Hopefully possible... help?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Yeah title's a bit confusing, but the truth is, i have no idea how to title this. I've seen it already in an ORPG i once played, and it's some sort of bars you can see that feel in with blue, the map i found this at is at
Warcraft III > Maps > The Frozen Throne > Scenario > BomberCommand.w3x
But I also added a picture... :p
I looked at the triggers, but there are so many, and some are in JASS, so i pretty much have no idea.
So can anyone tell me how do you do this?

Attachments

• Unknown Bars.jpg
    Unknown Bars.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 176

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I don't know what do you want exactly (I know that you need those bars, but I don't know what do you want to do with them), but there's a cool casting bar.
I don't have its link, but I'll upload it for you. Also, I'm sorry, but it's vJASS... (my friend sent me a map which contained it)

TomTTT

Reaction score
I don't know what do you want exactly (I know that you need those bars, but I don't know what do you want to do with them), but there's a cool casting bar.
I don't have its link, but I'll upload it for you. Also, I'm sorry, but it's vJASS... (my friend sent me a map which contained it)

Yeah it's exactly what i need, but the problem is i pretty much need it in GUI, even just to figure out WHAT are they. Floating text? How do you set it to such a figure? how do you change it? even just the concept of it...

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Maybe floating text... and just a bar of llllllllllllllll that is coloured. For example half would be |cff0000fflllll|rlllll it would become something like
llllllllll

And you can change it by triggers. Let's say building time is 10, so you set something like unit begins construction, unit type of constructing unit is your building, then add unit to unit group.

Every 1 second

set buildingtime = buildingtime + 1

set stringvar = |cffffffff

for loop integer A from 1 to buildingtime
set stringvar = stringvar + l

set stringvar = stringvar + |r

set buildingtimeleft = 10 - buildingtime

for loop integer from 1 to buildingtimeleft
set stringvar = stringvar + l

Change floating text to string var.

Just a rough idea :p

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
test the map, and take a look at it's code. They're floating texts, and the used character is " ' " (apostrophe). I don't know why, but if you check the test map: just like a real casting bar.

TomTTT

Reaction score
test the map, and take a look at it's code. They're floating texts, and the used character is " ' " (apostrophe). I don't know why, but if you check the test map: just like a real casting bar.

Lol i replied after testing. I noticed it, and it's very nice, but how did he color that apostrophe?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
JASS:
constant string CastingBar__Colorcode="|cff33ccff"
constant string CastingBar__ColorcodeCh="|cff00ff00"
constant string CastingBar__ColorcodeBG="|cff000033"
constant string CastingBar__ColorcodeBGCh="|cff003300"

JASS:
if Channeled==false then
call SetTextTagText(FloatingText,CastingBar__Colorcode+CastingBar__CommaMultiplier(CastingBar__NumberOfBarBits)+"|r",(CastingBar__CastingBarSize*0.023/10))
else
call SetTextTagText(FloatingText,CastingBar__ColorcodeCh+CastingBar__CommaMultiplier(CastingBar__NumberOfBarBits)+"|r",(CastingBar__CastingBarSize*0.023/10))
endif

Starts the "text" (an apostrophe-link) with the colorcode, adds a lot of apostrophe, and finishes it with "|r". That's how it works.
(Maybe I'll create a new OO Casting Bar system using J4L's Timer32... that would be better and more efficient in my opinion.. and I need more options + ARGB compatiblity for the best efficiency)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.