How do you change the amount of gold (or rate) players harvest/gather from gold mines

vertigofx

Reaction score
EDIT: SOLVED

This sounds likes it would be a simple thing to do, but I cannot figure it out. I've spent quite some time searching the net. So far I've read a lot of posts about people wanting to know how to change the total amount of gold a gold mine contains, but that's not my problem.

I want to be able to change the amount of gold that the player receives while they are mining/gathering. For example, right now the player gets 10 gold per trip (if they are human/orc) or 10 gold every 5 seconds (if they are undead/nightelf). I'd like to be able to change that.

I did find a FAQ that included this as one of the questions, but it wasn't specifically answered. The answer just said it was a Gameplay Constant... but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Go to the object editor/abilities.
Find harvest (Gold and lumber) under the "Special/Units" folder in the left of the screen.
Then scroll down to Data and set your own numbers :)

vertigofx

Reaction score
I appreciate the very quick reply.

Anyway, I've tried that, but it doesn't change anything. I still only get 10 gold per second (tested with Undead).

Solu9

Reaction score
I appreciate the very quick reply.

Anyway, I've tried that, but it doesn't change anything. I still only get 10 gold per second (tested with Undead).

That's probably because Acolytes uses "Gather (Acolyte Gold)" hence that's the ability you want to edit :)
Harvest (Gold and lumber) is for peasants.

vertigofx

Reaction score
That's probably because Acolytes uses "Gather (Acolyte Gold)" hence that's the ability you want to edit :)
Harvest (Gold and lumber) is for peasants.

Yup. Tried that too. Any other ideas? What if I tried creating a trigger? I tried, but I don't know how to create an event that would detect when a player's unit was mining/harvesting.

Solu9

Reaction score
That's really odd. I have just tested the ability "Harvest (Gold and lumber)". I set the harvest amount to 100 and I received 100 gold when the peasant returned to the townhall.

Edit:

As for undead you want to change the "Undead/Units/Blighted Gold Mine Ability" - "Data - Gold per Interval"

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Solu, if it still doesn't work then try adding a map and the object editor will have pink to show him.

Solu9

Reaction score
Here is a test map you can have a look and play around with. It has:
-Up to 8 Acolytes are able to mine from the Haunted Gold Mine.
-All workers will harvest 100 gold instead of 10 gold.

On a side note. DON'T try to entangle the Gold Mine in the lower right corner with the nearby Tree of Life. The specific Tree of Life has a customized entangle ability which was supposed to turn the Gold Mine into a farm once done. This will however freeze the game. It was just not ment to be.

Hope it solves your problem :)

Attachments

• Gold Mine Test.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 554

vertigofx

Reaction score
As for undead you want to change the "Undead/Units/Blighted Gold Mine Ability" - "Data - Gold per Interval"

This worked! Thank you! I was also able to find the similar section for the Night Elf race.

There's a World Editor FAQ that's been spread around that has a question about this but doesn't answer it properly. Sure wish it people would fix that.

Ah, I just got an email saying that Solu9 posted. Thanks, but I guess the problem is solved now!

Solu9

Reaction score
This worked! Thank you! I was also able to find the similar section for the Night Elf race.

There's a World Editor FAQ that's been spread around that has a question about this but doesn't answer it properly. Sure wish it people would fix that.

Ah, I just got an email saying that Solu9 posted. Thanks, but I guess the problem is solved now!

Im glad it worked out for you! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.