UK News How could the man who 'raped' me be cleared because he was sleepwalking?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
A rape victim has hit out at the law after the man accused of attacking her was cleared because he was sleepwalking.

Jane McKenna, 33, was asleep at home when a friend's husband, who had been a guest at a barbecue, walked into the bedroom and started having sex with her.

Jason Jeal, a 37-year-old roofer with no medical history of sleepwalking, admitted sex had taken place. But he was cleared of rape after he insisted he had been asleep and had no idea what he was doing.

Go here to learn more about the disturbing case.

That's not good. The man should be jailed! :mad:

It's not his fault if he was actually sleepwalking, he had no control over his actions.

But, if she was getting raped, didn't she even try to resist? I'm pretty sure one punch to the face would of waken him up..

Umm.. I'm starting to doubt this crap. If you're under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you are still responsible for everything you do. It's obvious he wasn't sleepwalking anyway, but if he was it is still his fault.

Umm.. I'm starting to doubt this crap. If you're under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you are still responsible for everything you do.
You are responsible for everything you do when you are intoxicated because you have a conscious decision to actively practice drinking and doing drugs.

You do not, however, have a choice in sleeping.

It's obvious he wasn't sleepwalking anyway, but if he was it is still his fault.

It's obvious? how so? a jury of 12 individuals like you and i came to the opposite conclusion. You assume it is black and white because the information presented to you is bias towards the victim.

Im not saying this guy is innocent, just suggesting that it is a possibility that he is telling the truth.

This is simply wrong. I mean... the guy might have the real sleepwalking thing, but he knows it... He might fake it.
I think he shouldn't have been cleared of charges... :thdown:

The only way to solve this is to see what the stakes are for both sides. Basically, the man's life is at stake. He would go to jail for a long long time and be listed as a sex offender. The woman's psychological health is at stake. Also, she wants justice. The man's life is more valuable. Basically, this case questioned the jury's values. I would have voted to let him go.

The only way to solve this is to see what the stakes are for both sides. Basically, the man's life is at stake. He would go to jail for a long long time and be listed as a sex offender. The woman's psychological health is at stake. Also, she wants justice. The man's life is more valuable.

That's not how the justice system works. Do we let off murderers because of the life they have to lose?

Well, when someone murders someone else, that means they took someone elses life away as well. So due to some 'morals' us human like to have, we decide to bring 'justice' and take the murderer's life away too. But in the rape scenario, no one else's life was taken.

SOOOO if you want 'justice' as in 'eye for an eye', then put him in a room with someone else that has sleep sex.

SOOOO if you want 'justice' as in 'eye for an eye', then put him in a room with someone else that has sleep sex.

do_it_faggot_2.jpg

Hmmm, I dont know about this sleepwalking stuff. It sounds fake and all, but still. What rapist is stupid enough to rape a wife, in her own house, with her husband next to her. Thats so stupid he almost HAD to be sleepwalking:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.