Horrible censorship...

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Don't forget attack and the letter f. The list could go on and on...

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh. :D

This most likely (and by 'most likely' i mean 99%) will be fixed before release. Atleast I hope so! This is beyond rediculous.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I was unable to name my account "sireto" or "siretu". I don't know why that would be prohibited though. "Smack" is also ridiculous.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
that sucks.. i like to use swear words in stories in maps... the characters in them are adults.. not children... a marine isnt a teen... i should be allowed to Oh shit!! the Zerg!!!

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can't even log in using the editor. o.o

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
If they're going to censor, they should at least give us the option to turn it on and off, instead of making us...

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If they're going to censor, they should at least give us the option to turn it on and off, instead of making us...

wheres the point in censorship then? there are topics id rather not see in maps... like racism
cuz lets face it, there are some sick minds in this world :banghead:

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is Starcraft II going for a T rating? If not, this isn't really necessary for then to do.

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
> there are topics id rather not see in maps... like racism
Yeah, I'd hate to see a game where you play as a character in a racistic place and your goal is to stop the racism and bring equality in to the society. Such a map would be unbelievably unethical. Oh, and I'd also hate to see maps with such topics as killing - such an action is simply not acceptable! No one should be allowed to play games with such offensive, monstrous topics in them!

Or how about making the filtering optional to the players, so if they have it on they won't see such maps, and the people less afraid of being offended by maps having the word "Smack" or the phrase "Racism is bad" in them will still be able to play them?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
You CAN turn it off. Check in your options. :p

I wish they would improve it for the people that use it, but since its entirely optional, it doesn't bother me.

@Siretu: I think blizzard doesn't allow "Sir" in their names, or any other title. I don't know why, but I presume they don't want you to proclaim yourself as having a certain title like "King" "Lieutenant" or anything else like that.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
You CAN turn it off. Check in your options. :p

I wish they would improve it for the people that use it, but since its entirely optional, it doesn't bother me.

@Siretu: I think blizzard doesn't allow "Sir" in their names, or any other title. I don't know why, but I presume they don't want you to proclaim yourself as having a certain title like "King" "Lieutenant" or anything else like that.

As I can tell, this thread is discussing censorship on map submitting, not the in-game censorship.

Back on the topic, it's pretty funny how they censor words, but they have models like this in the game:

Untitled.png

:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.