How to make a unit not die by an attack more than its max HP?

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I have a Fortress in my map, and I want it so that when its HP becomes less than or equal to 10000 (of 50000 maximum HP), another trigger turns on.
However, some of the enemy creeps have damage above 25000 and they can practically 2 shot the Fortress, and the second trigger never gets a chance to turn on since the Fortress never reached between 0 and 10000. Any way to make it happen so its HP won't drop below 1 and the 2nd trigger gets a chance to activate?

canons200

Reaction score
i think can't, it is very basic problem, try do another way round, like increase the HP of fortress, or lower the damage.

OR try something alternative, use GDD by weep, when the fortress is attacked, use condition to check whether the damage dealt is higher than the HP of fortress, if so then do yoru action.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I remember seeing this system in Twilight's Eve ORPG where when 2 players PVP, the loser cannot "die". The duel ends when one person's HP "attempts" to drop below 1% of maximum HP.
For example, if you have 5% of Max HP (say, 500) and someone uses a 5000 dmg nuke on you, the duel will automatically end and the you won't die.
Did they use Weep's GDD?

mapguy

Reaction score
just use the item ability +100 HP. and changee to +999999 HP.
then you give this ability to the unit when damage is DETECTED and starts a countdown timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds. when timer expires you remove the ability from the unit.

no need for WEPP.

only use the basic:

a unit takes damage

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I remember seeing this system in Twilight's Eve ORPG where when 2 players PVP, the loser cannot "die". The duel ends when one person's HP "attempts" to drop below 1% of maximum HP.
For example, if you have 5% of Max HP (say, 500) and someone uses a 5000 dmg nuke on you, the duel will automatically end and the you won't die.
Did they use Weep's GDD?

Any damage detection would work fine. If it's a pre-placed unit, you won't need any damage detection system.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]
no need for WEPP.

only use the basic:

a unit takes damage
you do know what you are talking about? what do you think Weeps damage detection system does? there is no "A unit takes damage" event in GUI.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no generic damage detection event. what purpose would it serve to create an own damage detection system from scratch for this small issue when there is a perfectly fine open source system download-able from this site?
there just is no need to spent much and even more time re-creating time consuming systems while he could rather focus on balance and gameplay.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you add the event "specific units takes damage" for a custom GUI only damage detection system you leak as well, what you leak is an event cause when the unit is gone, and so is the use of that specific unit event, the event itself is still there and there are more to come, one for each unit exactly.

mapguy

Reaction score
if you add the event "specific units takes damage" for a custom GUI only damage detection system you leak as well, what you leak is an event cause when the unit is gone, and so is the use of that specific unit event, the event itself is still there and there are more to come, one for each unit exactly.

your talking that a lot of event with no function will acumulate?
this will cause lag?

If I revive the creeps instead of respawning them I solve my problems?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
your talking that a lot of event with no function will acumulate?
this will cause lag?

If I revive the creeps instead of respawning them I solve my problems?

Why not just use Weep's GDD? It's very simple and efficient.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
of course, what do you think? if you create stuff it needs to be stored somewhere, and where is it stored? yes on your computer. each event you create takes it amount of memory and 1000+ events take, well, i would say about 1000 times as much as one or more.

you cannot revive normal units, at least not without making alot more trouble then just using weeps dds.

mapguy

Reaction score
Why not just use Weep's GDD? It's very simple and efficient.

why not to answer my question?

I have to download something to use GDD system or it's just using custom script and copy + paste?

I'M FUCKED!
all my map uses GUI damage detection system! FUCK IT!

I hate those stupid leaks!

this is the 3th leak I discover in the middle of a map. I Hope this time I don't need to restart my map instead of fixing a lot of shit.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
why not to answer my question?

I have to download something to use GDD system or it's just using custom script and copy + paste?

Why don't you actually go find Weep's GDD system and see how it works before questioning others? It's a GUI-Friendly snippet that uses GUI Global Variables for events, damaged unit, damage source and damage taken. It's very simple. Only reason I'm telling you to use this is because it's much more efficient and simple than reviving every single creeps.

mapguy

Reaction score
so there is a way to revive creeps?

If I add reincarnation to my creeps.
when they revive by this ability.
it counts as they entered playable map area again?
can I detect when a creep is revived by reincarnation?

the reason I'm not using GDD is because i want a 100% GUI made map.
I'm trying to show that it's possible to make a good map only using the tools the editor provides me.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
so there is a way to revive creeps?

If I add reincarnation to my creeps.
when they revive by this ability.
it counts as they entered playable map area again?
can I detect when a creep is revived by reincarnation?

the reason I'm not using GDD is because i want a 100% GUI made map.
I'm trying to show that it's possible to make a good map only using the tools the editor provides me.

By using custom script for leak removal, it proves that you're not using 100% GUI.

mapguy

Reaction score
do you have any idea how to recycle units?
or how to use custom script to remove an action from a trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.