How to add raw defense to a unit?

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Title says it all. Adding raw defense to a hero/unit w/o the +1 (green) colored string next to the normal defense.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
The thing is that I don't want it to show the +1 string value next to the raw armor. And I think the item armor bonus ability doesn't have "hide <string>" stat.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Upgrades would probably not be appropriate as you cannot downgrade an upgrade after it has been applied. The only thing you can do is lower the effect again at higher levels, which is not a great solution. It may work for you, if you only need small changes in armor, or just one big leap added on.

Otherwise it isn't possible to avoid the green text without actually changing the unit. We really need to know what you are trying to do exactly (how much armour is added when, etc) before we can decide on how impossible it is.

istar

Reaction score
that has some side effects
and only works on heroes
i too waiting for the 'perfect' answer, interesting question...

Tamisrah

Reaction score
How about this:
Give the unit a buff which increases the armor and then chaosmorph it into itself.
If I remember correctly the buff will be removed but the armor will stay increased then without green numbers.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think you can, unless you replace the unit with a different one, or add Agility if it's a hero.

Every other method will have the little green +X.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Or simply edit the MPQ and change the color of the +X from green to black.

DK's Pride

Reaction score
But the dragon knight in dota dosent get a + sign? :confused:

Edit: i mean from his ability "dragon blood" that gives +2 armor and 1+ reg per second per level

istar

Reaction score
That way, it won't be noticeable when you tried to see it with the black background.
you cant see the number either....-.-
it's an upgrade..
yes, its an upgrade, and i double checked in a meelee maps, it seems to be the perfect solution here

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Thing is, I'm trying to add it via an upgrade. Lets say the Upgrade is Animal War Training (Knight upgrade) and all I do is change the effect to Apply Defense Bonus. When I research the upgrade the bonus isn't occurring. Pesky upgrades...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my idea doesn't seem to catch your interests? Bummer...:(

See if you can find an upgrade that originally adds defensive bonuses, either to units or buildings, such as Iron Plating.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
So, my idea doesn't seem to catch your interests? Bummer...:(

See if you can find an upgrade that originally adds defensive bonuses, either to units or buildings, such as Iron Plating.

1st: Your idea isn't helping, 'cuz it will apply the defense, but it will not SHOW the actual bonus, am I rite?

2nd: Upgrades such as Iron Plating (all defense upgrade bonuses) will add a number of the upgrades researched - meaning it will show the upgrade name + level in the armor tooltip.

Its either scripted or extremely easy and hell I'm blind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.