Hosting Showcase: Steadfast Networks

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
http://steadfast.net/

Steadfast is a somewhat less well-known host from my experience. They are not constantly mentioned by people in the industry, however, they are there and keep on providing a good service. Steadfast is a dedicated and cloud provider with space in two datacenters - one in New York and one in Chicago. They operate a very reliable network and have quality hardware despite being somewhat above the competitive price point for most dedicated providers. Some of Steadfast's cheapest dedicated servers run around $100 for an Intel Atom CPU, which isn't anything to cheer about, but you can often find promotions that help get you a bit of a better deal.
Steadfast's cloud is a relatively new entity that has appeared on the scene in the list of their hosting options. They allow for custom virtual server configurations in terms of CPU, RAM, and disk space, which provides somewhat more flexibility than the static plan setups of places like Linode and 6sync. Personally, I am inherently less trusting of cloud setups because my personal experience with Softlayer and Gigenet's cloud setups has been less than stellar, and this seems to be due to the one thing that, in my opinion, makes the "cloud" a real cloud - the SAN, or the large storage array where all the data is kept. This setup is newer than the standard local storage with RAID 10 or similar, and I think many of the providers have yet to work out all the bugs that come along with this kind of setup. This does not yet seem to be the case with Steadfast's cloud setup, but I do not have personal experience so I can't say for sure.
Earlier this year, Steadfast experienced a major network outage in their datacenter that resulted in many hours of downtime, angry customers, and some lost business. Their response to this event shows something about their integrity as a company and their commitment to customer satisfaction. You can read about the entire event here in this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=980579

The Quick and Dirty:

PROS:
- Good support
- Solid network
- Quality hardware

CONS:
- Expensive
- Unknown reliability in the cloud

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.