Hosting Protected Maps

ProjectVenus

Reaction score
I'm having problems with playing maps that are protected >.>
I honestly have no idea why I am encountering this problem. I know they are protected due to the generic error message that windows shows me when I try to open the map(s) in the editor. I have cut and pasted the maps into my downloads folder without any luck. I cannot play protected maps. Has anyone had this problem before? P.S. I am using ROC.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm having problems with playing maps that are protected >.>
I honestly have no idea why I am encountering this problem. I know they are protected due to the generic error message that windows shows me when I try to open the map(s) in the editor. I have cut and pasted the maps into my downloads folder without any luck. I cannot play protected maps. Has anyone had this problem before? P.S. I am using ROC.

Could be that those who protected it did something bad, as using a protector incorrectly can destroy your map.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
when I try to open the map(s) in the editor.
protecting YOUR own map without a backup? (you protected the original?)
bad move dude. you should protect a COPY and upload that. not the actual map you're working on.

as using a protector incorrectly can destroy your map.
Vex's Optimizer is old.. ticking some of the settings can make it unplayable in the latest patches.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
protecting YOUR own map without a backup? (you protected the original?)
bad move dude. you should protect a COPY and upload that. not the actual map you're working on.

This isn't the issue at all. He is saying that he can't play protected maps, while acknowledging that he cannot open them in world editor.

ProjectVenus

Reaction score
This isn't the issue at all. He is saying that he can't play protected maps, while acknowledging that he cannot open them in world editor.
You are completely correct sir. The protected maps are NOT mine, I am just wanting to host and play them on Bnet, however I cannot. I can't play them at all. When I navigate to the Maps folder(where i put the protected maps), Warcraft doesn't even see them.

Could be that those who protected it did something bad, as using a protector incorrectly can destroy your map.
I hope not. If so, then this is the case for every single protected map I have downloaded.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I hope not. If so, then this is the case for every single protected map I have downloaded.

To be exact, what maps have you downloaded cannot be played? It could just be 1.24b issues with game cache/return bug and whatnot.

ProjectVenus

Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.