How to: Create a Creep Revival System

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Post your current code. It is most likely a typo.

Keep in mind that when referencing global variables in JASS, or with Custom Script,
you must use the correct syntax, with everything being case sensitive:

'udg_' is always put before any global variable in JASS/CS.
'_' is used instead of spaces in variable names.

So..

Creep X, would become: udg_Creep_X, in JASS/CS.

A

Awestruck

An alternative to saving the unit location as coordinates would be creating a region for each unit and refering to it with an arrey variable in much the same way. This should counter the problem that arises when changing map boundaries.

I suggest, for the second trigger, putting the actions in an if/then/else and adding a condition checking for nearby units. If the condition returns false the unit wont be respawned obviously, that's why you add a "run this trigger" in the else-actions. This way the unit will be respawned almost as soon as no one is nearby to be ambushed by creeps magically apearing out of nowhere.

Just a few optional additions :)

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
That's an impressive looking trigger. Getting creeps to respawn where they first appeared has been a thorn in my side for years (that and I didn't know the purpose of the custom unit value thing). One question though, at the bottom it says "This tutorial also includes a demo map: ". Where's the demo map?

UPDATE: Wait, never mind, I see it. It just doesn't show on the tutorials site.
(http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=55581)

UPDATE: Just thought I'd mention how much I like the fact that the trigger's so LITTLE. My work around would have been as large as a map's worth of triggers.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
amazing as always Tinki3, but i have a question. When u revive the units, u put in a wait function of 5 sec, if 2 units die 1 after another, will the wait functions overlapp and only repsawn the unit that died later?

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Add a point variable array named tempPoint

Code:
Revive Creeps 1 by 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) and (((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Not equal to True)
    Actions
        Wait 5.00 game-time seconds
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at ((Center of (Entire map)) offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])) facing (Random angle) degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))

Can then be made leakless like this:

Code:
Revive Creeps 1 by 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) and (((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Not equal to True)
    Actions
        Wait 5.00 game-time seconds
        Set tempPoint[1] = (Center of (Entire map))
        Set tempPoint[2] = tempPoint[1] offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at tempPoint[2] facing (Random angle) degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
        Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[1])
        Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[2])

Assuming Center of Entire map doesn't leak and you'd want the trigger leakless

chewett

Reaction score
An alternative to saving the unit location as coordinates would be creating a region for each unit and refering to it with an arrey variable in much the same way. This should counter the problem that arises when changing map boundaries.

I suggest, for the second trigger, putting the actions in an if/then/else and adding a condition checking for nearby units. If the condition returns false the unit wont be respawned obviously, that's why you add a "run this trigger" in the else-actions. This way the unit will be respawned almost as soon as no one is nearby to be ambushed by creeps magically apearing out of nowhere.

Just a few optional additions :)

but this is exatly what i dont want to do as i dont want 100+ regions just for units

therefore i use point 0 0

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> if 2 units die 1 after another, will the wait functions overlapp and only repsawn the unit that died later?

No, as "Triggering unit" is used as reference to the dying unit, thus it is "MUI".
Triggering unit is not overwritten either.

In saying this, you can increase the wait interval to a large(r) number and the dying unit will still "revive".

X

ximbabwe0228

There is a much simpler way to do this for people who suk at variables (moi). Simply create a region where the creeps start. Text in braces {} represents individually-defined values. Text in brackets [] represents the trigger. Text in parentheses () represents underlined blue or red text in the editor.
*events*
-Unit - player owned unit event.
[a unit owned by (neutral hostile) (dies).]
*conditions*
-boolean -
[(event response - dying unit) is (a summoned unit) (equal to) (false).]
*actions*
-Unit - create
[Create (1) (event response - unit type of dying unit) at ({your region}) facing ({whatever}) angle.

I am not trying to degrade you in any way, Tinki3, and I appreciate your contribution.

also if u wanted only 1 res: either a) give it an ankh or b) as 1 last action do
-trigger - turn off
[Turn off (this trigger)].

Also +rep tinki3.

chango

Reaction score
Problem with the wait...

Hello,

Thanks for the tutorial i learn a lot of it, but it wont work fine for me :confused:. I have a problem with the wait action, if i put 4 sec or less works fine but if i use 5 sec or more the creep does not respawn.

Yes i have only one creep in my map :D

Here is the code of my trigger:

Code:
ReviveCreep
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
    Actions
        Wait 4.00 game-time seconds
        Set tempPoint[1] = (Center of (Entire map))
        Set tempPoint[2] = (tempPoint[1] offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]))
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at tempPoint[2] facing (Random angle) degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[1])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[2])

Also i have a item in the creep and i don't know how to make it to drop every time.

Any ideas ??

Attachments

• PrimerMapaChango.w3x
    31.2 KB · Views: 494

Warplord

Cool Member
Reaction score
Can I set it to Player 11 (Dark Green) also ?

Because I did ... and it doesn't revive anything .... :(

B

bakerpresent

this was really helpful.. im totally new to the WE and this helped me get to know it a little
i loaded the lost temple map for TFT and used this tutorial to make the creeps respawn. It took me a little while cause i had to search through all the triggers-events-conditions-actions menus.

was cool though thx

- bakerpresents

D

Dromm

expected a name?

Whenever I use this trigger and try to test/save my map it comes up with errors for the two customscript codes and says "Error: Expected a name"

can I get some help please?

Ynklig

Reaction score
If I got an items on the creep that dies, will the one that respawn have the same items? Or should it be more triggers for that?

Great tut anyway! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.