How Can I Block a Save...?

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Is it possible to BLOCK a save...?
I've heard of bots being able to do it, but does anyone know how?
Also, any suggestions has to how (if possible) one may accomplish this using script? ...

I am having a very difficult time locating this information if it exists...(lol)
:D

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
And the best part is that it doesn't, and as far as I know, cannot work. Blah.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Yeah...there were about 3 threads with this purpose...(sort of)

Azlier helped me out in another thread...and I got it to the point when it would kick the player who saved (assuming the player was not Player 0)..but the game saves anyways....

It doesn't actually PREVENT the save...zzz

Is it possible that the save utilizes some aspect of the game/memory/processing that can be blocked? I don't really know what to expect from this....:confused:

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The simpliest solution is to turn off the trigger, eg. the save trigger to prevent it.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The simpliest solution is to turn off the trigger, eg. the save trigger to prevent it.

...What? Saving is an inbuilt feature within Warcraft 3. All I can see to stop saving is to try bytecode hax and try to displace memory within the map to corrupt the map file. It might crash if they attempt to save, or etc.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
...What? Saving is an inbuilt feature within Warcraft 3. All I can see to stop saving is to try bytecode hax and try to displace memory within the map to corrupt the map file. It might crash if they attempt to save, or etc.

Is there any safe of way of haxing? :D

To Crusher, what saving trigger are you referring to? :confused: F10 + save game + type save file name + save = saved game...

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
If we can actually know when a player pauses then pausing the game for the saving player and instantly unpause couldn't prevent from save?

Also, if you want to crash the player that saves use [lJASS]call ExecuteFunc("0") //Thanks to J4L[/lJASS] under GetLocalPlayer().

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
If we can actually know when a player pauses then pausing the game for the saving player and instantly unpause couldn't prevent from save?

Also, if you want to crash the player that saves use [lJASS]call ExecuteFunc("0") //Thanks to J4L[/lJASS] under GetLocalPlayer().

Yes but any method of recognizing the saving player (thus far) has been after the save...

I WISH BLIZZARD HAD A NATIVE FOR IT!!!
But I guess they would never put that in...would they...?

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Meh...its not really as good as you're making it sound...
I just noticed a pattern is Azlier's code...it gives host's name first, then name of saver, then names of others (because thats the order in which the game saves)...So I just ask it to give the first name, then for that person you can run your code to exit his/her warcraft...

I'd have to go find the code--can't remember where I put it, but it's basically Azlier's code...with those few conditions...

And I skip over host...for that reason. Host is always first. So I assume that the host didn't save lol...

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Thinking outside of the WorldEdit box, GHost++ can detect and displays the saving player. You could probably get an open source hosting program and tweak it to disconnect saving players.

Aside from that... I've ventured into this area, couldn't find anything to disable saving game or detect players doing it, in World Edit... The only thing I could think of is to break saving... Not sure if that's even possible or how it would be done exactly... I've tried to break save in various ways using [ljass]call SaveGame()[/ljass], even trying to block/break save game with it as well, but that didn't work.

eXirrah

Reaction score
Like I said (in previous posts)... don't try to find out how to prevent saving but
try to make the save worthless. Like in SWAT for example if you save the game
you don't get rank code at the end.
I can think of similar way to make the saving player regret it like:
for escapes just send the players units at the beginning,
fot tds destroy all towers take away money from players and start wave 1.
for RPGs - no code.
and for any other map types just think of something.

I believe this kind of punishment will teach the players to not save the game.
Ofc warn them at the beginning of the game or something or if you wanna be
nasty make it a surprice :)

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I'm making an escape. 9 times out of 10, there is some imbecile who will save just to screw someone over.

I do not think sending the players back to the beginning of the level in an escape is a good idea. After all, getting to the end of the level can be tough enough (in my maze it is =D).

And also, I do not like the idea of people saving in my maze and rehosting the save file to get further and further. It should be a one-time shot, then, again, from the beginning.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, I am most certain that I can corrupt a save file. Blocking a save, however, I can't do that.

A quest with an obscene amount of text corrupts save files. I think.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Or just use the 8191 index of a global array variable (in order to corrupt a save)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I don't think that corrupts a save, I think that loading the save just erases that index... right?

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
I don't think that corrupts a save, I think that loading the save just erases that index... right?
Wrong, try it ?
war3 crash on loading.

In fact that's why vJass never use the index 8191 of an array variable

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I say. Blizzard has failed again?

Well, who to blame besides them? Jesus4Lyf?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.