Hey guys.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while. Decided to check in.
Whats up guys? Who here still remembers me :p

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Hmm, didn't expect you to go the illustration route. Thats awesome! I myself have kinda changed more from design to photography.
All I really do now is photo stuff, but a bunch of web design and logo design as well.
As for schools, I applied to the art institute of Chicago and got some money from them for my photo portfolio! Tbh, I'd rather go to purdue in indiana but they cost 12 shittons of money, so thats not really an option.
Thought of this place in a fit of nostalgia and decided to come back and see whats up.

So what's everyone been up to?

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
That's awesome! Yeah I've really been into concept art lately and have been working big time on traditional mediums to get into college. As long as they offer a BFA any art school should be pretty much fine. What companies look for is the BFA over just the BA if you can get it (At least that's how it is for illustration and graphic design. Photo might not have a BFA option).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You back! But you probably didn't know me well enough before, :)
So I won't say anything about me, ha.

What darthfett said.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hey w/e, long time no see. :p

Sadly, the graphics zone isn't as popular as it was before. :( (or at least it doesn't seem to be) I got back into wc3 modding, but I haven't done anything graphic-related in a long time. :\

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Yeah. the Gfx zone is basically dead here. :p.
I miss the Sig Contests...

I havent touched PS in like 2 months, myself...
Though I'm thinking of doing sigs again and even starting a Gfx Team on a site I've been going to.
(but first I need a name, lol)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> want to revive this then start posting

Someone should really host some competition in the Graphics Zone. (Something besides signature contest I hope).

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Something creative that doesn't require artistic contestant would be fine as well.
Like my feeble attempt popularise the Graphic Zone by hosting Guess Who? and Panda Who?.
Then again, it didn't turned out that well.

Maybe something else this time? Anyone?

> post your stuff
Haven't I been posting? o_O

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well been busy, but maybe in a few months, after school.

But yeah, just general art-related things like vypur's guessing would be cool.
What about a TH showcase? People can submit their works of any date for display, like an art gallery. Maybe an annual thing, since there will probably be more art each year by the artists. I know that's just like looking at the gallery section, or looking at threads here, but a showcase would be more like a single event, mostly showing your "best" work (though people shouldn't be afraid to post anything, :)).

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Haha, glad to see a ton of familiar faces here (so to speak). I've been drowning in college stuff, so I've had no time for anything at all. But college stuff is almost over, and now free time isn't all that hard to come by.

As for new stuff, http://www.flickr.com/photos/spymercinator

The graphics zone never was all too active. I remember we had narwain (who was awesome) at some point, but he seems to have left us :(
I think the problem is is that TH is primarily a wc3/sc2/blizzard/tech support site, and all the members of the GZ are just people who happen to have graphics interests.
Maybe we can drag some newbies into graphics somehow? :p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
In my school, too, graphic design interest seems to be lowering. Our current leaving senior class is the majority of our school's graphic designers. Other classes seem to be focusing on photography, which is all nice and jolly as well.

Anyway, your stuff is great as always. :) I remember looking at your portfolio back in the... whenever that was. Ha, the wasp shot, definitely unnerving.

Yes, I think dragging people in seems nice.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I'm seeing that happen at my school too. Everyone's going into photography. :/

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Photography makes no money :p It's too saturated already.

Plus it's not a job where a degree helps

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I like photography but it's getting too easy(er) these days. So a lotta' people try it out.

And most art doesn't make money, :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.