How much do you think it would cost to outsource the NUON Authentication stuff?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am about ready to just pay for this - how much do you guys think it would cost to get someone to get the Authentication tools working?

I am almost 100 percent sure I can recreate whatever development environment that was used on the current stuff on the Dragonshadow site via a virtual machine. But seriously, Dragonshadow likes NUON it is just way in his past, but some money might make it more attractive to do something. How much would we need though?

NUANCE has stuff going on, there is stuff going on with the controller shortage, but there is nothing going on with the Authentication Tools and this is something we have to work out.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I got a guy from Atari Age that did the Yak Twister rotary controller thing possibly interested in getting paid to get the NUON Authentication Tools working. I asked for a quote and I await response currently....

Worst case I get an idea of how much it could cost best case it is something reasonable and he does not mind getting paid in NUON and/or Jag Stuff :) LOL that is a joke if it was a huge amount of money I would definitely consider a crowd source.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the Yak Twister guy never got back with me on a quote and another source told me that the original guy who put out the NUON Authentication tools could never get it working either so my idea of getting him to help are dashed. I have not given up yet. Time is on my side I will prevail :)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
OK this thread says someone was able to use the Authentication tools to sign their homebrew so apparently it does work maybe just not how it is supposed to but it worked once. That means it can work again

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
OK this thread says someone was able to use the Authentication tools to sign their homebrew so apparently it does work maybe just not how it is supposed to but it worked once. That means it can work again

Where in the thread does it say that? If I'm not mistaken, an attempt was made but it was unsuccessful. "the passphrase provided with the leaked documents is wrong and i'm unable to properly sign my games" - gameblabla. Am I missing something?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You are right I missed the part at the bottom I just saw what I wanted to see oh well I see it now.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I got a guy from Atari Age that did the Yak Twister rotary controller thing possibly interested in getting paid to get the NUON Authentication Tools working. I asked for a quote and I await response currently....

Worst case I get an idea of how much it could cost best case it is something reasonable and he does not mind getting paid in NUON and/or Jag Stuff :) LOL that is a joke if it was a huge amount of money I would definitely consider a crowd source.
Hope you're not referring to this goof:

Looks like he's trying to get money for people to "watch his show" now that the Nuon stuff doesn't exist and our money can be flushed down the toilet.

Quoted:
Please leave me alone, if you have money to spend, make me an offer for a thing.
They aren't on the market for a reason, they don't exist.
I don't sell things, I fix things and make art, and I don't have any art for sale right now besides the show.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Where in the thread does it say that? If I'm not mistaken, an attempt was made but it was unsuccessful. "the passphrase provided with the leaked documents is wrong and i'm unable to properly sign my games" - gameblabla. Am I missing something?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but without the required keys, this is not going to happen. It uses a 2048 byte ElGamal encryption algorithm.

Quick synopsis:
Both DLP and CDH problem are believed to be difficult, and they have been proved such (and therefore secure) for more than 30 years.
The cryptographic strength is linked to the magnitude of p. In 2017, a sufficient size for p is deemed to be 2048 bits. For more information, see the most recent ECRYPT report.
The signature is four times larger than the equivalent DSA, and the ciphertext is two times larger than the equivalent RSA.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This so reminds me of the Battlesphere thing. Have to get that code word. I will get that code word without having to go to brute force because the 4Play people were up to the brute force - i am more finesse.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
This so reminds me of the Battlesphere thing. Have to get that code word. I will get that code word without having to go to brute force because the 4Play people were up to the brute force - i am more finesse.

Ha... you got the joke. Yeh they tried to brute force it but I believe in the end a source from Atari (Hasbro) slid the key under the table.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a guy from Atari Age that did the Yak Twister rotary controller thing possibly interested in getting paid to get the NUON Authentication Tools working. I asked for a quote and I await response currently....did they ever get those controllers on the market?

did they ever get those controllers on the market?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
did they ever get those controllers on the market?

No they did not. You need to catch up my friend. I sent my Logitech to Carl at Songbird to try and reverse engineer to make an adaptor or something. It is all in the Controller thread which I see you found :)

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
No they did not. You need to catch up my friend. I sent my Logitech to Carl at Songbird to try and reverse engineer to make an adaptor or something. It is all in the Controller thread which I see you found :)
yea I knew that, but was just asking about the others. Knew songbird had been trying to work toward something
. It would honestly be nice if there was a module box made we could plug other controllers into. It would at least make people able to play. n64 or dreamcast some kinda inexpensive easy to find controllers

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
yea I knew that, but was just asking about the others. Knew songbird had been trying to work toward something
. It would honestly be nice if there was a module box made we could plug other controllers into. It would at least make people able to play. n64 or dreamcast some kinda inexpensive easy to find controllers
i will certainly pick up 1 or 2 when songbird gets it going. I have faith they will

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.