How Has The Helper Helped You?

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
im starting this too see how helpful this sight is too you or atleast the WE help Forums part be the most judgemental people you can be and dont worry im not part of the staff so i dont care.... after someone post ill post my opinion :p

debate on pros/cons
what you'd like different
and just stuff about here on WE help

happy foruming!

cowmenace

Reaction score
I really don't think this should be in this section...
but ya without thehelper my map would never be complete. I have been working on it for about a year and a half, and it's amazing how much help I have gotten from the great people in this community. My map should be done soon and this will be my #1 site when I realize that I underestimated the difficulty in making my second map =)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I really don't think this should be in this section...

Well where else would it go that people who actually are active here and use/help others could see it? Majority of us don't go to anywhere else but the Warcraft section. Or at least thats my oppinion.

And yes the helper.net is honestly the best site ever when it comes to getting the help you need to make your map.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I like the helper because it helps me and its very helpful :thup:

Solved alot of problems.. When i started using world editor i didn't even know how to change a heroes name :D

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When i started using world editor i didn't even know how to change a heroes name :D

Oh the good old days when we thought we were amazing for just changing there names and changing what skill they had. :p Course now I feel like I can do so much more thanks to what I've been learning here. Though I do feel less accomplished sometimes now I expect more from myself when it comes to map making.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
i know this place has been a life saver lol wish i still had my Kreking Passage Maze map id upload it lol lost it whiping out my comp. i know the people here are humble lol

i used to be big at clanorpg forums but they went dead
dont see that happening here :p !

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah here every one seems to make an effort that everyone is treated well and I like that.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
overall, not much....

very few people dl my maps and give support and or feedback, to thsoe people i thank you deeply

whenever i need help, it usualy goes unanswered, and if it dose get answered, msot of the time (most, not all) theres either no solution or they dont know what to do

really, the only reason why im here is for the small fanbase i biult up.. apparently my maps are not appealing to the eneral public, and my problems are a tad too ahrd for the community, hell i didnt even get the "go learn jass you noob" when it came to gui restictions

O

Opossum

I only joined recently but already find this to be a very helpful site. The tutorials are a good place to start and the forum seems to be quite active. I've asked a few questions and they were all answered shortly after. (sorry to hear it's not been like that for you, Psi, though...)

It's a lot more fun to make a map if you know where to get some input when you are stuck somewhere.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
overall, not much....

very few people dl my maps and give support and or feedback, to thsoe people i thank you deeply

whenever i need help, it usualy goes unanswered, and if it dose get answered, msot of the time (most, not all) theres either no solution or they dont know what to do

really, the only reason why im here is for the small fanbase i biult up.. apparently my maps are not appealing to the eneral public, and my problems are a tad too ahrd for the community, hell i didnt even get the "go learn jass you noob" when it came to gui restictions
Well first off I didn't even know you had submitted maps. So I think you just need to tell people about them more. :) And second I'm sorry you seem to think that know one cares a whole lot about helping you. Third As far as myself and your maps turbo tanks sounds like it may be fun. But the others um... Sound kinda oh I don't know... Not exactly what I would want to play just because of the name implies heavy gruesome violence to me. As in worse than a lot of games. So just from my stand point to me just the genre may not appeal but that doesn't mean that your maps aren't fun to others and that they aren't hard worked on etc. Okay I'm done talking too much again...

Chewbalka

Reaction score
maybe im just use to computers to much but i figured out almost everything after i got the basics explained to me here, though it would have took me about 2-3 times longer without this site.
im greatfull :p

eatbeaver

Reaction score
This forum is awesome! It feels like everyone is trying to help and they give really good help.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The community is great, people are quite helpful and it's easy to find older topics that answers your problem.

The majority of the mappers here lack a great deal of experience, thinking they're map will be the next greatest thing next to socks.

The moderators though, are absolute pussies who believes that there is no place for sarcastic criticism. Watch how they ban me for this! And for what? One slang word and an insult.
EDIT: Well that excludes the previous 7 or 8 times I"ve been banned. Not even half of those were deserved.
How fun!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
This forum is awesome! It feels like everyone is trying to help and they give really good help.

Exactly :)

TheHelper has helped me in pretty much every way I can think of (help, ideas, tutorials and resources to help me understand things, a place to submit my work :))

The moderators though, are absolute pussies who believes that there is no place for sarcastic criticism

Should there even be a need to make a sarcastic remark?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah the problem with sarcastic remarks is that some people may take you seriously and then things may go completely wrong with what ever they thought you said they should do or what ever. So in our case here at the helper I think its better to not be sarcastic.

T

The Mapmaker

The moderators though, are absolute pussies who believes that there is no place for sarcastic criticism

Ha ha, I remember seeing that posted somewhere. Where was it again?

Great site, by the way. It has helped me come along in the way of WE and it helped to increase my knowledge of GUI.

nabbig2

Reaction score
My map would be nowhere without WEForums. I will definetly give credit when I release it for beta.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The problems I get are usually very hard to answer OR is not possible (in GUI)..

So usually I help in the forums, not ask for help..

The only thing that lacks in TheHelper is that no one really bothers our map projects cuz some people don't really care about any else's and thinks that it is competition =P.. I think not really, but I'm just plain lazy to check other map projects :D..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.