Hey its back on!

A

AMPowers

Hey guys... Systems been down for what? Like two months? lol, anyway I want 2 find the program that can let you like overlap things. Like a pylon in a line, and put other stuff over it... Also, i need a Strom.Dll to run an Emerald editor, what the heck is that? Thanks,
AMPowers

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
Storm.dll is a file that is copied into your Starcraft directory when you installed it. Copy the Storm.dll into the folder where the Emerald Editor's .exe is.

A

AMPowers

Ok, I copied it, but now when I click on it it wont work... it wont do anything.. OH yeah, theres a StarEdit program that allows u 2 over lap things like have 25 different min. patches all in one line their like sqwished... Ive seen this twice, once with min. patches and one with pylons... Someone told me its like a Hox edit or somethin.. Where can I get this editor?

Ilendil

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a Hox Editor and those people who said that exists must be some idiots at editing.

Click on the .exe then.

If that doesn't work, is there an error message?

H

HELLSS

*rises from his slumber here*

http://www.customc.net/ep2k1/download.shtml

Get rid of the emerald you have and download the one there... it's easily one of the best ones out. you'll never get a storm.dll error and it has various "modes" you can put the editor in. Very user friendly interface as well.

I feel so bad neglecting this place :( But I check up on it once a week, and see that Ilendil, a fellow Washingtonian hehe... is taking good care of the place :cool: . If time permits I may begin frequenting here again. My website is soon to be re-opening with a "familiar" looking layout (keep in mind my sites about StarEdit hehe ;) ). When it relaunches i'll post here about it... and hopefully post here again.

A

AMPowers

Hellss, Do you know anything like about overlapping stuff? Ive played a map which had all of these min. patches all together.. Also ive seen it done with Pylons.. I dont get how they overlap it.. its kind of weird

H

HELLSS

blek

I don't know about overlapping RIGHT on eachother... but the emerald I pointed ya to overlaps pylons to an extent.... about 1/4th over one another. Other than that i've never seen anything overlapping closer than that.

A

AMPowers

If I have a bunker thats invincible and its burning it dies. Is there anyway to stop this? I want the flame to last, so I want it invincible.

Ilendil

Reaction score
The lowest you can get a building to burning without going down is 35% I think.

A

AMPowers

Ok.. Im making like a survive map. I want to create units and then give them a timer. When the timer ends I want the next level to start. How do I do this?

Ilendil

Reaction score
There's a trigger to set a timer.

CONDITION
- Player 1 brings 1 'Starter' to 'Start Beacon'
ACTION
- Create 5 Marines for 'Player 1' at 'Spawn'
- Set 'Round 1'

CONDITION
- 'Round 1' is set
ACTION
- Set timer to 300 seconds

CONDITION
- Timer reaches 0 seconds
- 'Round 1' is set
ACTION
- Clear 'Round 1'
- Set 'Round 2'

A

AMPowers

Now I want them to attack the players.. Is there anyway to do this?

Ilendil

Reaction score
CONDITION
- Always
ACTION
- Set 'enemy' to 'Survivors'

That trigger is needed to ensure computer is unallied to Player.... but I don't think it's needed.

CONDITION
- Always
ACTION
- Order all men at 'Spawn' attack 'Start Beacon'

That should do it.

C

CmdrTydaeus

That would be: set 'survivors' to 'enemy', and yes, it's unnecessary (unless you previously have the computer set to allied, rescuable, or neutral).

The 'attack to' command is the most popular method for survival maps, but I don't like it very much, because the computer is rather stupid when given that command - until it reaches the center of the designated location, it will not attack anything that doesn't attack it. Thus, if the players can move out of sight of the attack destination, and leave the monsters alone, the monsters won't attack the players.

Alternatives: Use the 'patrol to' command, and then, once the monsters are in the destination, tell them to 'patrol to' that destination again. Patrolling monsters will attack anything hostile that enters their site, and thus are more aggressive and less specific than attacking monsters.
Also, you could try placing map revealers on the player base. If computer units (w/o AI) can see a vulnerable (not invincible) enemy unit within a reasonable distance, they will attack to it on their own.

A

AMPowers

Im sure u guys have played Laser Fences before right? Well, I want to know how to do that little observer thing where they explode.. and does it have to be observers or can it be another unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.