How can I remove events from a trigger?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Hi Every1,

After adding the event (Trigger Unit does X ) to a trigger, can I remove that event somehow after the trigger fires?
Like Trigger - Remove event (Trigger Unit does X ).

Thanks

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I have asked this question before.
The answer was a resounding NO :(

Suffice it to say, the only way I know this is possible is destroying the trigger and then creating it (or another one) again...
Pretty easy to do in JASS...I'm not quite sure what GUI offers in terms of adding actions and conditions to triggers--but it is probably there. You'd just have to re-add the conds/actions you want to the newly created trigger.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Jass not a problem.

I saw that there was TriggerClearConditions/Actions and I tried to adapt that to my needs but it was going to fail on the MUI side of things.
and setting the trigger variable == null wont destroy the trigger I don't think that would work.

More Info:
More than one unit could have access to this spell.
Using the spell turns on the effects (various XYZ effects)
can be turned off at any stage before timer runs out
while active the unit cannot cast any other spells
So when cast I want to add (TriggerUnit casts a spell) which then IssuesImmediateOrder to stop
But once the spell is off of course I want to allow the unit to cast again.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
You can create a global unit group, that never gets destroyed. Use a generic "Unit casts a spell" event, and check whether the casting unit is in the group or not. If it is, then order it to stop.

You can add/remove units to/from the group any time you want.

johnnymra

Reaction score
As far as i know... what you want is not possible in GUI... but i came up with some other choices... just in case you want to consider other options.

In case your trigger has multiple events... and therefore you want it to remove one of the events after it fires... you can do 2 triggers with identical actions but different events... and when one of them fires it turns the other one off.
If you need only to make a trigger unable to fire any longer... you turn it off after firing.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
@Luorax: now there's an idea! that should work. thanks :)

@johnnymra: I can't turn it off because there might be another unit with the spell active so it would need to continue stopping that unit from casting other spells

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could have a variable that has an index based on whatever unit indexing system you are using that is a boolean variable, then just add the condition... x[index] = true

that way u can just turn those actions on and off with a condition

any action can be negated by a condition... but be careful not to add the same event multiple times, this can be devastating to a map. "Iv never done that before..."

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
lol either would work, its just basically a true/false variable... just depends on how many units would be in the unit group

You better don't write anything regarding my post if you did not read it before the edit. Before the edit it was "the casting unit is the group", which sounds weird. That's why the word "in" is capital.

Actually the group is a very efficient and easy solution to get this work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.