How to create your own Campaign!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Staff member
Sweet! I was wondering how to make a campaign and all that cool stuff. :D Great job with this! :thup: +rep!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Something you should add to the tutorial. If the map is bigger than 4MB then it won't work using the campaign editor. You can attach the map, add it to a button and save properly. But when you enter wc3, and press that button that will start your map you will just come back to the same screen. Have tested around both with new maps and my own campaign map. Would be nice if someone proved me wrong though.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Something you should add to the tutorial. If the map is bigger than 4MB then it won't work using the campaign editor. You can attach the map, add it to a button and save properly. But when you enter wc3, and press that button that will start your map you will just come back to the same screen. Have tested around both with new maps and my own campaign map. Would be nice if someone proved me wrong though.
In order to test that I would need some campaign that's over 4MB large. :p
I guess importing a song would do the trick..
I'll try it out when I got the time.

Romek

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt that.
Afaik, 4mb is only the battle.net limit.

Maybe it was something you imported which was the cause of this.

On another note, Everything you import should be imported into the campaign file, not the map :p

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Yep, I had the same problem, but as Romek said, you're maps shouldn't include any imports, only the campaign file. You'll have to reassign all references to these filles in your map though.

Exide

Actually. You don't need to import everything that is used in your campaign into the campaign itself. -You can import certain stuff into the maps as well.
Such as Loading Screens and models and icons which are only used in that specific map.

Vetadors

Waiting for host? Wtf...

Hi. Thank you its work , or maybe.. lol. When i load the map 2 after my mission, its work but... Its say waiting for host...:nuts: Im not in battle.net! Im only in Single Player! I dont know why its say waiting for host lol i dont know what is the probleme.

Exide

I've never heard of anything like that before. :confused:
You should probably start a thread about it, and maybe upload your campaign, so that we can have a look at it..

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have also never heard about something like that before... It sounds strange :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Staff member
> You should add how to stop a cinematic from appearing your second time-about.
It's too specific and basic.

MutantRex

Great Guide. Definately helped me, but what I'm still stuck on and cant seem to figure out is, how to save items the hero is carrying?

Exide

Great Guide. Definately helped me, but what I'm still stuck on and cant seem to figure out is, how to save items the hero is carrying?
It was a long time since I used Wc3 World Editor, but if I remember correctly the items and abilities are automatically saved. When you save and Load the Hero.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
This was a good guide.
I seriously want to be a map maker, +rep.
This taught me how to make a campaign map, seeing as I wanted to make one.

P.S: +rep :thup:

Joe_Jegosul

Hi. Thank you its work , or maybe.. lol. When i load the map 2 after my mission, its work but... Its say waiting for host...:nuts: Im not in battle.net! Im only in Single Player! I dont know why its say waiting for host lol i dont know what is the probleme.
im having this problem too... how to solve it? :confused:

-OverpoweR-

Hello Exide, im having troubles setting up my next level of a map, i tried your method, but still failed, It just keeps sending me back to the main menu, i have both of my maps in the same Custom campaign, also,asked for help in the forum, but no body seems to be dealing with campaign stuff .... do you know a solution to my problem ? Since you're the only one who seems to know about campaign stuff... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop