How can I obtain the amount of damage made by a skill?

SutinG

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to obtain the amount of damage that a unit recieves by a skill (like Storm bolt)? How can I do it?
Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using GUI.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Search for "Damage detection system" like weeps GDD for example. There should be numerous turtorials about this topic.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
If you dont know the amount and want pure detection, use a GDD like Weep's as mentioned above.
However if you do, eg Storm Bolt does 100/140/180 damage.
Then you could do a simple arithmetic equation like (40x Level of the Ability)+60; for example.

But GDD is always a simpler option, note that you cant detect what the ability being cast with Weep's GDD unless you do some sort of triggering with Buff's being placed.

Smitty

Reaction score
But he wants to know the actual damage dealt. Knowing base damage means you have to factor in all kinds of other things, damage type, resistance etc. Much easier just to use GDD.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Yes, but you cant tell the difference from specific casts using only Weep's GDD.

Depends why he needs to know.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> damage that a unit recieves by a skill
On a related note, the damage detection event does not separate ability and physical attack damage. There is no condition to separate between the two.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
^
That's exactly my point. It's not always convenient. Buff placing abilities generally help with detection though.
It really depends on the specific case, we need to know what type of ability and why it needs to be recorded.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It would probably be easiest to have a trigger add an event to a 2nd trigger of "unit takes damage", activate the 2nd trigger, deal the damage, then turn off the 2nd trigger, and then get the damage dealt like that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.