Heroes of Newerth

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Name: FrozenDK
Clan: oSTI

Hit me up if you'd like to play.

Website

Quick Summary: Take DotA, make it stand-alone. Add stat tracking, and you've got this wonderful game.

Will Not Be Tolerated: DotA Hate/Love, strictly HoN talk.
Favorite Heroes: Flint, Predator

Game Costs FREE!

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i would probably play HoN if it was free (like LoL) but I am almost positive that HoN has a better community but a lot more serious gamers which i might not be up for

Prometheus

Reaction score
There's almost always a bunch of "newb games" going on. People will yell at you for being horrible, but some may give suggestions. Also, you can't be kicked so they just have to cope. There's no-stats games too, so you can learn in those if you don't want it to affect your rating.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I like it better than LoL except it costs money. So no play.
But only the first 15 levels of game are good. At the end, spells become useless and it's DotA all over again, ha.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for Dota 2 to actually pay for a Dota-copy. Till then I'm sticking with free LoL. This does seem pretty decent though, nice graphics though it doesn't seem to be doing too well as far as sales AFAIK.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
i would probably play HoN if it was free (like LoL) but I am almost positive that HoN has a better community but a lot more serious gamers which i might not be up for

I have played both games, and I can tell you that neither game has a good community.
I would say that LoL has the better community, but I haven't played it as much as HoN, so I can't tell for sure.
What I mean by 'bad communities' is: everyone thinks they are better than everyone else (myself included), no one can take criticism and admit they've done something wrong. People flame eachother, some get upset and starts to intentionally ruin the game.
As far as I can tell, HoN is very competitive, and imo the "more difficult" game to master.

I have tired of playing either of these two games, for the moment.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i was thinking of buying HoN for my birthday but i was thinking that it was too competitive for me because i just hated DotA with all of my soul

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'd RaF you if you'd like. You can play no-stats games and see how you like it.

Prometheus

Reaction score
HoN 2.0 has been released. This means big updates, ect.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Indeed it does.
I like where HoN is going. Especially with the goblin shop and coins and whatnot.
(Even though it feels like they're "copying" LoL a bit.)

I haven't checked if the new Match Making system is up and running again yet, but I can't wait to play more of it.
I actually had one of my greatest games in a long while in a MM game. Even though we lost the match.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i think its pretty hard to find a good community for the type of game HoN or LoL is

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The game is just great. It's close to impossible to grow bored of the game, if it wasn't for the horrible community. It's so bad. It's the community that makes the game almost unplayable at sometimes.

Prometheus

Reaction score
In order to get better, play with friends or play stats games and know this may hurt your PSR and KDR, but people won't bail left and right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.