, you might say OMG WTF LEAGUE OF LEGE--, at which point I shove my fist down your throat. LoL is not DotA at all, it's a separate game with some similar features. That's not what the DotA community wants, anyways; the DotA community wants DotA V2.0, which is essentially what HoN is.

Oh, when this game gets big, DotA will stop flooding the custom games list as much as it does now. Hooray. :thup:

Thoughts on this?

I'd be more than happy if you could give me a beta key <3

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Can someone please send me a beta key.. I want to play the game!! I'm a dota player and want to try this so badly :)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I'd love a beta key. I've grown tired of all bullshit happening with Dota and I would really like to try something new, but still not that new :p

giragesh

Reaction score
beta key

has any one got a spare beta key or an account that they would be willing to share?

i live in new zealand so i would mostly be on early in the morning ( sometime about 4-9 am )compared to america.

it would be greatly appreciated.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I have been playing this game for a while now, and I really got to say that I like it :)

The whole looking like dota thing, that is a bit to overrated, it is better than so :)

They got the concept from dota, most of the heroes, but they are all changed in some way.
Things I like:
The GUI is much better(duh:eek:).
You don't need to be in the camp to shop(Only in the secret shop)
More maps(This could had been done for dota aswell!)
Better graphics.
Nice chat layout.
The new anti leaver system they have put in:)

Things I don't like:
The send to all function is ridiculously hard to find(I have not found it yet at least:eek:)
Many people that plays it are really imature and unsportly.

One thing I want to promote to people and hope that you get what I mean.
It is unpolite to write GG if you win!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>It is unpolite to write GG if you win!

Why would it be impolite to say goodgame whether you win or not.....?

>>You don't need to be in the camp to shop(Only in the secret shop)

Same as DotA.

>>More maps(This could had been done for dota aswell!)

No it couldn't that would split the players up making it much harder to find a game. Not to mention they would have to edit everything (bug fixes) on two maps instead of one and users would have to download two maps instead of one. Way more hassle than it's worth.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
>>It is unpolite to write GG if you win!

Why would it be impolite to say goodgame whether you win or not.....?

It's the same as saying "Haha, you lost." It is a way of rubbing it in!
If anyone around where I live does anything like that when we lan, or in any sport event for that matter, he/she get's kicked out for a while.
We are really strict with what is polite to do around here:p

>>You don't need to be in the camp to shop(Only in the secret shop)

Same as DotA.

Well, I have not played dota for 2 years, so I did not know they had implemented that:eek: My fault there then:eek:

>>More maps(This could had been done for dota aswell!)

No it couldn't that would split the players up making it much harder to find a game. Not to mention they would have to edit everything (bug fixes) on two maps instead of one and users would have to download two maps instead of one. Way more hassle than it's worth.

Well, this last one is just lazyness talking:p
All I see there is a lot of "would", and "would" is a really lazy word in these sentences;)

It would not require that much bugfixes, since warcraft got that copy object data thing, and that copies everything, including the objectID's and if dota has that much JASS as I have heard it should, then I just assume it is using objectID's instead of a bunch of GUI linking;)
Why else would blizzard implement such a function into there WE;)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
If anyone around where I live does anything like that when we lan, or in any sport event for that matter, he/she get's kicked out for a while.
We are really strict with what is polite to do around here

Wtf? I'm not in the US, but I'm pretty sure saying 'gg' is the equivalent of shaking hands with the opposition, etc at the end of a sporting match.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Wtf? I'm not in the US, but I'm pretty sure saying 'gg' is the equivalent of shaking hands with the opposition, etc at the end of a sporting match.

Yeah, it is, but that is not polite unless it is the loser who goes first. There is only one thing worse than a bad loser, and that is a bad winner:eek:

Cornface

Reaction score
We are really strict with what is polite to do around here:p

What the hell? Saying that it was a "Good Game" is unpolite? So if you polite you go something like "Hey gusy, this game suxx!"

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with Sil3nt, saying "gg" is like virtually shaking hands after a game. It doesn't matter who says it first.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I agree with Sil3nt, saying "gg" is like virtually shaking hands after a game. It doesn't matter who says it first.

I think that the example Cornface came with is a bit less polite than the winner saying gg, but I still think that gg is not polite by the winner.
It probably comes with it being a short.
If one where to write "This was a good game."that would look more polite, and even better "You put up a good fight." That is also good.

I think I said it the wrong way first, it looks a bit impolite with a "gg" from the winner. And if someone wins by a landslide victory it is, say 40:2 on the kills, then it is really impolite, since then it was not a good game either way;)

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
gg isn't impolite in any way at all if I dare say so, and this for reasons already stated.

> And if someone wins by a landslide victory it is, say 40:2 on the kills, then it is really impolite, since then it was not a good game either way

Then it can simply be an indication that you thank the opposite team for staying until the end putting up a fight, regardless of the result. Games where people stick around are rare if public.

As for HoN, I find it fairly decent. They're basically claiming to be DotA more or less (with slight changes and a few original heroes), but they're missing some of the key mechanics from DotA itself which bugs me quite a lot.

And another lame thing would be that public games can screw your stats up miserably.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>but they're missing some of the key mechanics from DotA itself which bugs me quite a lot.

Out of curiosity, such as?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
gg isn't impolite in any way at all if I dare say so, and this for reasons already stated.

It's just a matter of oppinion, I have the right to think what I want you know:p

And I am also curious what you mean with the key mechanics:D
Please explain that further:thup:

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, such as?

The most important one I can think of is the forced tower priority check, which HoN is lacking. This one has nearly killed me quite a few times when I've played.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Oh god, I just looked at the heroes, and they're pretty much all from dota... Hell they even have that ultistaff item >_>
Best remake was naming tiny pebbles thou.

Cornface

Reaction score
Bump, just noticed that everyone that got an account got 2 invites. Feel free to inv me, would be really appreciated. :thup:

EDIT: Already got one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.