How to: Create a Creep Revival System

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I do not think people who need to seek triggers (especially in GUI) know how to clean leaks, and think that someone with as much posts and rep as you, would make clean all leaks, If you wanted, you could put a disclaimer on your tutorial saying it has minor leaks, or not, I do not really mind.

Cheers

A

AK-47Pirates

I don't know if I could, i can only find Set Life to %, and Set Life to Value. Theres no just "add 60 life"

I've been thinking about reworking tranquility, but that would be hard. If it's a tough solution that's okay. I think I'll figure something out eventually.

If it does leak, then my map would be screwed, cause hundreds of creeps will be killed with multiple players. How caould i get rid of leak? I've read all kinds of leak tutorials, but it's just hard to understand. Would it be something like:

call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint) ???

I know what leaks are, and how to identify them, but removing, NEVER!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>Theres no just "add 60 life"

Actually, there is:

Unit - Set Life of (Triggering unit) to Life of ((Triggering unit) + 60)

That can be achieved by using the function "Arithmetic", which lets you add/subtract/times/divide 2 values.

If you need anymore help on this, feel free to post here again.

*Does this tut meet another mod's approval?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Very detailed, and works well by making creeps revive at their initial locations.

Approved. :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I noticed the title was changed to just, "Creep Revival System"

I did that for the sake of the WET Site. In the User Submitted tutorial section, they go by alphabetical order; I did that so it would fall under 'Creep', but it's not a big thing.

chewett

Reaction score
Great tut + rep

just one thing to say though

where you create the unit again at ((Center of (Entire map)) i found that the points were taken from point 0 0

if your center of map is 0 0 this is ok but mine wasn't as i enlarged it and stuff

i found a way to get around this by recreating the unit at the point ((Point(0.00, 0.00)) with offset something

just helping if someone find this difficult

SaintMorose

Reaction score
Great tut + rep

i found a way to get around this but recreating the unit at the point ((Point(0.00, 0.00)) with offset something

Agreed its a great tutorial but because the point 0,0 works in more situations you might want to add that to the tutorial

also for some reason my editor wouldnt accept the custom script lines

if anyone else has that problem they can replace them with
Set Creep_X[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (X of (Position of (Picked unit)))
Set Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Y of (Position of (Picked unit)))

chewett

Reaction score
the point 0 0 makes it more acurate and yes it will work in 99% of the time

good way around the custom code

nomadian

Reaction score
just curious why store the x and y values seperately and why not use the point variable? Is the point variable plagued with problems or something as I think I'm getting a few problems but don't know.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>why store the x and y values seperately and why not use the point variable?

I could ask you the same type of Q: why use a point variable?

Points use X and Ys to return a location.
So there's no difference between them.
Even though using an arrayed point variable might've been "easier", I chose not to.

Why?
Well, because I can I suppose.
It should also be a little faster.
Everyone has different ways of doing things - some people question those ways :p

MagusKeith

Reaction score
problem

set udg_Creep_X[udg_Integer] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())

Says Expected a Name...
what shall i do? what did i do wrong?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.