How should it be?

TomTTT

Reaction score
I already asked 1 question about how people might want a map I made to be (well, just the floating text was the question) and now I have another one. My game is mainly a combination of hero and tower defense, and I've been thinking of - How should the creeps be summoned? A triggered summons, with game levels just like all Tower Defense games, or should it be that a player controlls the summonings, and summons from a shop, and gains income? (Of course he will have more work than just that - but just your opinion)
(Only 1 player summons, others defend)

Oh and by the way, should I make a poll for this? :p

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Since there are only 2 options, poll might be good. But I find player having to defend and summon at the same time a little tedious especially if you're going against very fast people, so I prefer triggered summons :)

TomTTT

Reaction score
Since there are only 2 options, poll might be good. But I find player having to defend and summon at the same time a little tedious especially if you're going against very fast people, so I prefer triggered summons :)

Oh I sorry it's not what I meant... I'll also change in the main post, I mean only 1 player acctually summons, while others defend

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Hmmm... Then that might work out, though it's best to make it random.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Oh I sorry it's not what I meant... I'll also change in the main post, I mean only 1 player acctually summons, while others defend

hahaha that actually could be really fun. The summoner could receive bonuses for taking out players, destroying towers or heroes, and stuff like that.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Hit Reply to Thread instead of post, so I'm starting over.

It'd be hard for a single summoner to make money off destroying towers. Towers won't be destroyed unless they're blocking the maze, or if you're even using a maze style. Summoner might get money from leaking creeps, but if he doesn't get any past the maze for a while, the game would stall. Maybe give him a periodic amount of cash, and what he gets from leaks and killing heroes is supplemented to that. Or like in line tower wars, the more units he summons, the more income he gets periodically. Just a thought since you've helped me out with so much, Tom =)

Edit: Almost hit the Reply to Thread button AGAIN! =( Very not-user friendly, that button is...

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I agree with skyblader, making the summoner random would be great. Summoner could get gold for being the summoner like in mauls the last defender.

akuzaid93

Reaction score
what about to give the summoner gold = gold gained by defender by killing summoned unit?
it would be a win win situation :D

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
He means that if a defender kills a unit, give the summoner that amount of moneyz back... I think...

akuzaid93

Reaction score
it means that both the defender and summoner gets the same money(when a summoned unit is killed). in that way, the summoner will always have more money than the defender (if the game is played by more than 2 defender for sure) that will enable the summoner to summon stronger units and do what ever needs to make the game harder for the defender.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
It almost seems broken... I feel like 2x will be way too much... Maybe take a fraction of a unit's point value, add it to a variable, and every sixty seconds, give that variable's ammt to said player in gold?

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
If theres like 2 defenders.. thats gonna be rigged, you just wait until you have a lot of gold cuz of your defenders then you spam?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, acctually I have been thinking of making a periodic income, maybe based on the units summoned? Not sure. Now that I've seen what BlackRabbit said, It acctualyl looks pretty nice. But it may be a bit confusing and might not be fair for the defenders, because they only defend, not more. So the summoner can summon only low level units, making it hard for the defenders to level up, and gain money every time they die. Then, suddenly, after he gets enough he will summon a VERY strong creep, and they all die. I think I'll stick with the summon = income method, like used in Hero Line Wars (Is that the name?).
By the way: Another "How should it be"...
Should the summoner have like a hero, with no active abilities but Auras, to improve his creeps? Or maybe it can attack... Ideas?

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Idk, if you have a hero help his creeps, it might be a little unbalanced unless you gave the defenders an aura hero or toned down creeps a little. Not too sure though; balancing is proving difficult in my map atm, so I might not be giving good ideas =P

Edit: And the name of the map I'm referring to is Line Tower Wars. That's where I pulled the idea from =P

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well hearing what you said, I agree, so I think I might make the hero pretty weak, which his main purpose will be provide auras to his creeps while staying out of danger, because I'll cause him to have low amount of hitpoints. Then hero defenders can also buy builders which stones to block the creeps and can repair, and can harvest which is the main income and can build towers which has many different purposes, each have his own.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.