How to: Change the Hero XP Bar

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How to Change the Hero XP Bar
by Orc_Tamer​

Basic Information:
This tutorial will show you and explain how to change your interface of your game by changing the XP bar for you hero. Making you map unique and very nice.

Tools Required:
-Photohop or Gimp (or any program that can save/load .tga)
-Magos' Model Editor Link

Step 1:

Open up Magos' Model Editor and go to Windows >> MPQ Browser. Then go on File >>War3.mpq. After that go on UI>Feedback>XpBar>human-bigbar-fill.blp (As shown below)

step1.png

(This is what it should look like)
Copyofstep2.png

Step 2: Once you open that file up go on Windows > Texture Manager. Find the texture and right click it and export it to your desktop with the .tga extension. (As shown below)

step5.png

Step 3: Open it up on Photoshop or Gimp (Either one) for this tutorial I'm going to use Photoshop. Select all of it and delete all the space so its all white now change it to any color you want. Now go on the layer's options and add these settings.

step3.png

(This is what I ended up with)
Copyofstep4.png

Step 3: Save it as .tga and reopen it on Magos' Model Editor and do the same thing as Step 2 but instead of saving it as .tga save it as .blp. Now open up your Warcraft III Map so we can import it.

Step 4: Go on Import Manage (F12). Import your new xp bar and now your file. The Full Path is "war3mapImported\human-bigbar-fill.blp" and change it to "UI\Feedback\XpBar\human-bigbar-fill.blp" (Important)
(As shown below)
step6.png

Step 5: Close World Editor (Save your map) and reopen it, now test your map. Your hero's xp bar should end up having a different color.
(As shown below)
step7.png

That's It. Have fun making your own XP bar. :)
-Orc_Tamer

(Here are the files I used for this tutorial)

Attachments

• Tutorial.w3x
    13.7 KB · Views: 578
  • human-bigbar-fill.blp
    9.2 KB · Views: 595

Tonks

Reaction score
Good, thorough, tutorial. It's a bit short, but that's just because it's so specific. I found this very useful ;)

Although..-
Would I be able to make a pattern on it? Striped black and yellow, for example? Or can I only use one solid color?
Am I able to make it so only specific heroes have that exp bar?

Maybe you should show a screenshot of the original above the finished product, to show how it changed.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Good, thorough, tutorial. It's a bit short, but that's just because it's so specific. I found this very useful ;)

Although..-
Would I be able to make a pattern on it? Striped black and yellow, for example?
Am I able to make it so only specific heroes have that exp bar?

1. I dunno try to check for yourself :D
2. No you can't due to the fact that the interface uses it for everything

ReVolver

Reaction score
I believe it is. Why not get FT? its only like 10$

Tonks

Reaction score
I believe it is. Why not get FT? its only like 10$

That would entail me going to walmart and buying the entire battle chest. I live in Alaska, and Blizzard doesn't care about Alaskans :rolleyes:
They only sell the battle chest, and not the specific parts. :nuts:

And, I've made it kind of a goal for me to educate myself as well as possible on getting around the bumps of the RoC editor. So far I've figured out how to do most things that you can do in the TFT editor. I plan to finish writing my extensive tutorial some time or other for other RoC mappers to learn from.

Ah well, nuts. I guess I'll just stick with the normal black exp bar.. or maybe I'll set aside a few hours to figure out how to do it without the program. ;)

ReVolver

Reaction score
you can always try to use the one I made already for your map. :)

Tonks

Reaction score
you can always try to use the one I made already for your map. :)

Goodeh!
RoC editor doesn't even have import manager.. Luckily, I've overcome that bump :)
I used WinMPQ and added it to the map file. It works! :p
Thanks.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Goodeh!
RoC editor doesn't even have import manager.. Luckily, I've overcome that bump :)
I used WinMPQ and added it to the map file. It works! :p
Thanks.

Well I might take requests later for RoC users. :D

ReVolver

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments :)

Tonks

Reaction score
Maybe you should also add a part explaining how to do it in GIMP? Make the tut. a bit longer and a bit more explanatory.

I

In Fl4meS

Very usefull man, I was looking for this but couldn't find it!
Thx!

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Just a quick questions...must it always have a purple glow in it?

ReVolver

Reaction score
Unfortunately.. yes. Its a built in thing that the model holds. Once I find out how to edit it you have to bear the 'purple glow'. :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.