how do you make a morphing trigger...

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
i want to be able to morph a unit when it uses a certain ability ability but i want to do it in triggers cause i want to be able to do it 30+ times without any errors... or unforeseen side effects. like losing abilities or glitches... etc... btw im making one of those maps where everyone is against 1 person but they don't know who that person is... aka (who's the killer type.) edited ive tried it a few times but i also can't make a dialog box. edited: thanks but look at below at my other post (post 4)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The only way to do it purely via triggers is to use the Replace Unit action, however this is a fairly poor substitute for an actual morph ability. You can also create a morph ability in the data editor and then use a trigger to execute the morph but I have a feeling this is not what you are after. I would recommend just creating in the data editor rather they trying to make a trigger version of it.

There is a tutorial about creating dialog boxes around here somewhere.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Here's the dialog tutorial Dave was talking about.

Also, where have you got the idea that triggers will have less error and glitches than data editor? My experience with the two is the opposite. Not to mention data editor has the ability type "morph" for just this type of thing.

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
so its better to do in data editor? even if i use +30 morphs? oh i got it from someone who was helping someone make a parasite map. but it died so im trying to remake it. but one thing... will it still be easier to do it that way if i have a transform from human to alien trigger on them? also whatever its current form is say t2 cunning or t2 stamina or w/e would turn into human no matter what form? i need help i think with that part of it. i don't really know how to do that part. and vice versa... human turns back into t2. and alien turns into human t2. explain that to me if you can understand...

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
post your triggers, just saying the "gist" of a trigger doesnt tell us anything about what it actually does
use the [noparse]
Trigger:
  • tags
[/noparse] when posting triggers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.