How to create your own Campaign!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sweet! I was wondering how to make a campaign and all that cool stuff. :D Great job with this! :thup: +rep!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Something you should add to the tutorial. If the map is bigger than 4MB then it won't work using the campaign editor. You can attach the map, add it to a button and save properly. But when you enter wc3, and press that button that will start your map you will just come back to the same screen. Have tested around both with new maps and my own campaign map. Would be nice if someone proved me wrong though.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Something you should add to the tutorial. If the map is bigger than 4MB then it won't work using the campaign editor. You can attach the map, add it to a button and save properly. But when you enter wc3, and press that button that will start your map you will just come back to the same screen. Have tested around both with new maps and my own campaign map. Would be nice if someone proved me wrong though.

In order to test that I would need some campaign that's over 4MB large. :p
I guess importing a song would do the trick..
I'll try it out when I got the time.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I doubt that.
Afaik, 4mb is only the battle.net limit.

Maybe it was something you imported which was the cause of this.

On another note, Everything you import should be imported into the campaign file, not the map :p

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Yep, I had the same problem, but as Romek said, you're maps shouldn't include any imports, only the campaign file. You'll have to reassign all references to these filles in your map though.

Exide

Reaction score
Actually. You don't need to import everything that is used in your campaign into the campaign itself. -You can import certain stuff into the maps as well.
Such as Loading Screens and models and icons which are only used in that specific map.

Vetadors

Reaction score
Waiting for host? Wtf...

Hi. Thank you its work , or maybe.. lol. When i load the map 2 after my mission, its work but... Its say waiting for host...:nuts: Im not in battle.net! Im only in Single Player! I dont know why its say waiting for host lol i dont know what is the probleme.

Exide

Reaction score
I've never heard of anything like that before. :confused:
You should probably start a thread about it, and maybe upload your campaign, so that we can have a look at it..

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have also never heard about something like that before... It sounds strange :p

Capndrs

Reaction score
Variable

You should add how to stop a cinematic from appearing your second time-about.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> You should add how to stop a cinematic from appearing your second time-about.
It's too specific and basic.

MutantRex

Reaction score
Great Guide. Definately helped me, but what I'm still stuck on and cant seem to figure out is, how to save items the hero is carrying?

Exide

Reaction score
Great Guide. Definately helped me, but what I'm still stuck on and cant seem to figure out is, how to save items the hero is carrying?

It was a long time since I used Wc3 World Editor, but if I remember correctly the items and abilities are automatically saved. When you save and Load the Hero.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
This was a good guide.
I seriously want to be a map maker, +rep.
This taught me how to make a campaign map, seeing as I wanted to make one.

P.S: +rep :thup:

Joe_Jegosul

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you its work , or maybe.. lol. When i load the map 2 after my mission, its work but... Its say waiting for host...:nuts: Im not in battle.net! Im only in Single Player! I dont know why its say waiting for host lol i dont know what is the probleme.

im having this problem too... how to solve it? :confused:

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hello Exide, im having troubles setting up my next level of a map, i tried your method, but still failed, It just keeps sending me back to the main menu, i have both of my maps in the same Custom campaign, also,asked for help in the forum, but no body seems to be dealing with campaign stuff .... do you know a solution to my problem ? Since you're the only one who seems to know about campaign stuff... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.