How to: Create Multiboards

B

butters132

Thanks but i got a question. What are [Team] Kills [Deaths] Alpha Team and Kills_Alpha in the first part of your code? Are they strings or variables that you forgot to give me?

hoeyad

Reaction score
Code:
 Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1) to (String(player_kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Look at the row. What if there weren't all players in the game to begin with, for example:

Name
Red
Blue
Teal
Yellow
Orange

...where for example, player four (purple) is missing? wouldnt that make the scores malfunction for yellow and orange? yellow is player 5, yet he's in row 5 (instead of 6?)

Would this work? It just goes through each possible player and checks to see if they are there, then puts their data in the row, starting with the second row. You have to do something similar to this to update the kills, deaths, etc. but I'm having some trouble with it (hence looking at multiboard tutorials online).

Code:
Set TempInt = 1
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            Then - Actions
                Set TempInt = (TempInt + 1)
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row TempInt to (PlayerColor[(Integer A)] + (Name of (Player((Integer A)))))
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row TempInt to (String(HeroKills[(Integer A)]))
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row TempInt to (String(HeroDeaths[(Integer A)]))
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row TempInt to (String(TimeAsKing[(Integer A)]))
            Else - Actions

I

Iknowcunfo

yo i am lost on this section plz help me :*( step by step

I have a Fatal Error problem saying (Program: d:\program files\warcraftiii\War3.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001b:6F4216E1
The instruction at '0x6F4216E1' referenced memory at '0x00000020'.
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application

!!! every thing is copied right, i check it twice, three times, 4 times. :*(

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
This multiboard needs to be improved. (The one in the tutorial)

If player 1 and 6 joins.
It will show player 1 and 2 in the multiboard.

I actually remade my entire multiboard after this tutorial, before making sure of andrew made it correctly. Silly me, there goes that time. :banghead:
So I'm back, stuck at the same stupid problem.

Never_Quit

Reaction score
i did this

Trigger:
  • Leader Board Update
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 7, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for MultiboardInformation item in column (Integer B), row ((Integer A) + 4) to StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - (Integer B))]
          • For each (Integer C) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for MultiboardInformation item in column (Integer B), row (C + 1) to StringTeamInformation[((C x 7) - (Integer B))]

Trigger:
  • Set Values
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 1)] = (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + ((Name of (Player((Integer A)))) + |r))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 2)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String(NumberHeroLevel[(Integer A)]))))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 3)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String(NumberHeroDeaths[(Integer A)]))))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 4)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String(NumberFlags[(Integer A)]))))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 5)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String(NumberFlagsLost[(Integer A)]))))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 6)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String(NumberHeroKills[(Integer A)]))))
          • Set StringPlayerInformation[(((Integer A) x 7) - 7)] = (| + (iPlayerColors[(Integer A)] + (String((Real(((NumberHeroKills[(Integer A)] + (NumberFlags[(Integer A)] + 1)) / (NumberHeroDeaths[(Integer A)] + (NumberFlagsLost[(Integer A)] + 1)))))))))

Untitled.jpg

anyone know how to make a multiboard that can change sizes?

EDIT: I came up with a solution.

flying0

Reaction score
-------- Player adding part. --------
-------- Player name. --------
Set player_row = (player_row + 1)
Set player_colour = (player_colour + 1)
Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row player_row to (cc_players[player_colour] + ((Name of (Player(player_colour))) + cc_endtag))

I had a problem making a Multiboard, the rest works perfectly. However, i had trouble finding the "Name of Picked player" option with the array as a string. I used "convert string to interger" and found it. But it didn't work. Could anyone give me a hand? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.