How to Determine Damage Type Via Trigger.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

I want to know how to use the world editor triggers on determining damage type conditions.
I have a spell that works that if the damage taken was physical (mainly from physical attacks) a unit does not take damage, only damage instances from magic. And another one, i want to find out too, how the Octarine Core in Dota 2 works... So the question is how to determine the damage type taken by a unit.? How to determine if it takes the magic type of damage or the physical type damage?

KMilz

Reaction score
Maybe a boolean comparison? I'd love to open WE up and help you out for real, but I haven't had for the better part of a decade. There's probably something in there that could be used, though.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant really find that out. Games that do this usually use some kind of custom damage system where attacks are used as dummies.

Ratata

Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your first question but as for the second i think that this can be done with the Action "Unit-Set life(percentage)".

Ratata

Reaction score
Since i do not have warcraft 3 on this computer im making this trigger by memory so i apologize if something is wrong here(For the octarine core).Lets take the exaple that you want Spell A to have spellvamp of 20%
Event
Unit-A unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions
(Ability being cast) equal to Spell A
Actions
Unit-Set life of (casting unit) to +20%

(As for this 20%,eg if your spell A deals 100 dmg set +20,calculate the 20% yourself)

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your first question but as for the second i think that this can be done with the Action "Unit-Set life(percentage)".
Yeah, I know how to do that. I have already explored the world editor quite for a long time. Couldn't find any Condition that can match my event. And I guess dummies are the best units to be used as damage sources. Thanks though, to all of you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.