How do i make an illusion of many things instead of one moving.

Bogomil16

Reaction score
I'm making a projectile system where marines shoot bullets and the bullets are actualy units so the marines can hide behind cover and stuff.The problem is,for it to look good the marines need a low cooldown and that creates many bullets,so it lags a lot.How can i make it look like one bullet is a couple of bullets or some way to speed up the thing.I unleaked it and everything,but in the end the game just cant handle so many untis spawned at once.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
mmm

You mean you can't make a unit shoot units basically because with too many marines shooting you get mass spawn of units?

Why don't you try making an ability for the marines to summon units and twitch it a little with some spell like Firebolt. That way the marines throws a grenade and the grenade deals damage and you can use triggers to make some units there.

If you don't like my suggestion, then I would recommend you to make a trigger that every (example 6) seconds the marine attacks, it spawns a unit and then make a new trigger that kills all units created by the marine every (example 12) seconds.

Hope I spawned some idea :D

asipo

Reaction score
Uh oh never thought about making a real projectile system.

As for me, to create an enviroment like cover is make the evasion ability to change its % depend on what type of cover does the unit use.

Bogomil16

Reaction score
Uh oh never thought about making a real projectile system.

As for me, to create an enviroment like cover is make the evasion ability to change its % depend on what type of cover does the unit use.

Yeah,but with this method even if two units are behind the same cover and they shoot eachother they still have evasion...

wc3ed

Reaction score
you can make a unit group where you put the units in cover into, so you give them % of dodge when they're into that unitgroup. the moment there are entering hostile units in a region where the units in cover doesn't supose to have cover, then remove the units from the unitgroup and stops the dodge% benefit. it's an idea, mebay you can do something with it :D

i have no idea how to deal with your other problem srry..

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Why do you need to create units for the bullets. That will lag no matter what you do. Stick to missile art

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
Try limiting the number of marines each player can control, or better yet, use jass for the system.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
id suggest using an existing system. The good ones are most likely a lot better than anything that you can fabricate, and is would make things a lot easier for you.

Bogomil16

Reaction score
There can be no better system

id suggest using an existing system. The good ones are most likely a lot better than anything that you can fabricate, and is would make things a lot easier for you.

In my attempt i made the bullets for neutral extra and a periodic trigger that constantly moves the bullets forward.I am using no BJ functions,no points and only 1 unit group.Everything unleaked.There is no way to make it faster in wc3,this is the game's limit. :p WC3 just doesnt support so many units at once.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
If you know how to create models you could make an invisible model with x attachment points, then attach the bullet models at those points, and it'll look like there's x bullets instead of one.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Go play Archer Wars, tell me if it lags for you. Every arrow is a unit which is constantly being set a position by SetUnitX and SetUnitY.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.