How to: create Professions easily

Capndrs

Reaction score
Hey thanks. I put these in my map, sorrry, i changed them alot, but was wondering if you could put in beast master or something?

Capndrs

Reaction score
Sorry for not responding immediatly but heres my vision.

Like theres certain wild monsters around a map that when an ability is casted on them, then that monster is removed and an item is given to the caster. When the item is used the unit is summoned as pet that can level. When summoned, another item is given to you. When that item is used, the pet is restored, but its level is saved.

You raise your level whenever you tame an animal, and with higher levels, you can tame better things.

I don't know how to do this, but I'm sure you could actully do something with this.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Humm... it doesn't seem like a profession but it can be easily done. If you PM me about it - so i can see if you are still wanting me to do this - then i will create you a basic system that u can then change for your own needs.

duderock101

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting

I have added the next tut - Beast Taming, its indepth and very useful (you can find it on the 3rd post as i ran out of space)

This will probably be the last of this Professions thread, unless you have any other things you would like to know.

Capndrs

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks! That was very much the closest thing I needed. I can finally tame beasts and enjoy the art of owning a "pet"

Tyger

Reaction score
Was wondering if I could get some help. I'm like a complete noob to doing things this complicated, and I'm diving head-first into a huge RPG I'm going to make. I'm starting with this just so I can learn something and see if I can make it, but I'm stuck on Mining. I got Prospeting to work but my Mining won't work. I've tested it... the problem I think I have is this..

Events -Unit Begins casting an Ability

Conditions -Ability cast equal to Mine

Then Event.
(Unit-type of (Targeted Unit) Equal To Ore Vein

I'm really sure that event is where the problem is.
I tried Target Unit; Target Unit of Action or w/e
but I've looked and looked and I just can't find
Target unit of ability being cast
like it says in your description of that trigger

and yes everything I did is basically a mimic of what you did, except for that part because I could find the Target unit of ability being cast action.

Tyger

Reaction score
Nevermind

Fixed it on my own. Just took the basics of yours and kinda made it different and into my own, went around the whole Target thing. Thank you though for the tutorial, really helping in making a cool game. :p

Capndrs

Reaction score
Erm , can we cook more than 1 item?

Yes!!! I Took his cooking profession (giving full credit in quests) and used an integer to keep track of levels. You use c/p a lot but along side fishing you can cook shrimp, trout, and bass. Its cool!

Also, in this fishing profession. In my map i can fish on land as well, how can i fix that, i want to only fish in water.

duderock101

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more requests, if so please PM me them or post them here. I'll try my hardest to do them.

>CrazzyDude<

Reaction score
Hey i need help with the fishing i can't seem to find the terrain thing could specify that?
Thx the rest is awesomeeee~!

duderock101

Reaction score
On Conditions go to Boolean Comparison -> Enviroment - Terrain Path is off

Then change the things there.

Hope it helps

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Yo, I have a suggestion, Were-something I have the triggers, but you may not :p.

But seriously Check out this:HERE! I need help with it, wondering if you could, as your PRO!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.