How to Get Exposure

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Plenty of people ask this question weekly, so I decided to post a huge database of links. I personally don't go to a lot of work to expose myself for I'm really into journalism, which wouldn't be very entertaining to readers. Therefore I don't know of too many websites that would help you gain interwebz fame, but if you do, please post the URL and a brief description of the site. I'll then add your URL to the list within a day or so.

Sites:

www.deviantart.com - This is an art community. You'd have plenty of competition against other artists, but if you make friends with the other writers from the community, you may get a few readers off the bat. I highly recommend this site to the young adults who are looking for a taste of real life fame and competition without lost (unless you use the ad feature). This is a really good way to learn some life lessons while doing what you love - writing. (Ninva)

www.lulu.com - This site is renown for its service. Many amateur writers use their service to self publish themselves. Of course you probably won't get far as a self publisher, but its a step in the right direction. (Ninva)

www.fictionpress.com - Stories, Novels, and Poetry just fill in the categories (though you have to wait 3 days to activate your account. :thdown:) People can search for your story and pick any chapter, etc. (Mizuio Ken)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118 - The WC of TH.net is a decent place to get criticism and praise. (Ninva)

www.moontowncafe.com - The "perfect website" for a poet. Writers can post their works in different categories and participate in poetry contests (w/ cash prizes as well!), read stories, and more stuff out of the blue. Poems are read and rated to the reader's own will. It might also guarantee notoriety once you have uploaded many (good) poems. You can also read other people's poetry/stories and rate them, and criticize and post comments/opinions.

www.shutterbugs.info - This is a photographer's community. The seasoned photographer or the curious novice can upload his/her photos in the site and show 'em off to fellow photographers and to the general public. This is one way to get some fame when it comes to photojournalism, and really cool and bizarre photos are all good pictures.

:More to be Added:

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
  • www.moontowncafe.com - The "perfect website" for a poet. Writers can post their works in different categories and participate in poetry contests (w/ cash prizes as well!), read stories, and more stuff out of the blue. Poems are read and rated to the reader's own will. It might also guarantee notoriety once you have uploaded many (good) poems. You can also read other people's poetry/stories and rate them, and criticize and post comments/opinions.
  • www.shutterbugs.info - This is a photographer's community. The seasoned photographer or the curious novice can upload his/her photos in the site and show 'em off to fellow photographers and to the general public. This is one way to get some fame when it comes to photojournalism, and really cool and bizarre photos are all good pictures.

Sites like Photobucket and Flickr are of course good for photos! Your photos might be promoted or added into special galleries.

I'm a registered member of Moontown cafe and uploaded a few poems. Unfortunately those poems and others' poems were gone due to a server problem months ago, but now it's OK.

As a high school student, I tend to expose myself by writing poems, short stories and many more literary works. I'm also interested in photography. It's either journalism or photojournalism or computer science (web design) that I'm going to take, but still, the crossroads are far ahead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.