How to: Edit Models

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is agaisnt the rules, but could this possibly go into the tutorial respository thingy?

Tonks

Reaction score
aquter said:
Not sure if this is agaisnt the rules, but could this possibly go into the tutorial respository thingy?
Never hurts to ask.
You should probably stick to asking for an Acception or Denial from a mod. ;)

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I know nothing about modeling so I can't tell how good, or bad, the tutorial is. However, the images are really disturbing.

If you have things on your computer that you don't want to show us then use the cut tool in your image program to cut out the relevant parts instead of covering those stuff you don't want to show with yellow boxes. Those boxes makes the whole tutorial look unprofessional.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Oh... Lol. Sometimes I forget things like that :D

Thx for telling me. And is this stuff that may be good in the tutorial respository thing mods?

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
This is a good tutorial but as a Mortal Kombat fan it hurts me when people say Mortal Combat lol common :p

Naa just teasing again good work :shades:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Follow the advice that administrators give you in your Tutorial thread.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
phyrex1an <-- Administrator
/\ /\ Join Date: Mar 2005

I know nothing about modeling so I can't tell how good, or bad, the tutorial is. However, the images are really disturbing.

If you have things on your computer that you don't want to show us then use the cut tool in your image program to cut out the relevant parts instead of covering those stuff you don't want to show with yellow boxes. Those boxes makes the whole tutorial look unprofessional.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Well I was just trying to show people where good spots on there comp they could place all the stuff but if you insist...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, I have a problem ( and i don't think you can help me, but I'll try)

I downloaded the file and stuff and when open the Model Editor, It just has a blank grey screen. (Literally, not like yours)

EDIT:
Heres a picture:

Problem.jpg

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Do you mean the entire comp goes gray or do you mean just the model editor thing? If it's just the model editor, remember to get the MPQ archive out

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I posted a picture (And changed Avvy :p)

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Err... hm... Did you get DirectX9?

part of samus's visor was black so i overlapped it with part of the helmet and changed that part to the color of the visor. not only that but you need DirectX9. I also do not know how to import models into Warcraft 3 as of now

That was in my tutorial, If you don't, that may be the problem. My comp started with it so i don't know where you can find it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I do! Its strange Init?

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Its strange Init?

What?

P.S. I changed the pics to make it look more "proffesional", except the first one. That one is supposed to give you an idea of where you need to place it to give room for the rest.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its strange.

I'm going to try and re-install DirectX

For now I'm going to bed.

While I'm at it:

Bump

(oh and i forgot to mention the way that this tutorial is set out... IT ROCKS!! I love the way you made General SmartyPants. It made my laugh)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
If there is anyway you can reduce the size (how big the file is) on those images. Some of them are almost a meg in size and they take forever to load. You should be able to run them though a graphics program and play with the compression some to get them down significantly. Right now the picture files are just too big - they take too long to load.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.