How to: Create a Creep Revival System

Nexor

Reaction score
I can see the problem, haha! :D

Check the variables there is two versions of this: udg_Integer

First one is udg_Integer and the second one is udg_Integar, with an 'A' , that's the reason.

Argentine

Reaction score
Code:
Creep Revival System Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Integer
                Custom script:   set udg_Creep_X[udg_Integer] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())
                Custom script:   set udg_Creep_Y[udg_Integer] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())

Look at the custom script. Anyone having the error "expected integer" or "expected a name" with these custom script remember that whatever you name your variables, custom script is CASE SENSITIVE and the part where it says set udg_Creep_Y "Creep_Y" is the name of the variable. Therefor if you have a different name (like creepYaxis) yours would have to say "set Custom script: set udg_creepYaxis[udg_Integer] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())"

hope this helps with errors

Astal

Reaction score
Hey im using this system and its causin crazy stuff too happen. If anyone could help id appreciate it.

I think its because of a leak but i really dont know. One area of my map, creeps spawn uncontrollably.

Ive been using this same trigger in different maps and always had problems with it. If anyone gets a chance could you look over it and see if it looks ok?

These are my triggers.

Trigger:
  • Creep Revival System Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Integer
          • Custom script: set udg_Creep_X[udg_Integer] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())
          • Custom script: set udg_Creep_Y[udg_Integer] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())

Trigger:
  • Revive Creeps
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) and (((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Not equal to True)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CreepRespawnTime Greater than 0.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait CreepRespawnTime game-time seconds
          • Unit - Create 1 (Random level CreepLevel creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at ((Center of (Entire map)) offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])) facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Wait 30.00 seconds
          • Unit - Create 1 (Random level CreepLevel creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at ((Center of (Entire map)) offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])) facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
Mmm, for some reason they are not respawning I set the bones to 200 seconds and the wait time for the resapwn is 120 game-time. help?

never mind it works but i had to use "conversion - convert coordinates to point"

Mythes

Reaction score
Hey im using this system and its causin crazy stuff too happen. If anyone could help id appreciate it.

What are these "crazy stuff"? More details please....

OMFG.. Didn't see his post was Feb 23, 2010 <-
I read Jan, 23 2011.... My bad for reviving....

pyrrrho

Reaction score
=D Nice Trigger
... when I use it on my RPG map.. cant get the mobs to respaw xD

I disabled all triggers exept this one.. still no respaw =D

I copy the same code into a new map, make one mob works fine :))

Any Idea.. I checked my Gameplayconstance for Flesh decay time seems all good :))
That my Hero goes up to level 200 should not be a problem either =D

I have 100's of Variables on my map.. maybe it interferes with some of them....

I might have to go back to my old respaw system, which is not as great as this one but it works :))

Darkonight

Reaction score
FINALY! This is so awesome and i love you! <3 Have been using some some ass kind of respawn trigger wile looking for this... "Unit died" "Create triggering unit at the position of triggering unit... Bleh>".
And that one sucks... If u play it for an hour the hard creeps will spawn at the beginning.

Alright, thanks alot man!

PS: Love that u explained it so well... (Noob friendly((Perfect) for (Me))) :D

YuchiRO

Reaction score
Add a point variable array named tempPoint

Can then be made leakless like this:

Code:
Revive Creeps 1 by 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) and (((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Not equal to True)
    Actions
        Wait 5.00 game-time seconds
        Set tempPoint[1] = (Center of (Entire map))
        Set tempPoint[2] = tempPoint[1] offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at tempPoint[2] facing (Random angle) degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
        Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[1])
        Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint[2])

Assuming Center of Entire map doesn't leak and you'd want the trigger leakless

I created trigger same with Magentix but creeps revive wrong location :( with default location. After that creeps still revive at wrong location.

I also try with Tinki3 code but the result is the same with above.

What should i do now ?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I created trigger same with Magentix but creeps revive wrong location :( with default location. After that creeps still revive at wrong location.

I also try with Tinki3 code but the result is the same with above.

What should i do now ?

Obviously you did something wrong somewhere. You should correct it. I'm guessing there is something wrong with Map Init... We can help if can kindly you post your trigger.

YuchiRO

Reaction score
Here my trigger.

trig1.jpg

trig2.jpg

Or

trig3.jpg

But creep revive not correct default location.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I believe Magentix uses a different method in the Map Init. His was more of a distance comparison while yours is coordinate comparison. Then again, I'm not too sure.

Change yours to this instead:
Code:
Actions
    Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
    Set point = (Point(Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]))
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at point facing Default building facing degrees
It should work now.
For the point variable, it's supposed to be 'Convert coordinates to point'. You're getting the unit X/Y values.
Magentix method should be 'distance from center of map'. That's why it didn't work too well with your triggers.

YuchiRO

Reaction score
Yahooooooo, it's work like charm. Thanks in advanced.

Do you have email or skype ? I want to add you.

Another problem, how to make creep revive stronger after they have been revived ?

Example: Increase hp 10%, increase damg 10%, increase armor 10% .. each time they revive.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Yahooooooo, it's work like charm. Thanks in advanced.

Do you have email or skype ? I want to add you.

Another problem, how to make creep revive stronger after they have been revived ?

Example: Increase hp 10%, increase damg 10%, increase armor 10% .. each time they revive.
Uh. I think you ought to post in the help zone to get more views and response.

YuchiRO

Reaction score
Why i set WAIT less than 10 second, it's working. But if i set WAIT =300 or 600 second, it's not work ?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Why i set WAIT less than 10 second, it's working. But if i set WAIT =300 or 600 second, it's not work ?

Go to Terrain Editor. Then at the Advanced tab, go to Gameplay Constant. Look for 'Creep - Decay time'. Set that value to something higher than your reviving time.

The reason it fails to revive is because once the unit is completely decayed (defaulted at 88 seconds I think), the unit will be removed completely from the game. So in your trigger, after 600 seconds, the unit no longer existed and 'Triggering unit' is no longer a valid event response.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.