How do I get my map recognized (On Battle.Net)?

Dark_Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm working on a rather new map and I was wondering how I can get my map recognized and hosted (by someone other than me) on Battle.net.

Any ideas?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Make it good, catchy, fast to download, easy to play.. and host it lots (even if its only DL only makes were you go afk.).

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i guess that you need to create it 20 times, and if it's good enough other people might start creating it aswell.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I've worked on a pretty famous map. The best way to have it famous it to make it where it will never get old or boring. And make sure the map is as balanced as it can get too.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
id say post the maps on different sites, like here, hive, etc.
you could also advertise and ask your friends to host it and pass it along too.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Usually I never host dl only games, because I never join them myself. Unless it's a game I've played before, and I want to play the newest version, I'm not going to join, download, host, and wait for more people to download. I'm going to host a game I already like, or join a game I like.

I prefer to host the map lots of times, and pretend like I'm not the creator. That way people don't see the game as me "testing it" or just playing it because I created it, they see the map for what it is. That way, if the map is good, they will definitely want to play it again, and I can keep hosting it, and keep getting more downloads, as well as fans of the game.

Once you get a few people hosting it regularly, it catches on like wildfire, at least for a while. :)

Just a thing to remember though, if you didn't put very much effort into making your map look nice, easy for new people to understand, and fun, no one will play it. It doesn't matter what kind of systems, or imports you have in your map, if players can't "pick it up" right when they join the game.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
join a game of a similar genre to your own. Be friendly, play well and mention to the host that you have made a game similar and ask him to host it. Sometimes they will, and if they like it you will find them hosting it more often.

Another thing to look for is people in clans, you can find them ingame or in the chatrooms. Let them know you have a custom game you would like them to host as sometimes they are just eager to be the first to try a new thing.

It's good to do things this way because if people don't like your map, you are actually there at the time with them so you get the chance to ask them what they think could improve it. It's far better then just hosting it for d/l with an autorefresher.... people could just download it, play it once by themselves, decide they don't like it for whatever reason and then just discard it like old news.

killbuzz

Reaction score
Get autorefresher and host it 24/7 :)

I hate people who get an auto refresher and thinks it just the best thing in the world to put a stupid game (or anything really) up and leave it there for a week. :thdown:

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Advertise your map on every forum on the whole wide internet, spam all of the IRC's giving links to your map. Spam all of the chat room on wc3 with your map and then when everyone knows of this legendary map, host it! << Sarcasm

Even if you host it the first time, if someone will like it, he will host it again. And then it will be an unending cycle.

Batman

Reaction score
Well you shouldn't make a forum straight away but I guess a source of where to download the map (like how dota uses getdota.com) would help make the map "trustworthy" if you know what I mean..

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.