Higurashi no Naku Koroni (Japanese)
Hinamizawa, le village maudit (French)
The Moment the Cicadas Cry
When Cicadas Cry
ひぐらしのなく頃に (Japanese)
쓰르라미 울 적에 (Korean)
Genres: drama, horror, mystery, psychological
Themes: harem, moe, twins
Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)
Plot Summary: On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

Opening:
[youtube] <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hHKmiRwyBU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hHKmiRwyBU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Ending:
[youtube] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5lUhHGudEw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5lUhHGudEw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
> Higurashi no Naku Koroni (Japanese)

Minor typo.

This truly is an awesome anime, though I (unlike the majority of people according to MAL) like the first season more than the second. Shimamiya Eiko's openings to Higurashi are beyond awesome.

I'm quite amazed if there hasn't already been a thread about Higurashi, seeing as it truly is great.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, this is a nice anime.

Thanks for sharing mate!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Revenge of the... KILLER LOLIS!

This was creepy as hell though... I'm not quite sure I understand what they were doing every 3 or 4 episodes or so; it's almost as if they started the story over with a different chain of events... I've only seen half of the episodes, though, so maybe it makes sense in the end.

Rena is cute though :3

Reaction score
I did it wrong. I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, it didn't make any sense at all and I rated it low. Then I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and everything made perfect sense and I increased it's prequel's score by few points.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei is getting same score of 8, no matter how badly the last episode sucks (I doubt it does). You really can't rate the seasons separately. Just watch them all and rate the whole series :).

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, it didn't make any sense at all and I rated it low.

Haha :p

With enough insight and some thinking you can probably figure out what's happening in the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni series before the Kai.

Anyways...

> I've only seen half of the episodes, though, so maybe it makes sense in the end.

Some could say it makes "sense"... Depends on the point of view. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.