Hide a doodad until its needed in a cinematic?

Entaiden

Reaction score
I've made a cinematic, and theres a portal there which i only want to be visible until it's played the birth animation,

using Animation - Play the birth animation for all doodads of type shimmering portal within region 002 <gen>, I have to put the portal there and it's making the existing portal play the animation.

having no portal, playing birth animation on que, then staying up is my goal.

any thoughts?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Could you rephrase the problem?
I'm not sure If I understand what you are saying, but I think you want to play play the birth animation for a portal in a region, which also contains another portal, and this is making them both play the animation - which is not what you want?

Entaiden

Reaction score
I want a portal to appear, play birth then stay open.

But i dont know how to do that, i only know how to make an existing portal play birth, which looks like a portal exists and reopens itself

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Oh so you mean you are only able to use a preexisting portal, which is making it appear as Open Portal -> Portal Birth -> Open Portal? And you want to avoid the initial open portal animation?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Alright well after playing around with the portal in the editor for a few minutes, I believe playing the portals death animation will make it so that the portal appears to actually vanish/be destroyed.
So the thing you could do is place a portal in the region where you want it to be, make a trigger that executes at 0.00 s of game time, then simply use that action you have already been using to manipulate the doodad's animation, make it's death animation play.
Then whenever you need to make the portal re-appear (or should I say appear for the first time :p), just use that same action to play the birth animation.
Should do the trick.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Just for future reference, if you want to hide a doodad, you can use that same function:

"Animation - Play the <animation> for all doodads of type <type> within <region>"

And input "hide" for the animation. "Show" will show it again. So if you wanted to avoid the death-trick, you could initially play the "hide" animation on initialization. Then when you want it to appear, you can just play "Show" and then play "Birth".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.