How to gather items from other objects

Doctorslo

Reaction score
Hi.

I have placed a rock in my map. I want to gather items from that rock, let's say iron, with my hero. I think this could be done trough ability editor?

When you start gathering after x seconds the y item should appear in hero's inventory.
How can I do that?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
From the top of my head.

Create an ability from channel (let's call it Gather Iron).
Set the "cast time" of Gather Iron to how long you would like the process to take.

Then make a trigger like this:
Events - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to Gather Iron
Actions -
Create Iron Ore and give it to Triggering Unit

Note:
You can either set the Gather Iron ability to only be able to target a specific type of unit. Fx. Ancient, and let your rock unit be the only unit in the map which is targeted as an ancient.
Or
Add an If/then/else condition to the trigger.

This is a very simple example.

Edit:
Perhaps it would be cool if you based the Gather Iron on Life Drain?

Solu9

Reaction score
Under the Channel ability set the "Follow through time" to how long you want the process to take.
Set the "cast time" to 0 (if you have already changed that).
In the field in the very top of that ability "Art - Animation Names" use "attack" (or whatever the harvesting animation of your unit is called).

Edit:
If you are brand new to the editor you might get a bit confused about the dummy ability talk:
I suggest you read this tutorial
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/spells-channel.9304/

In case you already know what is it, I apologize :)

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
I suggest that you take Solu9 suggestion to use the Channel Ability. Have the Animation Name change to "Attack". In the Options make your ability "Visible" and etc.. as what you want with it.. "Follow through time" allows your hero to channel the ability for several seconds. Then you can create a trigger to give the hero the item after it casts the ability to the rock.. By doing this, you must also change the "Targets allowed" to the category which your rock belongs.. i.e. Tree, Decoration, Ancient, etc.

Doctorslo

Reaction score
When I create custom doodad, I can select only these categories:
Props
structures
Water
Terrain
Environment
Cinematic

Now, only Structure can be selected under "Targets Allowed" at ability tab.

I want to create a doodad with "ancient" category, so I can select it under "Tragets Allowed" field. How can I do that?

EDIT: If I select structures under "Targets Allowed", I can target on the ground anywhere and the casting will begin.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
Make the rock not a doodad.. Instead make it a unit.. And targeted as an Ancient. Make the unit a neutral passive.. You can still use the doodad model for the unit..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.