how to get the star craft units in the war 3 editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JadeDingo

If you are making maps like crazy, like me, and want to add the SC units in heres the tool to do it with.

Get the tool here

In case your wondering here is the readme that tells you everything you need to know :D

Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos
WorldEditor Advanced v.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WHAT THIS READ ME TEXT CONTAINS -------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Introduction
2. Contents
3. How to Install
4. How to uninstall (only applies for modders or when expansion comes)
5. Future Addings
==============================================================

1. Introduction

I'm Cookie from wc3campaigns. As you might have known there are easter egg units in the game, hidden from the World editor as well from the game. The MODification community already figured out how to enable them, so that they can be placed within the World editor itself without much hassle (in fact, its clear simple).

The file that will enable the hidden units, like Hydra, zergling, terran marine etc is called: "unitui.slk". This file contains the various data for WE (and game itself, but that is not important as the game has been programmed to read from mpq and not from folders, which means it will ignore this file). By editing it we have enabled the hidden units.

2. Contents

what are enabled are:

-wards, ranging from stasis, sentry, healing and ancestral
guardian (Normally they cannot be selected in WE)

-owls (the flying thngs that the NE sent out for scouting =) )

-easter egg units:

catogory A= Neutral unit (hydralisk, zergling, Sammycube, shoveler with rob pardo's face)

Catogory B= Human unit (marine)

Catogory C= Orcish unit (Orc juggernauth)

3. How to install

How to install:

just unzip the folder to the warcraft III main folder. You should see units as a new folder. In that folder there is a file called unitui.slk
Thats all, that is the installation. If you want to play you dont have to remove this file, as wc3 is programmed not to read folders (only mpq) but the WE do.

4. How to uninstall

How to uninstall:

Delete the folder "Units" from the main directory of warcraft III. Thats all. This is mostly for people who are modders himself (if they want to add units they have to edit the unitui.slk etc) or when the expansion of Warcraft III comes out =P

5. Future Addings

What will be done next time?

-enable you to create 256X256 maps
-Spell effects/abilities effects/units will be usable as missiles (so you can make an giant orc shoot off sheeps)
-guide how to create custom units that use doodad models, spells and missile models (whakkyness aproved)

well, happy mapping and greetings from Cookie here and from wc3campaigns.com and its staff =)

ps: if any modders need help with various stuf, send me an E-mail at [email protected]

G

tlod

dingo the site that u have on the site, doesnt let me download the "thing" that lets u use the starcraft characters. Do you happen to know another sight that lets u download that add on

N

Neo_HoJo

that site works, and the download works, but the link does not take you directly to the download, it takes you to a review of the file. What you need to do is go to their download section, and then find the file from there.

D

daycaser

help me then

well i cant find the thing then could u tell me under wut category it is at, and the name of it plz. then i will leave u alone.

N

Neo_HoJo

no problem,
1)click the link to the download section that is on the left menu
2)click the tools link at the bottom of that page
3)at the bottom of the page, click on the "World Editor Enhanced Blink!" link
4)sign into WC3Campains
5)enjoy the nice short download!!

G

thx last questions

Thankyou hojo.
u are the only smart person other than me who is on this page. now i have 2 more questions that i have to ask and if i get them answered i will leave and none of you will ever hear of me again. i would like to know 2 things. First, i would like to know how to get money whenever one of your units kills something, like in the "towers" maps. And i would like to know how to make an opening clip like in the "alien vs predator" maps. If i get these 2 questions answered u will never hear from me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.