How to add Nuke rounds on a Spectre?

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi, i want to add a Nuke round to a Spectre at athe start of the map, without having a ghost accademy built.

I tried to add ammo (nuke ammo (spectre)) to the spectre but it doesnt works...
It works if i add an accademy and add the ammo on it (i've added the nuke ability (spectre) to the accademy)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There would be a couple of ways to go about doing this, but probably the easiest method would be to give your spectre unit the Spectre Nuke Silo Arm Magazine ability. Then you should be able to add the ammo to your spectre.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Can't :(
Spectre Nuke Silo Arm Magazine is an ability that can be applyed only on structures and i'm not able to change that in the data editor... Double click on the field but i see only the menu to change race of the ability, not other flags...

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What is the "link" between ammo on accademy and nukes on the spectre unit? Where can i find it? in the launch nuke ability on thr spectre? In wich row?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Dafuq? I was 100% sure I clicked Post Reply. Well I typed this out once already;
The link is, as blastintime states, the requirement, which counts the amount of Weapon - Nuke units completed for the player. The arm ability (held by the Ghost Academy) then arms a magazine with the Weapon - Nuke unit.

You could remove the requirement, but then it would mean that it could be used any time.

Just add the arm ability to the ghost unit (yes it CAN be done, just go to the Ability: Abilities + field for the unit) and add ammo to the ghost with this action;
Code:
        Unit - Add 1 rounds of ammo to Ghost Academy - Arm Silo with Nuke magazine for (Triggering unit)

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok :)

Now the button is available but there are no rounds in the magazine... how can i change that number?

Sry but i'm a bit noob..

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I tried... add nuclear attack to spectre but it doesn't works...
It works only add nuclear ammunition to accademy but i still need an accademy in that way and of course it adds an ammo to all spectres in the map.
I want to add only a nuke to a specific spectre (it's an hero so maybe i will duplicate and modify the ammonution ability and the nuke launch ability in order to have a specific version only for him, but i want not to raquire an accademy in the map).

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@X-maul I'm reading now your post there were some problems with your reply.

I tried to add the "arm nuke" ability to the spectre but i cant' find it in the list of abilities...
I went to the ability page and i see that the "arm nuke" has Race:terran and AbilityorEffectType:Structures...

Editor: Categorie editor Race:Terran,AbilityorEffectType:Structures

I doubleclicked on that row and a windows opened but in that window i see only a the "race" menu, no other things so i cant change from AbilityorEffectType:Structures to AbilityorEffectType:Units.
If i would be able to do it i would duplicate the ability "arm nuke" and add it to my hero but i cant...

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Another question about ammo nuke... how can i change the number of rounds?
I mean it points to the number of active nuke units, i want to point it to another quantity (i.e. number of behaviors of a certain type on a unit) how can i do?

Maybe it's easier... ( i think to have the "launch nuke" toggled on removing requirements and the number of round made by adding a useless stackable buff on the unit and removing one stack every time it launches a nuke. So when i would to add a nuke i simply add a stack of that behavior)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
@X-maul I'm reading now your post there were some problems with your reply.

I tried to add the "arm nuke" ability to the spectre but i cant' find it in the list of abilities...
No problem ;)
To see what ability you need to add, just go to the Ghost Acedemy and see what ability it got ;)
then go back to your ghost and add the same ability.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Dofus! :D (i'm a french gentleman) :D

You are right... i tried now and it works... but i swear when i tried 2 days ago it wasnt in the list! (Or i was blind :p)

Ok... now a little "fix"... the nuke is launched from the spectre, there is a way to not show the missile rising, only falling form the sky?

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I mean.. i deleted the grafic model in "model- launch nuke" and it obviously shows the chessed semisphere... there is a transparent model that can i apply? In order to see anithing?

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yep i will try, i solved changing the model to snipe impact that is so tiny that it wolud not be seen :)

Tnx a lot to ererybody!

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Deleting the creation of the actor will it's not so good... the launch sound will be removed too.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I removed it and no sound was played, i took a look at the actor and it has the link to the sound too, so animation and sound are handled by the same actor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.