Demo Map Hidden Script

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that this allows people to inject code into your map without modifying the content hash used to identify it.

That I can change the call to do non-desyncing actions:
- sync values into game cache
- show menus to players
- create lightning/text effects (maybe over enemy units?)
etc...

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
It means I could modify the map, send it to you, and you could join a game hosting the original map (with wc3 using my version instead) without any problems or hacks.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Collided map. =P Some people put some sync attack code and uses Collider to make a collided map. DotA is the famous map and uses gamecache. So, it is the first target to those collided map makers. The amount of damage is then inject into gamecache and use sync attack(Prevent desync), so the spell's damage is able to kill a hero instantly, imba. But, after patch 1.23, the problem is fixed. War3 is able to detect collided maps.

WaterElement

Reaction score
I know this is quite an old thread, but not too old...

This could be used for some kind of store-data-in-a-separate file system, correct?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Which is why I'd love to study if return nothing worked between Preloader scripts.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Which is why I'd love to study if return nothing worked between Preloader scripts.
"Preloader" returns 1 on success or something internally it seems - the point is, when Preloader finishes, it seems to set the last returned value. Hope that answers that question (I tried it :().

>This could be used for some kind of store-data-in-a-separate file system, correct?
Kinda. Depends what you mean by "file". It can be used to populate gamecahe which can be accessed from within the map. :thup:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, can you get a returned value in the Preloader script itself?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a question about this.

Could I store a string in here?

Sickle

Reaction score
In what? The text file? No.

Well, you can certainly store a string in the imported text file but you cannot change it. Or access it, for that matter.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
You could access through gamecache?

Kind of pointless, though.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Wait, what?

Are we talking about storing a string inside an imported file, which you then recover using game cache?

Or are we talking about saving a string during the game to an external file?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.